Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Taste for whatever reason you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

So whats been going on? Who is scum and why?

realtalk hard to tell since a lot of people are lurking but I'm kinda feeling TMM right now but I don't think I can muster a case right now since it can too easily be dismissed as "TMM being TMM" (which is one of those Bad Reasons to dismiss cases but people love them so). I will try to do so this evening I guess.

people should post more imo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really want to see that case so I can laugh at it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

realtalk hard to tell since a lot of people are lurking but I'm kinda feeling TMM right now but I don't think I can muster a case right now since it can too easily be dismissed as "TMM being TMM" (which is one of those Bad Reasons to dismiss cases but people love them so). I will try to do so this evening I guess.

people should post more imo

This is bad post tm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

This is bad post tm

I'm not seeing it, I have usually been getting really accurate wrt Ecco's alignment in my past 3 or 4 games that include Ecco, I'm not feeling a scum here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
not necessarily a scum post, but a bad one regardless.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

not necessarily a scum post, but a bad one regardless.

Why even bother saying its a bad post if it doesn't have an alignment read attached to it? See like now, You have made a bad and scummy post and I think you are scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote Kashuno

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it's more than that I don't see his play around Keane OR chix coming from a sincere place. it's feeling like he's forcing himself to do stuff that he tends to do as town or scum BUT he's artificially amping it up, which I'm interpreting as coming from scum insecurity.

it's not a solid case nor a persuasive one though and I've been too blah to pump it up and go all effort on it so I haven't developed it yet.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Why even bother saying its a bad post if it doesn't have an alignment read attached to it? See like now, You have made a bad and scummy post and I think you are scum.

agreeing with this

also pig to be fair the last 3/4 games I've been scum so it might just be that you're biased against me (like everyone else??)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

agreeing with this

also pig to be fair the last 3/4 games I've been scum so it might just be that you're biased against me (like everyone else??)

nah, I don't think you are scum this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

it's more than that I don't see his play around Keane OR chix coming from a sincere place. it's feeling like he's forcing himself to do stuff that he tends to do as town or scum BUT he's artificially amping it up, which I'm interpreting as coming from scum insecurity.

it's not a solid case nor a persuasive one though and I've been too blah to pump it up and go all effort on it so I haven't developed it yet.

This honestly comes off as hedgey and scummy. It's like you're trying to ramp up to a case that you know is insincere and bad.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Guys Tremendous Taste has the most votes, hes pretty obviously scum, why else would so many players vote him? They can't all be wrong. Really makes you think if you think about it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi I'm Kashuno have we played mafia together before?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I see where you're coming from here as I've had similar thoughts. I feels like forced content more than anything, but I feel the motivation was a drive to drag the game kicking and screaming out of jokephase or perhaps his own attempts at humor. We may be able to pull a thread out of that small affair but I think they'll fray sooner than anything else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

yeah I'm not voting TMM based on this idea because I see this come up EVERY game he's in.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

I always think everyone is scum. It's why I'm still alive.

Being almost-serious, I don't like how Ecco immediately grabbed attention while also contributing to the joke turbo. It's attention whoring in a way that I really don't like, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Ecco was covering for Taste for some reason.

I don't like this post. Something bugs me about the first bit could just be the arrogance. The real issue is the 2nd part. Throws an accusation out onto Ecco, calls the turbo a joke yet Pmush is trying to link Ecco to Taste? Of course then Pmush tries to minimize the whole weird suggestion by saying it's almost-serious. Why say it at all? Weird weird post.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I still have about 6 players to go through but I need to leave now. I'll do it later.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm doubt I'm going to move my vote from Chic. I went and looked over some old stuff and this is exactly how a scum Chic tried to attack me in CPigs cartoon game until they killed me on N2.

She doesn't actually want to make a call on my alignment, she just doesn't like my play style.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

I'm doubt I'm going to move my vote from Chic. I went and looked over some old stuff and this is exactly how a scum Chic tried to attack me in CPigs cartoon game until they killed me on N2.

She doesn't actually want to make a call on my alignment, she just doesn't like my play style.

Can you link the game?

Also this message is just for TMM:

TMM I am secretly a vigilante.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

TMMadman posted:

It's really not.

The game in question: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742528

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Can you link the game?

Also this message is just for TMM:

TMM I am secretly a vigilante.

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE KEANE COME ON MAN..

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

How convenient that you appear shortly after I make a post about you.

So Chic, are you going to make any alignment reads this game? I ask because you haven't made a single one yet in this game but you sure do like to keep posting about me and my play style.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

TMMadman posted:

How convenient that you appear shortly after I make a post about you.

So Chic, are you going to make any alignment reads this game? I ask because you haven't made a single one yet in this game but you sure do like to keep posting about me and my play style.

I'm literally reading right now, chill the gently caress out

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also it's almost like I just got out of classes or something..! Oh wait. I did.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

Also it's almost like I just got out of classes or something..! Oh wait. I did.

I don't understand this because I don't have any class.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The way JakeP and Opop are determinedly Not Playing strikes me as off. wouldn't be surprised if one of the was scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I don't understand this because I don't have any class.

:henget:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

The way JakeP and Opop are determinedly Not Playing strikes me as off. wouldn't be surprised if one of the was scum

This is a hard null tell for both of them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Guys Tremendous Taste has the most votes, hes pretty obviously scum, why else would so many players vote him? They can't all be wrong. Really makes you think if you think about it.

it does make me think Jake.##vote Jakep

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I still have about 6 players to go through but I need to leave now. I'll do it later.

wait what? are you just reading each players posts individually or something? thats scummy. It takes every post outside of its relevant context and turns into who did bad thing

id vote you but you arent the vote leader

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

Im a Survivor

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Im a Survivor

##vote jakep

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Im a Survivor

kill all 3Ps

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm town but nobody is posting so I have little to go on. Pretty much anyone seriously going after TMM at this point looks bad to me though

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Is survived a powerful 3rd party role? It seems silly to put your vote down on third party rather then actually hunt for scum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
And by silly I mean scummy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
its the lazy vote but i don't blame anyone im not going to put much more effort into this game than I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

its the lazy vote but i don't blame anyone im not going to put much more effort into this game than I am

I would lynch any other player on this post alone except maybe Uranus.

• Locked thread