Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

In Training posted:

They weren't offering a preorder season pass map DLC for the Zelda games, and those are two completely different games.

i dont think any of those words correctly describes the third campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are maps, I guess

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Austrian mook posted:

For real though, Conquest seems way bettwr than Bloodlines, its supposed to be the more traditional FE style, harder and I like the family on that side more, although that's just from the artwork

Who doesn't? :v:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
No its for other reasons... :sweatdrop:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

From what I've seen, it's like if the Witcher 2 sold its different Chapter 2's as two different products.

you're wrong

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Minidust posted:

Would an eShop receipt for Mario Maker still qualify you for a free copy of that physical booklet? Not sure how limited of a deal that was supposed to be.

I got an eshop version and called and got one mailed to me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

epitasis posted:

i dont think any of those words correctly describes the third campaign

To be fair they actually are doing a bundle for the dlc maps iirc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ronnie posted:

Can I get some opinions on the 2 Kirby games on promo this week? The mass attack and Rainbow curse.

Power Paintbrush (Canvas Curse) is a fun game and one of the first DS games to do something substantial with the touchscreen; the main complaint people have about it is that getting 100% completion requires you to play through the entire game several times with several different "characters" that don't differ a whole lot. If you like it, there's a sequel for Wii U that's similar but with gorgeous claymation graphics.

Mass Attack is another fun game with a ton of content, both in terms of the main game and all the different minigames. It looks a little Lemmings-y but it's pretty much all action: you tap and drag to rally your kirbys at a point on the screen, flick kirbys to toss them at things, tap things to have your kirbys interact with them, etc. The controls can be a bit finnicky, mostly due to the game having fairly big sprites for a relatively small screen, and there's some two-screen stuff that might be awkward hen split across the TV & gamepad. The levels are fairly long and getting 100% requires no damage runs which can be very tough and a lot of people find it tedious to have to start/restart such lengthy stages the moment they get hit.

Saoshyant posted:

Also, to answer this, these are some of the best Kirby games. However, they are Kirby games. If you have not enjoyed any to date these are unlikely to change your mind.

That may be true for traditional Kirby games but both of these games are "barely-related spinoff with Kirby slapped on" games, so you can't really categorise them in that way.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Austrian mook posted:

No its for other reasons... :sweatdrop:

You sick gently caress

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The gently caress are these barber poles glued to her head

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HenryEx posted:

Her hair doubles as a flotation device in case of emergencies.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

What, you're telling me you haven't ever seen oversized pigtail-like hair appendages before?

(I think these ones look more like food actually.) It happens kind of a lot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excuse me the scientific term is "drill-hair".

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It is clearly hair armor.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That may be true for traditional Kirby games but both of these games are "barely-related spinoff with Kirby slapped on" games, so you can't really categorise them in that way.

"Barely-related spinoff with Kirby slapped on" describes about every other Kirby release

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
For real tho is the map design good in FE: Fates? What are hardcore FE fans saying about the game?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't followed it for a while but I heard the "casual" Awakening-style game is actually the harder of the two due to there being more variables and big number bullshit to deal with, whereas the "hardcore" game is mostly just a matter of gaming the AI past a certain point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo Japan just revamped their site and announced Nintendo Accounts are live: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html

(I guess the site's getting hammered right now, it doesn't load for me.)

They're doing an introductory promo until February 1: for every 1000yen spent on the eShop, you'll get 100yen credited to your Nintendo Account.

They also launched an official blog:https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/f1815e6f-9195-11e5-b940-0a6d14145cb1.html

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 1, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Please no one take the name IwataFucker69, that one is mine

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you're one of the sods who happen to be not just in the PAL region but also in CIS/Russia, Yandex Money has started another sale for most of its 3DS/WiiU catalogue. Discounts vary from "is that it?" to "OK". Even Bravely Default and Pokemons are on sale.
https://money.yandex.ru/nintendo-games/index.xml?type=3ds
The keys only work in RU and CIS.

Oh, and this runs for three days only.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 1, 2015

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CIS-males getting helped by the patriarchy, again.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What is this Nintendo Account thing again?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fix posted:

What is this Nintendo Account thing again?

It's what the current NNIDs will be converted into. Will be usable in everything Nintendo does from now on, including smartphone games/apps. A true account system. Or so they say.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh, right.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope they have a way to retroactively register games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Are accounts region locked?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

mikeycp posted:

Are accounts region locked?

Well, for now, yes. I can't create one from Nintendo's Japanese site.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Steamworld Heist has a price and release date: it'll be out next week (December 10) in both regions for $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99, and if you buy this year you get a free menu theme. It does sound like a big game with a lot of content but I wonder how many people will bite at that price.

Fast Racing Neo might be getting a release date tomorrow, too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm pretty curious how they're going to price Fast Racing Neo since it's eShop only but with 16 tracks/online multiplayer/60 FPS it sounds like there's a lot there. I guess it's probably doomed no matter what though

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Your games are already on your NNID so unless you're talking about something else or Nintendo is a dumb idiot about this (doubtful at this point but hey, it could happen) your licences should just transfer over.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Is the triforce heroes update tomorrow? If so, anyone want to play it right when it comes out?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the exact times the Triforce Heroes update will go live:

quote:

Europe: 1.50AM to 3AM on Thursday, December 3rd
UK: 12.50AM to 2AM on Thursday, December 3rd
North America (ET): 7.50PM to 9PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
North America (PT): 4.50PM to 6PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
Japan: 9.50AM to 11AM on Thursday, December 3rd

Patch notes:

quote:

Version 2.0.0
Den of Trials will be added.
Over 30 stages will be unlocked in the Den of Trials (each one goes progressively deeper underground).

2 new outfits will be added.
These will be unlocked after clearing certain requirements in the game.

A new method for obtaining Friendly Tokens will be added.
Friendly Tokens can be obtained from the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted.

Miiverse stamps will be added.

Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
Users will be matched up with other players based on their answers to a series of questions prior to being matched up.

Users will be able to add other users to their blacklist if they exit the game through the pause menu during the game.
After their teammate exits the game, users will be able to add them to their blacklist by tapping the teammate’s Hero Panel and pressing the A (or B) button before saving the game.

Adjustments will also be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/fast_racing_neo_release_date_and_pricing_speed_into_view

Fast Racing Neo has a release date and price now!

€14.99 / $14.99 / £10.99

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
drat, Fast Racing Neo and SteamWorld Heist on the same day? Next week is going to be good.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
NoE confirmed to Dualshockers that the Nintendo Account will be live there (and Australia) by March 2016. They couldn't say anything about the US, though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, that probably means the US is getting it in January but NOA didn't think of announcing it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Steamworld Heist has a price and release date: it'll be out next week (December 10) in both regions for $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99, and if you buy this year you get a free menu theme. It does sound like a big game with a lot of content but I wonder how many people will bite at that price.

Fast Racing Neo might be getting a release date tomorrow, too.

I really miss when indie games were $5-10 dollars, $15-20 is out of impulse buy range. I really enjoyed Steamworld Dig as well and I've got a $20 eshop card that's been sitting here for several months and I'm probably going to wait for a sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA, you're getting Trauma Team on Wii U tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is there any hope of a Monster Hunter game coming to Wii U again or is it pretty much 3ds from here on out?