Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta get the astronaut just for the classic space flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
TO ME, MY HAWKMEN!
________________\

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Maybe it wasn't Construx. Everything was light grey with red accents and all the pieces had greeblies and connected with hexagons.

I think I had what you are talking about. Was it space themed and had little figures with rubber arms and legs? I have been trying to find what it was called for a while now.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I made a couple of MOCs. Ok, I've made a bunch, but these are the only ones that are finished and worth sharing.

The Ghostbuster Firehouse got me excited, so I made some Slime Blowers from the second film. The striped tiles on the back fall off pretty easily but other than that I'm pretty satisfied.

The other is the Stair Car from Arrested Development, complete with Buster.

On the Next Arrested Development, Buster meets some kindred spirits :sax::banjo:

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 2, 2015

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Stormangel posted:

I think I had what you are talking about. Was it space themed and had little figures with rubber arms and legs? I have been trying to find what it was called for a while now.

Like DeathMarine21 said, sounds like robotix. Which owned, by the way.

Does anyone remember ramagon?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Ebay is pissing me off due to me thinking I would make easy money off of some of the Lego that I binge-bought 2 years ago but then kind of grew out of before I even put them together. As I stated before, I thought this stuff would sell like hotcakes since last year when I sold them I made a bunch. HOWEVER, I forgot how much of a headache it was to deal with people complaining about shipping, how much shipping cost for each drat auction, and etc.

I am tempted to just throw them on here and eat the profits I would make by ebay, but then again ebay would take 10% as fees anyhow. But goons are notorious for lowballing.

How is selling on Bricklink? I bought like one thing a long time ago, so it is not like I have the best seller feedback or something on my account.

edit - I see a bunch of international sellers on Bricklink. Do you have to deal with shipping internationally a lot?

jeeves fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 2, 2015

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I got this set for $25 from Goodwill in a box, but when I put it together it was missing the stickers, the truck, the bike, and all the minifigs except Widow. It was missing a couple small pieces as well but I had spares.

I have enough ship sets and I was mostly hoping for the minifigs I didn't have - Widow, Captain America, Vision. Anyone with some extra Avengers (Cap and Vision primarily) interested in making a swap for the plane itself? I'd also be interested in a Simpsons person or two - I just have the main family + Flanders.

Perhaps a long shot since I imagine most folks are more interested in little people than some white and blue parts, but I'll probably try to get my money back on ebay otherwise.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

jeeves posted:

edit - I see a bunch of international sellers on Bricklink. Do you have to deal with shipping internationally a lot?

I'm pretty sure you can configure your store to only allow shipping to certain countries.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

jeeves posted:

Ebay is pissing me off due to me thinking I would make easy money off of some of the Lego that I binge-bought 2 years ago but then kind of grew out of before I even put them together. As I stated before, I thought this stuff would sell like hotcakes since last year when I sold them I made a bunch. HOWEVER, I forgot how much of a headache it was to deal with people complaining about shipping, how much shipping cost for each drat auction, and etc.

I am tempted to just throw them on here and eat the profits I would make by ebay, but then again ebay would take 10% as fees anyhow. But goons are notorious for lowballing.

How is selling on Bricklink? I bought like one thing a long time ago, so it is not like I have the best seller feedback or something on my account.

Really? I just sold 5 large castle sets and didn't have any issues with complaints or anything. Could you give us a link to your auctions so that we might comment and ridicule/give suggestions?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dr. Benway posted:

Does anyone remember ramagon?

No, but I had Fiddlesticks

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Aww yiss, getting Left Shark.

A satyr guy and someone with a brown hat? I expect to see Lego Torgo soon.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Bushifox posted:

Really? I just sold 5 large castle sets and didn't have any issues with complaints or anything. Could you give us a link to your auctions so that we might comment and ridicule/give suggestions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954930939
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954924424
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954936443

I have them pretty much at the price that I want to sell them, but I guess I have to drop them even more?

The only page views are literally only mine.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

jeeves posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954930939
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954924424
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221954936443

I have them pretty much at the price that I want to sell them, but I guess I have to drop them even more?

The only page views are literally only mine.

I would cancel those and relist them as buy it now with best offer. I only ever use auctions if I'm not sure what something is worth. You're selling in an auction for around the price other people are selling buy it now, why would I wait 4 days for the auction to end when I could get it right now for about the same price? Your shipping is expensive for me, but priority seems expensive coast to coast over 3 pounds, so it is probably less for people closer to your area. (also, is it too late to put any kind of reply to the negative feedback? it is rough having that stare people in the face when they are looking at your stuff.)

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
It might hurt you don't have a 90%+ rating. Ive had bad experiences with sellers and buyers and thus literally almost never deal with anyone under like 95.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody using eBay in 2015 is using an auto sniper to avoid shill bidders. Your auctions won't see any action until 5 seconds before they end.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Ugh, I got one bad feedback from a drat wireless keyboard I sold that I have no idea what happened-- I had it in a padded envelope and the buyer says it arrived damaged. Ugh. The dude was the only bidder and got the drat thing for a steal of a price but then complains about it and it apparently screws me.

I think I am just going to cancel the auctions and follow your advice. I still want to try to hit the X-Mas markets.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

It might hurt you don't have a 90%+ rating. Ive had bad experiences with sellers and buyers and thus literally almost never deal with anyone under like 95.

Well I guess I am hosed then for this season due to that one god drat review. My wife is going to kill me unless I sell some of these though, I guess I'll just throw them up for some gunes.

What's better, to make a post in SA-Mart and then link it here?

jeeves fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 3, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo. That baby is going to be super popular.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why the baby?

Also: Me and the GF built Santa's visit vignette, he gingerbread house and the Tardis yesterday.

Santa's visit:
Nice little vignette that is going to be part of our christmas decoration. Santa is nothign special though it is the one from last years minfig series. The elf from that series is also goes nicely with it.

Gingerbread house:
A cute little build and perfectly suited for lighting it from the inside with a lightbrick as it has translucent windows and an 2x16(?) bar running through the middle of the floor.
I have no lightbrick, but if you replace that with a 2x8 on one side and a 1x8 on the other you could fiddle the cable out underneath.
The roof is cleverly attached and the chimneytop looks not that bad in reality.

Tardis:
The interior is very detailed and cleverly built, the Tardis itself is a bit crammed and the doors don't open which is a bummer as you can't make the doctor look out, but the folding and attachment of the interior is neat. Most surprising is the Daleks, they actually look a lot better in reality then they come across in the pics.
All pieces are printed, no stickers.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Dr. Benway posted:

Like DeathMarine21 said, sounds like robotix. Which owned, by the way.

Awful app ate my first attempt, so hopefully this doesn't double post.

It definitely wasn't Robotix, as I desperately wanted that as a kid. Here's my attempt at drawing what I remember.

The basic bricks were 1x1x1 and 1x1x2, which were held together by couplers (upper left). It was kind of like a square, opaque Capsela. One 1x1x2 brick had a motor which was powered by a separate, slightly phallic, battery pack.

As far as the size of the bricks, I'm not sure. As a kid I made a gun with them, and a single 1x2 was a bit too big to use as the grip.

Stormangel fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 3, 2015

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Legions of Power? I had a couple sets as a kid, they were alright I guess.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/legionsofpower/legionsofpower.html

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

TriggerHappy posted:

Legions of Power? I had a couple sets as a kid, they were alright I guess.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/legionsofpower/legionsofpower.html

Holy crap, that's it! I love you.

I know they were meh, but it's one of those things that has been bugging me to remember.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The sad truth is the vast majority of toys are complete crap.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hopper posted:

Why the baby?

To give people a reason to say papoose (I probably spelled that wrong) plus it's super cute.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Wow, that's a great line of minifigs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've finally opened the Doctor Who set. Good lord. So many tiny parts.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Update! I've got two wrong bricks in my Who set. Hmph.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Update! I've got two wrong bricks in my Who set. Hmph.

Which two? Also, when it's built, it's amazing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I need 2 X light grey 2x1s with the circular hole in for the tops of the inside of the doors. I got 2 X extra dark grey 2x1s with the technic cross instead. :saddowns:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I need 2 X light grey 2x1s with the circular hole in for the tops of the inside of the doors. I got 2 X extra dark grey 2x1s with the technic cross instead. :saddowns:

Are you sure? I messed up and used the wrong colour twice because I did not have enough light to see the colours in the instructions correctly. And the wrong hole shape once, too. Not saying you are stupid or anything, but I also had to backtrack.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No, I definitely have 5 where I should only have 3.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I'm getting that satyr, so I can finally make an accurate Torgo minifigure.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Time to call support then. Last time I had to they send me the missing part within 4 days.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I ordered the tardis + the christmas set at 1 AM or so, and both were in stock. Now they sent me an email saying that the seasonal set is sold out. Luckily I don't mind that much cause I mainly ordered it to reach the threshold for the gingerbread house.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What I've found odd is that the seasonal mini-sets always sell out online, but if I go to the store they have heaps of them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sometimes you just don't have the energy to pull the jorts off the floor and go to the store. But clicking online? That's easy!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

smackfu posted:

What I've found odd is that the seasonal mini-sets always sell out online, but if I go to the store they have heaps of them.

It's because people are lazy and don't like to go outside.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Well to be fair for some people like myself the closest Lego store is 2 hours away and none of my more local shops ever have a decent selection.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

There are roughly 100 Lego stores in the US. That leaves a lot of uncovered territory.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AllisonByProxy posted:

Well to be fair for some people like myself the closest Lego store is 2 hours away and none of my more local shops ever have a decent selection.

Yeah, but they're pretty good about putting Lego stores in busy cities, and even though you're 2 hours away, lots of other people are 10 minutes away. I've noticed myself that the stores in Chicago tend to have a ton of extra exclusives on hand. Like when they were handing out the white classic space minifig, there was a giant box just chilling behind the register stuffed with them for a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Fayez Butts posted:

It's because people are lazy and don't like to go outside.

I don't like driving 2+ hours each way for something I could just order.