Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Cocknobbler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NaDy posted:

Bath is where lots of tourists go. I know this because I grew up there and people would always get in the way when we tried to smoke weed out the front of the Royal Crescent. Godddddd

Yeah, I used to work there and the fuckers would always get in the way.

Don't now though so go nuts

Bozza posted:

Crewe, Hull, Slough, Maidstone, Luton, Stevenage, Didcot, Swindon and Glasgow will give you the real English experience.

I particularly recommend the Springburn area of north Glasgow for sight seeing and asking for the real local English experience.

Make sure to tour all of the areas of Swindon beginning with a P. That's the sign of a quality tourist area.

lenoon posted:

York is a really good choice

Realtalk: this

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

:newlol:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

harry bellendfonte

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

learnincurve posted:

ay up me duck.

There are literally no good pubs in Chesterfield left. :(

Carvery moved from the winsick arms to the three flowerpots with the owners btw, new chef at the winsick is Russian and does not know how to cook beef.

Well there's the Royal Oak in the shambles, that's still alright. Couple of good beers, good whitewashed cellar, drink in an 800-odd year old pub.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Forgot about that one, I've not been to that tiny real ale microbrewery craft beer thing with the obligatory old man outside opposite the post office parcel collection place yet either.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Fraction posted:

Thread: what is your fav Brit slang?

Been having this discussion at work cos there's lots of cross border slang that doesn't make the jump from England to Scotland and vice versa. Some favourites so far (the Scots ones are basically common as gently caress unless you are from England), note I am common as gently caress so the English ones are not yer standards.

England -
Pie off / pied off - to not do something
Bun / 'low that - gently caress that, I'm not doing it
Skanked - this one seems exclusive to my hometown of Bedford but it means to be ditched
Waste / wasteman - idiot

Scotland -
Hee Haw - nothing
Wean (pronounced wain) - child
Skelp - to hit someone
Boak - dry heave
Boaby - penis

Also pumped for loving and use of pure as a means of emphasis.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bommyknocker

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

a woman i work with always puts clown noses on her email smilies :o)

E: friend of mine has started using the word brassic a lot

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Brassic is really commen up north. Although we say "It's fookin brassic"

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
A guy I used to work with would say Cushty-bartey for good and he was a loving idiot

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bozza posted:

Foodchat

:munch:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Middle class dinner party (sans pampas grass and wife swapping) now known as a Roody Toody Booze and Foody

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Some oval office in the seventies planted pampas grass in my garden and now only napalm could get that fucker out

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
rename me pompous grass

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

>:-( is the best smiley

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

{:-{D)>

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

';...;'

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

simplefish posted:

{:-{D))))>

its a goon now

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Anyone here play rocket league? I'm in need of some UK teamates, since my US friends are always asleep when I play.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Manic X posted:

Anyone here play rocket league? I'm in need of some UK teamates, since my US friends are always asleep when I play.

Yes but I'm like Bronze I lol

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i only play planetside now

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i finally found a gun in fallout in a decent calibre but i have no bullets to shoot with it!!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
kill people and take their bullets thats my pro strat

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
none of the people im killing have good bullets

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Manic X posted:

I do but I'm dreadful at it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
you just need to kill more people

kill everyone

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
we used to have supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars in my flat, which i think is the old version of rocketleague

i was crap at it because i have no sense of coordination or timing and its even worse when im baked

e: also now i hate kanye west because you could have a custom soundtrack and that was the only music on the ps3

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I only got the game yesterday, and I'm not particularly good at the game, but I do find it fun... well when you're playing in a team. When you're with randoms who drop out as soon as you go 0-1 down, the game becomes less fun.

If anyone wants to join me in rocket league at some point, add me on skype @ Manicx97 or on steam @ Manic X (picture of green hedgehog).

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i think all the rocket leaguers itt are on ps4

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Pfft, Steam crew

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Back to Jessica Jones chat..

It wasn't really working for me UNTIL she throws a radiator through a door whilst shouting about taking out problems on other people.

Now I love it.

Also more Daredevil soon pls.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I enjoyed it from David Tennant doing things that David Tennant could probably do

if David Tennant came in all like 'i'm living here now' would you argue with him

Eating a big ol bag of twiglets rn, the best snack

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I enjoyed it from David Tennant doing things that David Tennant could probably do

if David Tennant came in all like 'i'm living here now' would you argue with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdNkPKpwWqU

This is a song about his hands

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Fingerless Gloves posted:

twiglets are v good :agreed:

bugles are also an acceptable alternative if you can find them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please do not treat twiglets with anything other than abject revulsion

it's not big and it's not clever

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

much like my dick

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

which, coincidentally, looks a bit like a twiglet

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I think I left my netflix set up on the TV in my old house, because apparently someone else is using the account.

Kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

I think I left my netflix set up on the TV in my old house, because apparently someone else is using the account.

Kill me.

...change your password?