Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Classic. I saw this guy hauling Tonka back in like 1990:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand speculate.

it arrived back from the Spectre shoot...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's a Jag C-X75

e- and it looks like one of the fake, WRC space frame/supercharged V8 film cars and not the microturbine/electric hybrid that the concept was

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 1, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

VikingSkull posted:

It's a Jag C-X75

e- and it looks like one of the fake, WRC space frame/supercharged V8 film cars and not the microturbine/electric hybrid that the concept was

I don't believe they ever actually made a running car with the turbines and flywheel. Before long the idea shifted to a blown 1.6L to give it some sort of F1 link.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

88h88 posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand speculate.

it arrived back from the Spectre shoot...

flamethrower :crossarms:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which definitely happened in the movie.

Though I had pegged it as a Lambo in that chase scene but they didn't give it a lot lot of screen time.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
gently caress it, lets just cut the fenders off this gtr because they aren't wide enough.

Guy bought some parts from the racing program it seems.

Bonus picture from the subaru thread

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
Can anyone identify this quirky looking recreational vehicle? Never seen a streetable submarine before.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Vitamin J posted:

Can anyone identify this quirky looking recreational vehicle? Never seen a streetable submarine before.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Vitamin J posted:

That's an Ultravan - Corvair rear engined RV thing. I saw an entire convoy of those things on Hwy 1 for their annual meetup. When restored they look fantastic

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/12/muscle-car-meets-hypercar-tantrum-charger/

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I like how the valve cover breathers are just a filter that could potentially dump oil all over the headers and burn the car down.

Although I expect it's only ever going to be on a trailer and parked.

jamal fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 2, 2015

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Jesus.

94mm snails, Tremec T56, Ford 9 inch... I wonder how long that drive line will last. I mean I know the t56 and ford 9" have a reputation for being bullet proof, but 1650HP is a nuke.

jamal posted:

I like how the valve cover breathers are just a filter that could potentially dump oil all over the headers and burn the car down.
holy poo poo I totally missed that. Yeah with that much turbo, there's a pretty high chance for explosive positive crankcase pressure...

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

I love the back seats, but those front seats look like they'd give anyone over 5'6" whiplash every time they stepped on the gas

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The motor looks good, but I can't warm to the rest of the car.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

:flashfap:

Owns. Really dig the subtlety of the carbon fibre, that's super cool.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

T1g4h posted:

:flashfap:

Owns. Really dig the subtlety of the carbon fibre, that's super cool.

The entire thing is just a work of art. I'd be interested in knowing more about it from the technical side, especially, given the source of the engine, the cooling. Boat engines are designed knowing that they have an endless supply of cool/cold water to suck through the ridiculously powerful mill. I wonder how they managed to get this to stay cool with a closed system.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You Am I posted:

The motor looks good, but I can't warm to the rest of the car.

It looks like the photo has been been poorly resized, the dimensions are just off.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Locator posted:

The entire thing is just a work of art. I'd be interested in knowing more about it from the technical side, especially, given the source of the engine, the cooling. Boat engines are designed knowing that they have an endless supply of cool/cold water to suck through the ridiculously powerful mill. I wonder how they managed to get this to stay cool with a closed system.

Big rad, lots of fans, a stand alone electric water pump and some clever piping? I'm more curious about its reliability. While a boat engine is generally reliable, its having a different kind of strain being put on it (running at varying RPMs constantly) compared to what it was designed to handle (constant high RPMs).

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Also never actually operating at anywhere close to full power.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Jesus.

94mm snails, Tremec T56, Ford 9 inch... I wonder how long that drive line will last. I mean I know the t56 and ford 9" have a reputation for being bullet proof, but 1650HP is a nuke.

holy poo poo I totally missed that. Yeah with that much turbo, there's a pretty high chance for explosive positive crankcase pressure...

Not sure why they wouldn't use a TR-6060 instead of a T-56, a built TR-6060 should be able to take that kind of power. Then I saw the Michelin PSS on 20s and it won't matter. The tires won't hook and put stress on the drive line.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PhoenixWing posted:

That's an Ultravan - Corvair rear engined RV thing. I saw an entire convoy of those things on Hwy 1 for their annual meetup. When restored they look fantastic

It looks like someone took all the signs off a Mr Whippy van.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

It looks like someone took all the signs off a Mr Whippy van.

I don't care what anyone says, they are the coolest most happy RVs ever made :colbert:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Need an Espada?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

PhoenixWing posted:

I don't care what anyone says, they are the coolest most happy RVs ever made :colbert:

:allears:

GhostDog posted:

Need an Espada?

Yes. Yes I do.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PhoenixWing posted:

I'll give you happiest, but for coolest, my vote still goes for the 1971 Starstreak:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'll give you happiest, but for coolest, my vote still goes for the 1971 Starstreak:

Well, you can't get any more Cadillacky than that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I saw what could very well be a two story falcon rotting away in a field out near rimbey, and thinking about it has led me to some dark places.

Can you believe they passed laws dictating the minimum sleeper size?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Heard you like trucking so we put a trucker cap on your truck.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

I saw what could very well be a two story falcon

More pics? Cab over trucks tickle me in all the right places

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SouthsideSaint posted:

More pics? Cab over trucks tickle me in all the right places

I'm not yet brave enough to risk getting shot to approach the guy yet, but you can see the cab and the "toilet tank" sleeper sticking up over a bunch of rotting vans. i'll try bringing my superzoom next time i head out that way to get a few pics of it. I would bet at this point they're rarer than most ferraris.

edit: this journey is takin me places.

This sold for $8000 in vegas a few months ago

This sold for a thousand fuckin dollars in BC just over a year ago :negative:

It even has a garage. I would live in that so fuckin hard.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 3, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

aka the fuel bill.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

edit: this journey is takin me places.

hnnnngggggg the H5-60. First CAD designed Prevost. Mid engine 8v92TA that has to be cut out of the bus for a rebuild. 60' of loving bus. those things are epic. I've seen 3.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm not sure which thread this goes in but there's this:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4064/Driving-the-NASAElan-NP01-The-Ultimate-Affordable-Prototype.aspx

Affordable to race, prototype style racecar.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Latest SpeedHunters features a Corolla wagon with velocity stacks and a hole cut in the hood.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Hello

It me

I was wondering after all these years

You'd like to meet

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

no gauges, just a cell phone holder

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

neckbeard posted:

no gauges, just a cell phone holder
I loved that bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I am hard like a diamond, please tell me the 800 stands for CuIn.