Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summit 4?
This poll is closed.
OG 54 26.60%
OG 36 17.73%
OG 57 28.08%
OG 56 27.59%
Total: 203 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Radical posted:

but yeah alliance is basically in a death spiral atm because there are certain people on the team they won't kick but shuffling all the other players around doesn't seem to fix anything hmmmm

boy i wonder what the problem is

UncleNox IM UncleNox NOT UncleNox THE UncleNox PROBLEM UncleNox

Angrymantium posted:

I haven't watched any Alliance games in a long time, is Loda or Bulldog the problem?

They were doing really well until frankfurt, and then everything just imploded. I wouldnt say its a single player being bad, it just feels like they're making really bad decisions as a team in early/mid-game fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope MyNuts can find a good team.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Angrymantium posted:

I haven't watched any Alliance games in a long time, is Loda or Bulldog the problem?

S4 is weak most of the time, Loda isn't anything special. Bulldog actually is alright.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
kick loda for eternal envy

e: "high-impact fudge-packing heroes" :stare:

Majuju fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 3, 2015

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
S4 has been off more or less since TI5, VP broke him. Loda has made some moves but was never that impressive. Akke never stands out.

Mynuts was consistently the most impressive player on the team.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
S4 looked so insanely good during that period of Secret dominance I don't know what the hell happened.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

S4 looked so insanely good during that period of Secret dominance I don't know what the hell happened.

Well when you go from a tier 1 team to a tier 3 team things tend to change.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He broke during TI. It felt like Zai and to some extent Rtz were carrying the whole team.

On that topic, I really want to see Zai play again. He is so crazy good, or at least was before he returned to school.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

As Boatswain said, S4 crashed and burned towards the end of Secret's run and has not been the same player since. It's weird.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

What's EGM up to nowadays?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Concurred posted:

4C&L, with other post TI3 Alliance rejects Niqua and Pajkatt.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what does CIS actually stand for

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Concurred posted:

He and the rest of the alliance rejects got top 3 at Dreamhack and got a 2-0 on Alliance there.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Commonwealth of Independent States. Its a regional organization formed after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cheers!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Tidehunter literally taking no damage

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

It means u arent transgender i think

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

drunken officeparty posted:

It means u arent transgender i think

Is that genuinely a phrase in that field because I swear to god I heard it on an episode of NCIS or some poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sheever ravage and they still won the fight

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Alliance are doing it?

What the hell is VP doing in this game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Alliance are doing it?

What the hell is VP doing in this game

Core Venge strat. It almost never works.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Is that genuinely a phrase in that field because I swear to god I heard it on an episode of NCIS or some poo poo

Tumblr slang. Cis means you were born a dude, identify as a dude. As opposed to trans. Cis comes from organic chemistry (cis-trans isomerism).

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Ok well there's the Alliance we all know I guess

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo that damage on the Venge

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Core Venge strat. It almost never works.

Well, looks like it works if you're playing against Alliance, lol

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I played Venge for the first time in like a year the other day and was shocked (shocked) to learn she is an agi hero. A support hero with support abilities always played as support but is agi.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
what the gently caress bulldog YOU HAD RAVAGE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ZZZorcerer posted:

Well, looks like it works if you're playing against Alliance, lol

Yeah I didn't expect him to do so much damage when he got ganked like that to Loda's alchemist. They didn't expect that either lmao

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States

Basically Russia and surrounding areas.

E: no more posting without refreshing first

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Who is the standin on Alliance?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
So is EGM coming back for the third time now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alliance is garbage

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Firebatgyro posted:

Kebab

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Firebatgyro posted:

Kebap from Monkey Freedom Fighters.

Poaching from tier 4 teams is surely what's going to flip the switch to Back.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I played Venge for the first time in like a year the other day and was shocked (shocked) to learn she is an agi hero. A support hero with support abilities always played as support but is agi.

There are a couple heroes that have a different primary stat than you might expect. Venge, veno, wisp(str), ogre(int) ursa(agi) etc.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Plz don't disrespect 2 time TI competitor Kebap, i'm sure hes definitely the answer for Alliances problems

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

what the gently caress bulldog YOU HAD RAVAGE

He wanted to wait until the spider BKB ended but then in the time it took for snowball to resolve there were two more active BKBs so he just never pulled the trigger. Looked like he tried to cast it right after snowball ended and right before he died. I think the game was too far gone at that point but I too also always feel bad when a Tide dies without casting spells.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

See the thing is that all of those support abilities directly affect her as well and also she has huge agi gain (3.3, second only to morph). She's also got the second highest strength gain among agi heros (2.6, Ursa has 2.7 which is kinda silly now that his ult changed).

I've been arguing for like a year+ that she could be viable as a carry but nobody listens :colbert:

It is still a very situational usage though because her ult doesn't help as much when using her that way.

Taffer posted:

There are a couple heroes that have a different primary stat than you might expect. Venge, veno, wisp(str), ogre(int) ursa(agi) etc.

Windranger as int is #1 on this list for me. I still forget all the time.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

See the thing is that all of those support abilities directly affect her as well and also she has huge agi gain (3.3, second only to morph). She's also got the second highest strength gain among agi heros (2.6, Ursa has 2.7 which is kinda silly now that his ult changed).

I've been arguing for like a year+ that she could be viable as a carry but nobody listens :colbert:

It is still a very situational usage though because her ult doesn't help as much when using her that way.

She gets played as a carry occasionally and it's always meh. Not that she can't carry its just there are more than enough way better choices out there

• Locked thread