Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Vitamins posted:

congrats!

i just found out i may have been underpaid for the past 6 months cos im a massive moron, good poo poo

Cheers! I guess (other than lost interest) it's better to be underpaid than overpaid, I have to pay £400 tax I owe because my current employer messed up on some benefits. Good to know the taxman is on the case for avoidance, after all, if they go after someone like me then imagine the good things they must be doing against all the corporations avoiding all those billions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's the one where Paul was carrying a ladder backstage at a panto and then Barry called him so he turned round and accidentally boffed DLT round the head with it while he was up to no good, which allowed the young lady to escape. To add insult to injury Paul turned round to find out what the noise was and then boffed him on the head yet again. Then, tragically, as Barry came running over to find out what all the fuss was about he tripped up and managed to spill a bucket of whitewash all over DLT who yelled "I'll get you for this" and stormed off.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Funny because the tax-man owes me £94 and getting hold of him is impossible.

Brought some clothes on ASOS on Sunday night just found out the order didn't go out because apparently my bank didn't let it even through I had the funds, had used the card a hour before hand and it had worked fine and a direct debit came out that night.

The little gently caress at ASOS would let me reorder it with the 20% discount so I told him I'd call him back, currently on hold with my bank trying to find out what happened and getting more pissed off by the second...gently caress everything.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My understanding is that HMRC is currently bordering on the completely non-functional.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
And I'm sure the hundreds of upcoming redundancies when consolidate numerous offices will solve the problem :)

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

It's time to move to another country that's exactly the same as Britain but better, like Germany

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
hmrc once sent me a check for £260 and then two weeks later sent me a letter saying that they wanted the money back and an extra £120 on top of that

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

more like inland revownedyou

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Got a German friend and she's constantly going on about how the UK is a over-priced shithole.

If anyone cares about my clothes-saga just called my bank an they said asos didn't even try to authorise the payment,just called asos again and had a go at them, Dude just gave me a 10% discount and free next day but I'm still pissed.
I mean I really loving angry over clothes,unreal.
Everyday is a a loving nightmare.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

lenoon posted:

It's time to move to another country that's exactly the same as Britain but better, like Germany

I also had the option of a job out in Iceland (and no not the supermarket), but prefer to stay in the UK for better or worse. If anyone thinks the UK is overpriced, try a few days in Iceland (at least it's definitely not a shithole, mind you).

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

learnincurve posted:

The chuckle brothers are heroes for stopping DLT from raping that poor young lady and anyone who says anything bad about them is a terrible human.

Is that the bit where they said they saw nothing or the bit where they said DLT was a jolly nice chap or the bit where they took a grinning selfie immediately after saying all that in court?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They accidentally broke it up because they are good lads, if they didn't see anything and DLT always acted normally when he wasn't groping young ladies on the sly then it was right for them not to lie in court.

That was kind of the problem with those old perverts, seemed like they were good and cool people in public because that was their jobs but were nasty pieces of shits when no one was looking - no one is going to believe you love I'm on the radio/in children's television/famous

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

corn in the fridge posted:

hmrc once sent me a check for £260 and then two weeks later sent me a letter saying that they wanted the money back and an extra £120 on top of that

I got a £580 tax rebate off them twice one year

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

No I agree if they saw nothing they should have said exactly that.

But how can you be a good lad by accident?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

all my chewits are stuck to the wrappers, i've eaten more paper than sweets :argh:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i believe my creamthieving housemate is watching anime on the toilet

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
two words: poisoned cream

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
I need to go to the shop but it's so windy outside I can't face it.
Also make chilli and drink beers or just go to chinese/chip-shop and no beer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I've not eaten anything today apart from apples. Six or seven apples.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

HMRC still send letters for me to my parent's house despite having phoned them 3 times to tell them I haven't lived there for 3 years.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Bozza posted:

The Big Taff Man is going to stairs Pedricko this coming Saturday. What an event.

It's gonna be a pathetic wet fart excuse of an Internet in joke that nobody is going to get and due to the fact the market is going to be hammered, will make taff seem schizoid.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I'm making that caramel cake Kluliss posted rn in prep for tomorrow. If it doesn't get me some then who the gently caress cares, I'll be fat and happy and full of diabetic goodness.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its been 11 days since ive had anything alcoholic to drink and i can't remember the last time i went this long without having a drink

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol @ bribing people into sex using food

make sure she puts her falsies in

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

probably best she doesn't, all the caramel will gum them up

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Pedricko posted:

It's gonna be a pathetic wet fart excuse of an Internet in joke that nobody is going to get and due to the fact the market is going to be hammered, will make taff seem schizoid.

How long are you in Manchester for? I'm working from Salford a week on Monday.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I have christmas night out with work tomorrow at one of those brazillian meat restaurants. Going to eat so much meat while glaring at everybody because I loving hate most of them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's Rodizio Preto isn't it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Remember that using the red paddle indicates weakness.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

My pack of burgers from the butchers had an extra burger in.

I have eaten it.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

lol @ bribing people into sex using food

make sure she puts her falsies in

It's a joke

:ssh:

who says it's a lady

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The chuckle brothers are ma boys and I saw them at the pantomime once and they sprayed me with their super soakers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fraction posted:

It's a joke

:ssh:

that's... why i lol'd?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

its been 11 days since ive had anything alcoholic to drink and i can't remember the last time i went this long without having a drink
are you dying

ill pray for you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

are you dying

ill pray for you

i thought drinking the days immediately before surgery were a bad idea and i've tried to keep it going since. this weekend i'll either drink or get hosed on the morphine i was given though

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pretty sure I would literally die if I stopped drinking for a week

I just got a case of wine in for christmas and I'm fairly sure it's all gonna be gone by Monday cos I've got a bunch of mates over tomorrow night and then my parents are staying all weekend

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have a healthy relationship with alcohol and do not abuse it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i have a healthy relationship with alcohol and do not abuse it

I don't abuse it either I love it and it loves me, we're very happy together tyvm

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

that's... why i lol'd?

The joke is that my cooking is definitely not good enough to bribe anyone into doing anything tbh :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cooking does take practice but the great thing about it is if you're not just heating stuff up then you'll get better as if by magic, and perhaps one day you will be able to successfully attempt the Sausage Seduction

it's like the dance of the seven veils but with sausages

Quote-Unquote posted:

I don't abuse it either I love it and it loves me, we're very happy together tyvm

is that a black eye beneath your foundation??