Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I just listened to the old clip of Ant pretending to be Tony Danza at the taping of the show and it's still one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Keg posted:

I'm listening to the initial fight, then Ant's show. Was there any followup on the 2nd (or today) from either show worth listening to?
Ant did like 2 hours of bonus time after his show yesterday (December 2) with the Legion of Skanks guys talking about. It was pretty good, since it wasn't just Ant doing a monologue, Big Jay was asking really specific questions about their history/relationship and Ant was being even more candid.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Legion of skanks plus Anthony is always great.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Until Anthony mentioned it on his show, I didn't know Opie grew up in Centerport, or that a handful of people had already bailed on him at WBAB before Anthony came along.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Opie lied, Anthony died

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cromulent posted:

Ant did like 2 hours of bonus time after his show yesterday (December 2) with the Legion of Skanks guys talking about. It was pretty good, since it wasn't just Ant doing a monologue, Big Jay was asking really specific questions about their history/relationship and Ant was being even more candid.

Is this on Youtube somewhere?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Opies really having a rough week. Scott Weiland died.

"STPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Tomahawk posted:

Opies really having a rough week. Scott Weiland died.

"STPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Oh jesus christ why did this thread, of all threads, have to inform me about this :qq:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Let me guess, he told the story again where he was backstage at some festival and witnessed the members of STP banging on Scott's trailer yelling "come out, Axl!"

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vT-1qd0CJg

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I highly doubt that is anything other than Ron being Ron and messing with all the rubes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Beautiful. Even Ron's taking jabs at the Opster.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Beautiful. Even Ron's taking jabs at the Opster.

I'd love to see Opie come at Ron. I really would.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know Opie would awkwardly laugh it off and play it like they're still bros just jabbing at each other after Ron destroys him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was there any fallout from the fight this week on the show? I tried to listen the next day but couldn't take it for more than 15 minutes.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You're not close enough, Gail!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

No one is stupid enough to step to Ron. He all but spit on Fez towards the end and that pussy never even thought to say a word.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Cromulent posted:

was this ever posted anywhere

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Has anyone ever straight up had a debate or actually stepped to Ron?

I only listened to a small amount of Ron and Fez because of the whinyness of Fez but it seems everyone seems to speak of Ron as if he's this mythical mob boss who could destroy people within seconds because.... reasons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Many times in the past and he's always turned poo poo around on them pretty effortlessly. Though sometimes it's just a setup :ssh:

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Chromatic posted:

I only listened to a small amount of Ron and Fez because of the whinyness of Fez but it seems everyone seems to speak of Ron as if he's this mythical mob boss who could destroy people within seconds because.... reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11Z9aWcNSs

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Chromatic posted:

This one STILL makes me really uncomfortable. :ohdear:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If it was, it's down by now. Ant's clips unfortunately don't last long on public sites, he's too on top of that.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
When Ron gets really mad and does that "Don't you eyeball me, look at the floor" thing it gets really douche-chilly and I almost can't take him seriously anymore. He's done it a few times but after the latest he apologized and said he hates when he gets so angry and treats people like that. Fez would never apologize for poo poo like that and i can't think of anyone on O&A that would either.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Say what you will about Zito but he's got a pair. Fez threatened him and he went right at him, Ron tried to alpha him and he didn't take that either.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

JFC posted:

When Ron gets really mad and does that "Don't you eyeball me, look at the floor" thing it gets really douche-chilly and I almost can't take him seriously anymore.

Agreed. It's like, in what loving world would Ron actually try to beat somebody up that doesn't end with him collapsing from heart failure in the first 5 seconds.

He can yell at interns and guys on the lowest rungs. Big whoop.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I think that poo poo used to work back when Bobby Bennington was big poo poo in the neighborhood, or when Ron was a shock jock in Tampa, but now he realizes it just makes him look silly. Ron always seems like the type of guy that had a gang of bigger guys around him to jump in if he got into a fight. He mentioned once that he didn't learn what a "fair fight" was until he was in Canada as a teenager and some of his friends stopped him from jumping in another friend's fight to help beat down the other guy.

JFC fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 6, 2015

alted2
May 3, 2003

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Second video on http://www.ssh101.com/ojtacslibrary/vod

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chromatic posted:

Agreed. It's like, in what loving world would Ron actually try to beat somebody up that doesn't end with him collapsing from heart failure in the first 5 seconds.

He can yell at interns and guys on the lowest rungs. Big whoop.

Very true, but I was speaking about how Ron is able to disarm arguments in a funny manner. Like what he did with Fez at the very end by trying to show him how stupid his thought processes were. Yeah, it didn't work, but Ron is capable when it comes to talking.

Well, formulating an argument. Not actually speaking, that needs work.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I don't much follow the drama on Reddit or the comments on social media, but ever since Anthony pointed out that Opie makes reactionary decisions based on posts from the internet that he "doesn't read," I feel compelled to follow it now. I didn't realize the logo was changed, or that he's now taking in-studio pictures wearing a cap. I wondered why he was hovering his hand around his chin in that newest Harry Hater video until someone pointed out it's so no one can superimpose a cock into it. They wouldn't react this way to Wackbag negative comments. The haters are manipulating HIM!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Is there a list or a post stating the ways that the redditors are affecting him?

livingfruitvirus posted:

I wondered why he was hovering his hand around his chin in that newest Harry Hater video until someone pointed out it's so no one can superimpose a cock into it.

I feel like this is a ploy to make people look up Harry Hater videos but...I'm so compelled to see. :ohdear:

Edit: The haters will :nws: not be quelled so easily :nws:

Morter fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 6, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Harry Hater videos are one of the worst things I've ever been exposed to. God is Opie just awful at everything.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Morter posted:

Is there a list or a post stating the ways that the redditors are affecting him?

I feel like this is a ploy to make people look up Harry Hater videos but...I'm so compelled to see. :ohdear:

Edit: The haters will :nws: not be quelled so easily :nws:

Here's a list of a few things. https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/3vj3uc/things_that_shelly_has_changed_as_a_result_of_the/

I didn't realize that Opie finally did away with Funny Mofos, or that his Periscope has turned into that. Now I'm anxious for his next one.

Apoplexy posted:

Harry Hater videos are one of the worst things I've ever been exposed to. God is Opie just awful at everything.

Not even wearing a hat!

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 7, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
God the Fugitive might be the funniest bit they've ever done. Just over 4 hours of absolutely amazing radio. There's so much there: The discovery of the bit, their horror at finding out it's spread over the entire country, the discussion of the insane contest rules, then the evolution into the Bobo fugitive bit.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

My favorite Fugutive bit was when Sam brought in a random jocktober segment on a non-october day, and everyone was a bit confused, until after like 3 random breaks, someone (I think Opie) was like "Wait a second...If this is the loving fuchsiative...!" and I started howling cracking up.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Sorry about that...the dog just...The dog just walked in front of me

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's that he was walking his dog and it almost got hit by a car. But everyone insists it was that he was afraid of a dog or something.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

I'm pretty sure it's that he was walking his dog and it almost got hit by a car. But everyone insists it was that he was afraid of a dog or something.

It's because Opie jumped to that immediately on the air. I'm 100% certain he was focused on the call, walked into the road and nearly got hit. You can clearly hear tire screeches in the background.

Bobo was seriously radio gold every single time. His list of guys he'd go gay for was amazing due to his insane reasoning for some of them, including wanting to go back in time and gently caress a member of N'Sync in front of some girl who turned him down.

Also his insistence on his first date with a girl consisting of eating huge burgers at a bar and then going back to a lovely motel his uncle owns.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I still laugh every single time I think of him messing up saying Lady Di. LADY MYEHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I loved his Bobocabulary. My favorite was when he talked about Colin's show, Long Shory Stort.

And then there was the time they had him drop his pants to show his tiny weird dick and he was wearing a European banana hammock.

He was the dummy that kept on giving.

• Locked thread