Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
tmm is the chance that I'm actually a vig who got lucky night 1 so beyond reason that you'd rather think I am a scumbuddy-killing godfather?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My final point has to do with tommunist not being around for deadline, but that's not good sportsmanship and hypocritical of me since I'll be sleeping by then.

hey 100yrs this is kind of a serious about-face in your casing since your opening salvos against me and tomm each spent a lengthy amount of time scolding us for being away as a scum maneuver. care to respond?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
While I think there exists a nonzero chance of Ecco being scum, I don't see it as likely nor do I see a reason to need to address it D1. Right now my money is on Kash/Tomm for scum.

Kashuno posted:

Perhaps it is the amount of times Tomm has said it, but eh. Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great. I don't really think his content is strong, but I also don't think it's coming from a fake place. In retrospect, based on the rest of his play, his d1 vote on me makes more sense.

Murmur Twin posted:

[citation needed]

I was being serious, what posts led you to these conclusions? I don't see how you can read over his post history and come to the conclusion that "he's put in effort" or that "it's [not] coming from a fake place" or that his vote on you makes sense.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

While I think there exists a nonzero chance of Ecco being scum, I don't see it as likely nor do I see a reason to need to address it D1.

Mafia edit: D2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

The chic-TMM stuff was pretty obnoxious but its all a matter of ~perception~ i guess.

I feel that going for a 3rd party is dumb day one, it doesn't provide much/any useful info, and its a really easy lynch for scum to pile onto/start.

at the time i wrote this:

Capitalist pig had just voted for JakeP based off his claimed role.

And kashuno had updated his reasoning for his prior (i'm pretty sure he voted for jake before the claim) with this:

I'm going to put down my vote on kashuno for his Jake P, plus the other case on him, would also vote Pig, who seems to be basically lurking, and that seemed to be the tactic he used last time i played scum with him. I'm not going to vote JakeP

##vote Kashuno

would also consider the other people with a vote on jake, but need to re-read them fully.

Tommunist posted:

Re-reading through people/ the thread, but kinda cooling of CPig as scum, not so keen on kashuno, but gonna fully re-read him, havn't read ecco/TTM so gonna have a looksies aat them.

Tommunist posted:

a) gotta let u know doe~~~
b) I'm really not getting scum vibes anymore from kashuno, my case on day one was based on not really thinking JakeP was a good vote, but i'm not really seeing JakeP as a bad vote anymore (as well as the other case on him not being amazing) , still need to re-read some other people so might come back to him but for now not getting the kashuno vibes~~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A changing of opinion, accompanied by other opinions. Words don't necessarily mean effort

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

A changing of opinion, accompanied by other opinions. Words don't necessarily mean effort

First quote summary: scumreads on you + Pig because you voted for Jake, also on you because of "the case on you"
Second quote summary: Pig isn't as scummy, but Kash still might be pending a reread. No read on Ecco/TMM but plans to read them.
Third quote summary: Kash isn't as scummy, "the case on you" isn't good

If I'm missing something please feel free to fill me in but I don't see how those last two quotes made you go from voting him D1 to not being suspicious of him D2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think we might just have to agree to disagree here. I've not really been bothered by tomms d2 content as he has been acting how I feel town tomm acts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh wow I just realized deadline is in 3 hours.

Kashuno posted:

I think we might just have to agree to disagree here. I've not really been bothered by tomms d2 content as he has been acting how I feel town tomm acts.

To be clear, you're referring to the three total posts on D2 he made that contain literally no reads/cases?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tomm is the kind of player who, when he says is going to reread someone, is subtly saying he has reason to suspect them but can't put it into words yet. No cases, yes. No reads, no.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
with deadline in 3 hours, I will be leaving and going immediately to the gym so I probably won't post much between now and roughly 30 minutes before deadline. I'll try to catch some on the train but service sucks on my commute so there's that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

but service sucks on my commute so there's that.

I can think of at least two ways to interpret this, both of which are true.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
3 hours to go and 5 people have even voted today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm heading home and probably destined to be sitting in traffic for at least the next hour but I feel like I've made my opinions known. I should be around before deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I can think of at least two ways to interpret this, both of which are true.

Hoping the trains are in time for the first time this week so I get to the gym on time but well..ya know

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would vote tommunist if pressured but I think people should vote TMM instead

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
we could also twiddle our thumbs while whistling innocently that works too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMM those are some ridiculous ideas. I don't even know where your motivation is coming from there.

EccoRaven posted:

hey 100yrs this is kind of a serious about-face in your casing since your opening salvos against me and tomm each spent a lengthy amount of time scolding us for being away as a scum maneuver. care to respond?

I suppose what gets me is when people miss deadline is how they say it. Personally, it tends to pain me when I miss deadline, which is often due to my sleep schedule, since I feel my vote matters and I want to be able to get the right verdict. Both your posts saying as much just kinda felt indifferent to the whole issue. I interpret(ed) that indifference from stemming from the fact that in the end the D1 vote and result really didn't matter to you as you haven't anything to risk.

That first post came during D1 when there was still a chance for Tommunist to come back. He never did. Some of the conclusions for my D2 case came from the fact that I felt there was scum on the Kash vote, again a perfectly safe vote (assuming Kash is town, which I still ok about), because either tom would nail a survivor, town, or get a no-execution. Ultimately, he had no reason to be worried about deadline at all.

It comes down to that neither of you seemed apologetic enough about not being around and I realize how lovely that sounds, but I make it too personal when my own effort is sometimes exhausting for this dumb game at large.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It comes down to that neither of you seemed apologetic enough about not being around and I realize how lovely that sounds

good, saves me the time of telling you.

I don't like missing deadlines either but I like my real life more :sax: don't sweat the small stuff that's what I always say.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I would vote TMM as stated earlier. Ecco's done a better job and while I still like my case, I do think it's cohesive and coherent, it falls flat considering the lack of a counter claim and the simplicity in the fact that Ecco really most likely killed Keane. His explanations make enough sense to put reasonable doubt in my mind at any rate.

TMM all you can offer in exchange is that you aren't lying about being vanilla town. Like seriously not lying guys. Ecco explained where his suspicion of Keane came from and the rest of his thought processes. You can't case anyone that hasn't cased you. Don't you find that odd?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TMM is precious and I never want to vote him ##vote tommunist

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

good, saves me the time of telling you.

I don't like missing deadlines either but I like my real life more :sax: don't sweat the small stuff that's what I always say.

Yeah no don't worry, I'm well into my seconds of well-deserved humble pie in regards to that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Can't deny the game would be a lot quieter without him around.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my gosh wouldn't pumpkin pie be like so good right now though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

No. I had too much bad fast food for dinner. Maybe tomorrow. Actually yes tomorrow for lunch.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I skimmed through the postcounts earlier and I saw your name and I genuinely thought you had died sometime between the start of the game and day 2.

I even realized I had quoted a post you made today. You've made that little of an impression I forgot a post I made (and I'm ecco I love my posts they are my children).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

oh my gosh wouldn't pumpkin pie be like so good right now though.

This is always true

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looking at the list I think everyone has chipped in today in fact. Some more than others but that's not bad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I would vote TMM as stated earlier. Ecco's done a better job and while I still like my case, I do think it's cohesive and coherent, it falls flat considering the lack of a counter claim and the simplicity in the fact that Ecco really most likely killed Keane. His explanations make enough sense to put reasonable doubt in my mind at any rate.

TMM all you can offer in exchange is that you aren't lying about being vanilla town. Like seriously not lying guys. Ecco explained where his suspicion of Keane came from and the rest of his thought processes. You can't case anyone that hasn't cased you. Don't you find that odd?

I cased Ecco before Ecco cased me.

And I really am amused at the thought that Ecco must be telling the truth because nobody counterclaimed her and it's the simplest explanation, but when it comes to me my claim MUST be a lie because...reasons...I guess. Despite the fact that I claimed completely unprompted and without any pressure, so the simplest explanation is that I'm telling the truth, but apparently the simplest explanation only works for Ecco.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am so happy to go through this exact same rigamarole tomorrow.

##vote tommunist -1. I will happily unvote if more people start showing up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote Tomm

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tommunist (5): 100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude, Murmur Twin, CapitalistPig, 100YrsofAttitude, Opopanax, EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
100YrsofAttitude (1): Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno
EccoRaven (1): TMMadman, 100YrsofAttitude, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, 100YrsofAttitude
TMMadman (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven

Not Voting (4): Asiina, HiipFire, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 04th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 50 minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

lol what. were you trying to quickhammer?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I'm voting for tomm since he's the vote leader and my second choice for scum right now, because I wont be around at deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the explanation of Eccos reasons for killing Keane had to be dragged out of her and she is still being coy about her role.

Do you really want to believe that she is some kind of JOAT with more powers when we've already had a vanilla scum flip?

Since this is ANarcs first game, I am assuming that it's pretty standard and most likely contains a cop, doctor, tracker for town power roles and a godfather and roleblocker for scum power roles. So while a vig isn't out of the question, I think a vig with multiple powers is out of the question.

If I had been in Eccos shoes, my first post of the day would be "I vigged Keane and here are my reasons", not this:

EccoRaven posted:

who wants to take credit for killing Keane?? speak up you're confirmed town probably.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

It's hard to quick hammer when he was already voting for Tomm.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
tmm is so mad I haven't told him my full role yet. :allears:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I got confused and thought I was voting for 100 years, the perks of being in 3 games at once.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm voting for tomm since he's the vote leader and my second choice for scum right now, because I wont be around at deadline.

yes but you were already voting for him, and you made your vote like a second after I made mine and said he was at -1.

it looks like you were trying to quickhammer him but failed, but it's really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

tmm is so mad I haven't told him my full role yet. :allears:

No I'm not because I think you are lying regardless.

• Locked thread