Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

zakharov posted:

Also I love how sad Alex gets when nobody knows anything about Canada. "It's Ottawa, you morons."

He always make sure to inform them of the answer in full if it's related to Canada and corrects everyone's pronunciation of French words. It owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Somewhere, Lisa Simpson is irate at Rob's Daily Double response.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dreylad posted:

He always make sure to inform them of the answer in full if it's related to Canada and corrects everyone's pronunciation of French words. It owns

after listening to him try to pronounce "quinceañera" a few months ago I no longer have any faith in his snotty pronunciations of words in languages I don't speak

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Piper posted:

Somewhere, Lisa Simpson is irate at Rob's Daily Double response.

Everywhere, nerds are irate at 3 wrong answers in a row for the LOTR question.

e: Also, can someone with the show recorded post a screengrab of the Shutterfly clue? I work there and I want to show it around to everyone.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 1, 2015

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Holy poo poo Alex with some sick burns in today's opening

"I'm sorry for implying that I thought yesterday's contestants would do well. It turns out they all sucked."

Got today's Final before Alex was done talking.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't understand how these 200 dollar clues keep becoming final jeopardies.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Looks like I won't get to watch Jeopardy! today.

We get two broadcasts, one on an NBC affiliate at 7, and one at 7:30 on CBS, but both are just running "news" (really just speculation) on this SBDO shooting.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
What was the point of betting 801 there? Goddamnit Joyce

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Looks like I won't get to watch Jeopardy! today.

We get two broadcasts, one on an NBC affiliate at 7, and one at 7:30 on CBS, but both are just running "news" (really just speculation) on this SBDO shooting.

Yup here too. They don't air it at 2am or something when it gets bumped unexpectedly do they?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Where are they getting these clowns? How does the leader have 4200 after DJ?

And why is FJ so easy??

zakharov fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 4, 2015

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Holy poo poo that game was frustrating to watch

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LAKOTA?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

rhymes with dakota, must be the answer

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I feel like tonight's question was trivial if you live in the area or listened to A Prairie Home Companion, and impossible otherwise.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

E: NM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in_cahoots posted:

and impossible otherwise.

nope.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Move over, weird voice lady -- it's the imaginary bullet dodger!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how the gently caress did he get that wrong.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The penguin from the zoo clue was the real winner tonight.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

HookShot posted:

BRANNNNK

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

HookShot posted:

I really like their whole "one take only" thing. That penguin ruled.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Give that penguin the ten thousand dollars

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

haveblue posted:

Give that penguin the ten thousand dollars

Penguin as write-in for 2016 ToC

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

2/2 on Finals this week, killin' it

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Hamilton (The Musical) category tonight and I am so pumped!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I can't think of anything I'd hate more than a musical about Alexander Hamilton.

Also, Alex was wrong tonight for FJ. He said something to the effect that Stuart isn't French, but it totally is, thanks to Mary, Queen of Scots.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I can't think of anything I'd hate more than a musical about Alexander Hamilton.

Apparently, it's really loving good. Been getting tons of attention here in NYC, the President's even been to see it (twice, I think), as has Jacob Lew, the Secretary of the Treasury. The soundtrack was also released for free online, and has been getting great play from tons of people. The Rockefeller Foundation is also setting up a grant so high schoolers are able to go see a matinee of the show for a reduced price.

Also, lol at a Puppygate clue... Man, that was such a shitshow.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Also, Alex was wrong tonight for FJ. He said something to the effect that Stuart isn't French, but it totally is, thanks to Mary, Queen of Scots.

It's apparently extremely good, and I wish I could afford tickets because all of my theater dork friends can't shut up about it.

I had never heard of a King Charles Spaniel.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

It's seriously the best thing ever.

Here's the original cast recording:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1kCHru7uhxBUdzkm4gzRQc

It's sung through completely (like an opera) so the only thing you're missing are the actual stage movements. No dialogue is missing.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 10, 2015

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Yeah, he obviously would have meant that "papillion" is French, since it just means butterfly, but phrased it really awkwardly.

I got that question really easily. I mean there were only like six of them if you count William and Mary as 1 and 4/6 of them were named James or Charles.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what the gently caress agatha christie??

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nothing about the roller coaster that was Friday's game? Katie coming back from the negatives after the Jeopardy round to build an unassailable lead by the end of Double? Plus the guys blowing their meager leads during the same round? The champ all but crashed and burned at the end of Double Jeopardy there... Guess we'll have to see if she holds on next week on Monday's show or if this was just a fluke of a combination of a bad game for the guys and a good one for her, though I hope she doesn't wind up as just another one day champ after that game...

Had no idea about Final, I couldn't come up with anything at all... Guess now I know.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 13, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i work in the city she's from (peabody) and live right next to it and the announcer pronounced it wrong rip

i'm also glad that dude finally got burned for ringing in before he knew the answer that poo poo was bugging me during his run.

GhostStalker posted:

Had no idea about Final, I couldn't come up with anything at all... Guess now I know.

really? i was more shocked they didn't all get it (and 1961 wtf).

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

really? i was more shocked they didn't all get it (and 1961 wtf).

Was distracted and forgot that John was one of the more prominent Pope names, though I really should've known that since John Paul II took his name from his immediate predecessor after his sudden death, and he took his name from the two previous Popes (thank you AP European History, taught by a Catholic New York National Guard Chaplain who also happened to be my Calculus teacher and a Ph.D to boot), one of which was the latest John, the one in question.

Also should've arrived at John Kennedy since he was the only Catholic US president, and we all know when he died.... Dunno why I didn't put it together in time, though I had no idea that the Pope died the same year... Had a brain fart, I guess.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 13, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i actually didn't know it for certain i just knew the only name that would work is john (and the year of three popes in 78). the bad thing is the MA native not getting JFK's death year right.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Oh, and those puns in that category in the Jeopardy round were super painful... Probably why I tried my best to forget them...

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

GhostStalker posted:

Oh, and those puns in that category in the Jeopardy round were super painful... Probably why I tried my best to forget them...

I may or may not have swept that category...

Actually, I take that back. I missed poultry in motion.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I got the names instantly but I thought JFK died in like 67 or 69… :kiddo:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Actually, I take that back. I missed poultry in motion.

that was by far the worst one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Weird game today, I guess. Sam was another one and done, wound up in the red at the end of the Jeopardy round, got out due to a ruling from the judges during the commercial break, and wound up deep in the red again near the end of Double Jeopardy, only to get out of it by the skin of his teeth. Tiombi maanaged a decent performance for a runaway by the end of the game, but so many clues left on the board... So many incorrectly answered clues as well, in both rounds

Another one and done for her, maybe? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't a long string of those in our future...

Final was a piece of cake, I precalled the answer when I saw the category. If it isn't Orwell, then it's likely to be Huxley for Dystopian Authors, especially if they're British...

Also, was it just me, or was Ravi moving his right arm as his hand gripped the podium a lot as he answered clues? He held the buzzer in his left hand, so it wasn't due to him buzzing so hard that his arm moved or whatever. I dunno, I just found it odd enough to notice and comment on...