Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alright then, gonna stick to the SKS since I'm farming on Locker and Metro.

Unrelated but Zavod 311 basically boils down to "I hope you got lucky with battlepacks" and that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

One of the heavier hitting DMRs with FLIR makes any night map a great way to rack up kills and infuriate pubbies.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do service stars sometimes glitch out in Battle Reports? Because in one round on Dawnbreaker it says that I got both a Fast Attack Craft and IFV service star even though those vehicles don't exist on the map. It also says I got an Assault service start even though I clearly didn't even use the assault kit once. I didn't get points for them but its still weird.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/669691212389833984/174512588/a

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Azran posted:

Alright then, gonna stick to the SKS since I'm farming on Locker and Metro.

Unrelated but Zavod 311 basically boils down to "I hope you got lucky with battlepacks" and that sucks.

Do not besmirch Zavod.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do service stars sometimes glitch out in Battle Reports? Because in one round on Dawnbreaker it says that I got both a Fast Attack Craft and IFV service star even though those vehicles don't exist on the map. It also says I got an Assault service start even though I clearly didn't even use the assault kit once. I didn't get points for them but its still weird.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/669691212389833984/174512588/a

They glitch out constantly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Do not besmirch Zavod.

I think he means the night Zavod map basically requiring a IR sight. Though that requires less getting lucky and just getting enough packs on other maps.

Does Zavod At Night have an MAA? :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Night Zavod doesn't have SH or MAA

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
After the first couple days of playing Night Zavod, I dropped the night scopes. As long as I don't go underground after the lights are shot out, I do pretty well. It becomes too much of a crutch.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
You can also be a complete rear end in a top hat who hates fun and crank up your brightness in the option menu for Night Zavod. Everything becomes significantly more noticeable at the cost of some whitening of the image.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.
Posting to the thread because I'm applying to [LLJK] SOMETHING WENT WRONG
BF Name: doink9731

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Doink9731 posted:

Posting to the thread because I'm applying to [LLJK] SOMETHING WENT WRONG
BF Name: doink9731

LLJK is full an has been for ages, try CUMP, 10BX or any of the other platoons

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Battlefield 4: LLJK is full would you like a alternate clan?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

After the first couple days of playing Night Zavod, I dropped the night scopes. As long as I don't go underground after the lights are shot out, I do pretty well. It becomes too much of a crutch.

The few times I've been in a server when its running Zavod After Dark I've gone with an IR scope and a tactical light. I have no idea if it actually helps.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Does Zavod after dark still have the same 6 control points as regular Zavod? Because god drat do I ever not care for maps with an even number of flags.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

it does, and funny thing is that in F that tower with the helipad does not have stairs, so if people want to they can take the TH, plant a beacon in the room at the top and then they have free access to F for the rest of the match

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
How's BF 4 vs BF3? Just got a new computer after a break for a couple of years and haven't played either. My brother is letting me play his copy of 3, so I was wondering if 4 is a huge improvement/downgrade.

James The 1st fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 28, 2015

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It's similar, with lots of logical progressions of systems from that game. It's the better game certainly. Particularly after lots of patches.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
It's so bizarre, I cannot find this thread unless I google search somethingawful battlefield 4 smh

Anywho I see that Premium is $20 and I've been looking for a new multiplayer FPS game so I made the jump, installing now. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

James The 1st posted:

How's BF 4 vs BF3? Just got a new computer after a break for a couple of years and haven't played either. My brother is letting me play his copy of 3, so I was wondering if 4 is a huge improvement/downgrade.

DICE addressed some of the more frustrating aspects of BF3 while keeping most of the game play the same. Some of the more recent patches that were done by DICE LA have changed some of the longer standing mechanics. But the game is still fun.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

EAB posted:

It's so bizarre, I cannot find this thread unless I google search somethingawful battlefield 4 smh

Anywho I see that Premium is $20 and I've been looking for a new multiplayer FPS game so I made the jump, installing now. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Click the star, then click user control panel

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Why are there no 3000 tickets Metro servers in South America, why :negative: Fifth time in a row I'm a ribbon away from the F2000, but people are just completely awful at getting kills. I plink every single enemy I see with an AWS and yet I end up at the top of the scoreboard with the most kills. :negative:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I don't understand how kill-assists are so difficult. There's entire class of weapons unsuited for killing anyone called Sniper Rifles...

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

How are kill assists difficult with any weapon? Like, shoot a guy once and then stop shooting. Let a buddy finish him.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

That's the thing, I set up an AWS with a bipod on a point with really good coverage. Shot every single guy I saw once, but no one would be able to finish him. It was Hardcore as well, so it was extra depressing.

Like, we are talking a team so bad we hold B and A yet we ran out of tickets before the enemy team. I've spent so long trying to get this dumb weapon.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Azran posted:

That's the thing, I set up an AWS with a bipod on a point with really good coverage. Shot every single guy I saw once, but no one would be able to finish him. It was Hardcore as well, so it was extra depressing.

Like, we are talking a team so bad we hold B and A yet we ran out of tickets before the enemy team. I've spent so long trying to get this dumb weapon.

How is this I don't even

Dude. Just go on a 3k ticket server in NA or something.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I am going to try NA servers. The only 3k tickets one in SA is a Op. Locker server, the Metro servers have either 800 or 1200 tickets at most. :psyduck: Worst part is that I'm only missing like 7 weapons at this point.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And of course I get it within 10 minutes of a 64/64 Metro server.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Azran posted:

Why are there no 3000 tickets Metro servers in South America, why :negative: Fifth time in a row I'm a ribbon away from the F2000, but people are just completely awful at getting kills. I plink every single enemy I see with an AWS and yet I end up at the top of the scoreboard with the most kills. :negative:

Use the poison tip arrows. Wide AoE, terrible damage.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Okay, hardest challenges left right now are 1) find a Chainlink server that doesn't quick you because of high ping (I found a German one, luckily) and 2) get the Magnum Gol.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Azran posted:

And of course I get it within 10 minutes of a 64/64 Metro server.

Nice the F200 is a monster in both CQB and mid range depending on your setup. Oh yeah little tip on the GOL, you don't have to be all the way up on the tower, If memory serves the 2nd level up on firestorm stil counts and you can just shoot the camping snipers from below with the CS5 and knock that poo poo out quick. Well or really any silenced bolt actions(CSL-R5 is tied with the JNG-90 for fasted bullet travel time while silenced at 380, but the CS5 have antigrav bullets so they both work well. Small note on the CS5 set the range to 200 and your set sure you could probably walk tere faster and knife them but if you set it to 200 its a head shot machine.

Also I would like to set up a nice brutal goon stomp of the R22R servers one of thee days. They have been admin switching to non-vehicle maps a lot lately and I am pretty sure our shotty game beats theirs.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Kill assist guide:

1) throw lots of flashbangs into badguys
2) throw lots of other grenades into badguys
3) hipfire with frag rounds and shotguns all day.

never aim.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Flashbangs count??? :negative: oh well, after today I am only missing the gold engineer and recon medal guns, and the Deagle 44. Toughest thing will be the marskman ribbons, and mostly because of how time-consuming they are.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Azran posted:

Flashbangs count??? :negative: oh well, after today I am only missing the gold engineer and recon medal guns, and the Deagle 44. Toughest thing will be the marskman ribbons, and mostly because of how time-consuming they are.

Shotguns, incendiary and XM-25 air/dart also do pretty well for getting the assist.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Azran posted:

You got that C100 yet? If not, enjoy the grind :cawg:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm 25 ranks away from it :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I cannot manage to get over the 600 skill rating hump. I keep topping out in the 590s, and thats after a night of 6 MVPs in 8 rounds.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I cannot manage to get over the 600 skill rating hump. I keep topping out in the 590s, and thats after a night of 6 MVPs in 8 rounds.

Skill is worthless.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Hot tips on how to deal with snipers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMX5bzgN594

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sandweed posted:

Skill is worthless.
CORRECTION: it's great for figuring out which low rank players recently stole their stepmom's credit card and bought an ArtificialAim subscription

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I wish EA would discontinue the bullshit free gametime promo they're running. I'm tired of cheaters ruining gameplay for everyone else.

If only there was a way to fingerprint these players computers and permaban them. Oh wait, doesn't Steam do that already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Apparently I got kicked for an impossible HSKR.

I don't even know what that means, but I was doing terribly.

• Locked thread