Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Wait that's it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah so Yakuza 5 date and 0 coming out made me really happy. I'm also slightly more interested in VR. Back to work...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sony finished with Drawn to Death last year, in case them ending with a MOBA is surprising

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Single Unit RTS
Bring back real RTSs drat it :argh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ended on a wet fart

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Oooookay I guess?

Commissar Ken posted:

Well that was abrupt as gently caress.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A su-per underwhelming keynote!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Everything good in the first 15 minutes, none of which was new. Christ.

Ni No Kuni could be good.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hahahaha, a MOBA

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
lol that crash bandicoot t-shirt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

error1 posted:

That was the perfect awkward silence after Epic ruined their brand

Liked the one guy clapping at "early access 2016"

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
What a turd to end the show on but I guess they need to get their e-sports bucks somewhere?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You should have ended with the Remake gameplay Sony.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They didn't even mention PS2 games

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Robot golf looks neat at least?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I kinda want a good MOBA that I can play on a couch with a controller

Monday Night Combat came out like 6 years ago.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Also quite a lot of Japanese stuff and no Persona 5 in sight.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
22 presentations if we bundle indies and PSVR together, and I cared about eight presentations.

Ace 7, Yak 0 and Rez Infinity filled my hungry game announcement belly.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

All I got from this is that the PS3 and Vita are both dead and gone in Sony's eyes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Steve2911 posted:

Persona 5 in sight.

Summer 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No PS4 Demon's Souls, no Persona 5.

Welp. Don't know why I was expecting anything good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stare-Out posted:

All I got from this is that the PS3 and Vita are both dead and gone in Sony's eyes.

You can get Bastion on it now!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I would've rather they ended on Ni no Kuni 2 than a Moba that will probably go the way of Fortnight.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Harrow posted:

No PS4 Demon's Souls, no Persona 5.

Welp. Don't know why I was expecting anything good.

atlus PR said that persona 5 wouldn't be shown

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stare-Out posted:

Why the gently caress would the PS3 not be dead? It's a decade old.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Check PS stores in ten minutes, I heard 20:00 GMT for when the PS2 classics (which went unmentioned :wtf:) get up

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Also quite a lot of Japanese stuff and no Persona 5 in sight.
It got delayed two days ago so it's not surprising they didn't have anything new to show.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Well, they gave Vita more shout outs than the PS3 so anyway

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not sure if they showed it but Paragon gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc

Looks better than I expected.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can get Bastion on it now!
I played it in Google Chrome already for goodness sakes.

Steve2911 posted:

Why the gently caress would the PS3 not be dead? It's a decade old.
Oh that's right, after 10 years the millions of PS3's in the world just evaporate. Whoa where did mine go?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Uprezed and framerate doubled PS2 classics look amazing, I would much rather have heard about that than destiny pod racing and that epic moba i already forgot the name of

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stare-Out posted:

Oh that's right, after 10 years the millions of PS3's in the world just evaporate. Whoa where did mine go?
They're probably not gonna put the new Star Wars on VHS. Sorry.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

error1 posted:

Uprezed and framerate doubled PS2 classics look amazing, I would much rather have heard about that than destiny pod racing and that epic moba i already forgot the name of
F a i l u r e: An Epic MOBA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Steve2911 posted:

Not sure if they showed it but Paragon gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gw9fJGKvcc

At some point doesn't that "MOBA" just become a specialized shooter multiplayer mode

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Is this the first time you've seen a new console generation happen or something?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

al-azad posted:

Well, they gave Vita more shout outs than the PS3 so anyway
My flabbers are gasted by that but everything about games for the Vita was an asterisk after "available on the PS4" for 16-bit indie games.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
They were probably planning to end the show on PS2 classics but then it got leaked early so they just cut it out and then... didn't bother replacing it with anything???

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
That was really underwhelming compared to last year's show. Ace Combat 7 is the only totally new game announcement that interested me. I figured we would get Yakuza 0, and we already knew about the FFVII Remake and Ni-oh.

Talk about a wet fart ending on Epic's MOBA. All I could think about is all the graphical talent wasted.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah it doesn't look bad at all.

Between Overwatch and this, Gearbox should just cancel their thing already, whatever it was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope samurai dark souls is good + wish it actually literally was samurai dark souls being developed by From Software

• Locked thread