Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Augus posted:

Where the gently caress is Android 18 though?

Isn't she at home watching Marron, and thinking about how cool Krillin is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She was at his police booth in the Super version but she's still not useful.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Then the characters that aren't Goku aren't being properly explored.

I am literally shaking with anger over this!
Okay actually I'm shaking because of nervous energy from caffeine but I'm literally shaking while being angry over this!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

Where the gently caress is Android 18 though?

Sniffing Krillin's hair, because it causes Androids to malfunction.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

In It For The Tank posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

How are they getting to 24 anyways without counting GT?

15 DBZ movies
4 DB movies
2 Bardock specials
Trunks special
Yo, Son Goku!
Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyans

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In unrelated news, DBM appears to be gearing up to give us Mystic Raditz, and I kind of want this more than I've ever wanted anything in Dragon Ball.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Silver95280 posted:

15 DBZ movies
4 DB movies
2 Bardock specials
Trunks special
Yo, Son Goku!

Um...I think you might want to double check your math there, buddy.

In It For The Tank posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

Can't speak for the other DB movies but besides some really weird changes from the canon, Mystical Adventure is an awesome movie.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Silver95280 posted:

15 DBZ movies
4 DB movies
2 Bardock specials
Trunks special
Yo, Son Goku!

It's:
DB Movie 1-4
DBZ Movie 1-13
Bardock Special
Trunks Special
Yo, Son Goku!
Episode of Bardock
Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
Battle of Gods
Resurrection F

e: huh, I read your "15 DBZ movies" as "13" and realized I just listed the exact same number as you did. My mistake. You're right.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 6, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Augus posted:

69 pages in, people are still surprised by this

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Silver95280 posted:

15 DBZ movies
4 DB movies
2 Bardock specials
Trunks special
Yo, Son Goku!

That equals 24. :ssh:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Namtab posted:

69 pages in, people are still surprised by this

i know to expect it by now but it still sucks

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spiritus Nox posted:

In unrelated news, DBM appears to be gearing up to give us Mystic Raditz, and I kind of want this more than I've ever wanted anything in Dragon Ball.

Extreme Butoden technically gave us Mystic Raditz, Nappa, Freeza, Cell, Buu, and a bunch of movie and GT characters. But since most of them aren't playable it might not matter.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Augus posted:

I am literally shaking with anger over this!
Okay actually I'm shaking because of nervous energy from caffeine but I'm literally shaking while being angry over this!

Goku is off in dimension X and tons of not-gokus have been getting screentime, the major forces in this fight have been Gohan and Piccolo :confused:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
We all complained about the Super version of BoGs not being as good as the movie, but can we agree: Super RoF is better because Ginyu?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well not until he gets a ginyu force.

Super RoF is better anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

We all complained about the Super version of BoGs not being as good as the movie, but can we agree: Super RoF is better because Ginyu?

Ginyu owns even though it's not his original body but the deciding factor for me will certainly be if Vegeta vs Gold Frieza goes on for a fair amount longer than in the movie.
I know that the padding in BoG Super sucked a lot of life out for the most part but Vegeta only getting a 40 second or so stretch at the end of RoF sucked.

Super seems to be making it feel like Vegeta is actually stronger than Goku right now though, which is nice.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Augus posted:

Can't speak for the other DB movies but besides some really weird changes from the canon, Mystical Adventure is an awesome movie.

First one is kind of bland but I liked Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle too, it's basically Goku and co. beat a Dragon Quest dungeon.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ginyu owns even though it's not his original body but the deciding factor for me will certainly be if Vegeta vs Gold Frieza goes on for a fair amount longer than in the movie.
I know that the padding in BoG Super sucked a lot of life out for the most part but Vegeta only getting a 40 second or so stretch at the end of RoF sucked.

Super seems to be making it feel like Vegeta is actually stronger than Goku right now though, which is nice.

'Original body'? We have no idea what Ginyu first looks like, he had to perfect the body change technique, so the one he first appears as could have been his fifth body for all we know.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What did they do that gave you that impression? I must have missed it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I meant how he appears first of all in the series because that's the iconic Ginyu.

Vegeta comes across as stronger a couple of times. They have him doing better with the weight training, he gets the hang of things a little quicker, much like the thing in the latest episode with the new hyperbolic time chamber.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If Vegeta actually became stronger he wouldn't be all KAKAROT any more.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Or all the times Goku says he's a little stronger.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Goku's like a foot taller, of course he's stronger.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

If Vegeta actually became stronger he wouldn't be all KAKAROT any more.

Sure he would, if he's not clearly dominant, he isn't "winning" in his mind. Plus he's seen Goku's uncanny ability to leap drastically ahead of him at least a dozen times at this point. This was his one opportunity to get an edge and that bumbling idiot Kakarot had to show up and ruin his fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lets all remember what's important this holiday season.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
sik meme

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Super RoF is better just because the story actually benefits a lot from the extra breathing room, Ginyu aside. Ginyu is just icing on the cake.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it feels even more like a filler arc than it did in the movie now.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well more stuff is actually happening now rather than the same amount of stuff just slower.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
wrath of the dragon: pretty dang good. hirudegarn was somehow more entertaining than broly. tapion was ok. gohan was useless. trunks was cool. vegeta was amazing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Farecoal posted:

wrath of the dragon: pretty dang good. hirudegarn was somehow more entertaining than broly. tapion was ok. gohan was useless. trunks was cool. vegeta was amazing

Wrath of the Dragon rules, but Fusion Reborn is the best of the old 13.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

projecthalaxy posted:

Wrath of the Dragon rules, but Fusion Reborn is the best of the old 13.

I didn't like Fusion Reborn all that much, for some reason.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

it feels even more like a filler arc than it did in the movie now.

how

they took a bit that was basically just a long action sequence in the movie and, instead of just padding it out with "HUUUUUURRRGHHHHHH" "OH NO HIS POWER LEVEL IS INCREASING", they're actually giving the not-Gokus neat character moments and bringing back Ginyu and making the action itself more interesting. this feels like a legit DB arc, not a filler arc, and one of the particularly good ones like King Piccolo or Cell.

e: also how do you not like fusion reborn, gotenks beats up hitler

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

gotenks headbutted a man in the balls and Frieza complained about saiyan procreation. And ginyu beat everyones rear end

dragon ball super is very good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I am excited for Gohan to not go SSJ2 because Piccolo died the same way he did against Nappa and Vegeta

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Seems like a missed opportunity that Multiverse didn't include a Gohan that never stopped training post Cell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bushmaori posted:

Seems like a missed opportunity that Multiverse didn't include a Gohan that never stopped training post Cell.

Heroes does, though! It's the explanation for the existence of Super Saiyan 3 Gohan, he's a Gohan that kept training with Piccolo after the Cell Games. It had good results!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Surely mystic gohan is still stronger?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Considering no one has ever won a battle in either form there's not alot of practical data to draw from :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sharktamer posted:

Surely mystic gohan is still stronger?

No, this Gohan is not a gently caress-up.

• Locked thread