Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Real talk though I don't want to just confirmation bias my way into a lynch. BK come back and engage I want to see if this is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So we learn asiina has bias, things are getting interesting

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Who's Asiina racist against? Question of the day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I learned in a D&D game long ago that I am racist against lizard people.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
man I wanna play some D&D

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I could play some irl D&D I'd probably quit mafia forever

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then go play some dnd

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm at work

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alright we can play it here, you want to be dungeon or dragon?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
can I be a dungeon made of dragons

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its called dungeons and dragons not dungeon dragons

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What if you had a dragon made of dungeons going to a dungeon made of dragons?

Then it'd be dungeon dragons and dragon dungeons

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Makes you think

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't cheat at dice rolls its stickied for a reason

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
There are other nonsense cases (thanks for admitting your case on me was nonsense?) but they don't feel like handwaving, Asiina. Your case reeks of not wanting to play the game. Cpig was doing it too but he does that in every game, at least early on. You only do no-effort cases when you're scum, at least in my experience.

Also I disappeared because I was taking a final, jeeze!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Real talk, lets do a Skype D&D campaign, I'm being serious.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright, I'll clear bottleknight if you guys don't believe me. Me and him are im a confirmed masonry

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I won't take your pity, imgay. We are not in a confirmed masonry. We are irl ninja turtles though.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd play dnd with you bk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wrong!

Everyone gets my meta wrong which is annoying because it's the easiest meta in the community and I think people who get it wrong may be scum trying to make easy but ultimately disingenuous cases.

When I am scum I don't post. It's not that I low effort post or my cases are bad or any of that nonsense, I just don't post.

If I'm not posting ever under any circumstances and am a threat to be modkilled, then I'm almost definitely scum.

If I'm town I don't feel the nervous pressure of being over interpreted, so I freely shitpost like I am doing now.

Like if you're going to bring meta into this as to why I'm a scumbo, at least get the meta right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also there is a site called roll20 which is good and cool for playing D&D and other various games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And I am always down for some D&D playing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But honestly I think most D&D should be a one-and-done kinda thing because multi-session campaigns seem to never, ever work. Better to say let's sit here on a sunday for 4-5 hours and do a quick adventure thing that is over with by the end and maybe we all die at the end who knows.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also also let's play something that's not D&D cause short D&D sessions are bad and D&D 5e is especially bad if you can't get your dude leveled up a bunch.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello I'm a lvl 3 druid and I want to date your dog

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't agree about your meta, and I still think your case on me is way more 'opportunistic.'

Btw more people itt should probably chime in on the fact that both of my cases this game (Kash and Asiina) are being seen as surface level scumcases. Like even if I get lunched today that's still a net gain for town compared to a nolunch. We need to get talking.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Also also let's play something that's not D&D cause short D&D sessions are bad and D&D 5e is especially bad if you can't get your dude leveled up a bunch.

My requirements are

-only 4-5 players
-5th edition
-regular sessions with the same people

Otherwise it sucks IMO

I don't want everyone to make full characters for one evening of play.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's my meta and I know it better than you because I know why I do it.

This is me in every game where I'm scum:

"Oh hey, I'm in this game, I guess I'll read. Heh, that's kinda funny I should say something in response, okay let me write this post. Ugh, that is going to make me sound scummy, hang on let me rewrite it. Wait, now it looks super fake, try again. Still looks fake. Eh, nevermind" *closes tab*

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but Asiina, what if your using reverse meta psycology

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You're doing enough work to make me believe you.

##unvote

There's not enough stuff here to really make another case though~~~

:justpost:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

I've always wanted to. Move here and we can start a group. Also then Canadians won't dislike you so much anymore

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
following the vote of my confirmed friend bk ##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

My requirements are

-only 4-5 players
-5th edition
-regular sessions with the same people

Otherwise it sucks IMO

I don't want everyone to make full characters for one evening of play.

Long campaigns never work out. People make characters and we play once and then okay cool let's do this again sometime soon, and it's never played again.

Plus early levels of 5e suck rear end.

Better to play a game where you can bang out a character super easily and then just hit the ground running. Also then it's okay if someone dies because it was a one-off character anyway, which makes the story more dynamic and interesting.

My characters are usually more I have an idea for a person and then build around that then try to min-max some bullshit with abilities.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Real talk, lets do a Skype D&D campaign, I'm being serious.

I AM SO DOWN.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think that evening I spent playing Dungeon World DM'd by Byers was the best pen and paper RPG experience I've ever had.

It was fluid and there was no bullshit rules and it was just collaborative storytelling where everything can and does go wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I've always wanted to. Move here and we can start a group. Also then Canadians won't dislike you so much anymore

Canada isn't far but it's very large and idk what part of Canada you are

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ernie. posted:

no, shoot birdstrike

Do it Keane, it is destiny.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
kids these days dont understand that dnd isnt about 'leveling up' but about telling a story with your friends. if you want to play for an hour and level up five times and get a cool armor then just play wow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

totino boy posted:

kids these days dont understand that dnd isnt about 'leveling up' but about telling a story with your friends. if you want to play for an hour and level up five times and get a cool armor then just play wow.

I don't know if this is for or against what I was saying, but this has been the problem with my experience with D&D, especially 5e. It just feels too restrictive for me to do what I want to do.

I played a session with some friends and it was fun for a while, but we got to combat and I felt like I could only do one thing, it hit or it didn't, and that was the end of it, next person's turn.

When I was playing Dungeon World every bit of combat changed the situation. People moved around and had different goals and their moves affected what the room we were in looked like for the next person more than "I moved 5 squares closer to bad guy C"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
combat is worst part of dnd. always takes forever

• Locked thread