Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Mash posted:

Service announcement: AP Malphite mid is even more ridiculous with FQC rush now being viable.

Dorans + 2 pots -> Fiendish Codex + maybe another Dorans -> FCQ and Sorc shoes -> Ludens -> Deathcap -> whatever

Flash/Ignite

You can take anyone not building full tank from 80% to dead at any point from when you hit 6. Generally I land 1 Q in lane and if they don't immediately pot it, I all-in 5 seconds later as it's coming off cooldown. Once you have FQC, Sorcs and Ludens you can 100-0 anyone who doesn't have a completed giant's belt item or a spectre's cowl item.
What Keystone? I assume Thunderlord's?

henkman posted:

Trundle is a piece of poo poo so that's cool

Gibberish posted:

Counter-counterpoint: gently caress you and gently caress Trundle
Trundle rules, other toplaners drool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trundle is literally the only top I enjoy playing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anivia nerfs? wtf

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Killed By Death posted:

What Keystone? I assume Thunderlord's?

I was doing Deathfire for Q poking but Thunderlord's is probably better to be quite honest, it's all about the 100-0 anyway

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Mash posted:

Service announcement: AP Malphite mid is even more ridiculous with FQC rush now being viable.

Dorans + 2 pots -> Fiendish Codex + maybe another Dorans -> FCQ and Sorc shoes -> Ludens -> Deathcap -> whatever

Flash/Ignite

You can take anyone not building full tank from 80% to dead at any point from when you hit 6. Generally I land 1 Q in lane and if they don't immediately pot it, I all-in 5 seconds later as it's coming off cooldown. Once you have FQC, Sorcs and Ludens you can 100-0 anyone who doesn't have a completed giant's belt item or a spectre's cowl item.
I made someone rage quit this morning doing it, it was beautiful. What do you do against an AP Malphite that gets so fed you literally just die from a screen away just for showing up to lane.

Added bonuses: It's easier to hit slowed targets and they'll follow Fog of War for you.

You should try AP Zac, mash. It's really similar but it's like having your R on a 10 second cooldown.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

Honestly, if there's anything they should buff, it's Windraider's. Does anyone use it? The sort of characters who'd benefit most from it (assassins) generally already have built-in escape mechanisms that are a lot more useful than a 30% speed boost, and poo poo like Thunderlord's is always useful, regardless of the target you happen to be attacking.

Nasus

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
edit: what, double post

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna see that new Tryn skin.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Vermain posted:

Honestly, if there's anything they should buff, it's Windraider's. Does anyone use it? The sort of characters who'd benefit most from it (assassins) generally already have built-in escape mechanisms that are a lot more useful than a 30% speed boost, and poo poo like Thunderlord's is always useful, regardless of the target you happen to be attacking.

Jungle Kench, Jungle Malph, anyone with good combos without immediate disengage are very good with it with the side benefit of getting an extra little bit of cooldown to make lives miserable.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Vermain posted:

Rengar could definitely make use of it and doesn't usually need the extra burst but Thunderlord's is still probably better to snowball with.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Vermain posted:

I'm assuming they've got fairly indepth internal stats on it that were showing it not being used very much, or being used by a very select group of champions, so they're trying to broaden its usefulness somewhat.

Hilariously enough the not reworked Poppy uses it as her most winningest mastery which makes a hell of a lot of sense but soon...

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
They're buffing Thunderlords to signal ADCs and some supports so they stop automatically losing the early game by taking Warlord's Bloodlust or Fervor or some other useless keystone instead.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Let's buff the strong mastery so more people take it. People who were taking the weak choices were losing too often.

- diversity 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Only when literally everyone is taking the mastery can they properly tune it because, uh, levers and data.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
How loving dumb is Riot like what the hell. I'm never putting any points in ferocity now that they nerfed it into complete hot loving garbage.

The only keystone I would ever take was Fervor for ADCs because it made your trading and all in really good while CSing in lane but now you can't build it on creep waves so it is now complete trash.

At least all the scaling tank poo poo got nerfed along with significant mundo nerfs so maybe we won't have to 100% ban him any more.

Now it's a choice between Thunderlord for carries, Windspeaker for healing/shielding caster supports, or a tank keystone if you are a tank.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kindred with Shiv+RFCannon+Thunderlords is a comically large amount of burst.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Kindred with Shiv+RFCannon+Thunderlords is a comically large amount of burst.

Looking forward to trying the same on vayne when I get home.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
By the way taking attack damage and attack speed rooms and then going center hope Titanic Hydro said you want is still hilariously strong especially in the current meta-.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

NTT posted:

By the way taking attack damage and attack speed rooms and then going center hope Titanic Hydro said you want is still hilariously strong especially in the current meta-.

I don't understand this post

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

NTT posted:

siri record shitpost

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

DolphinCop posted:

siri record shitpost

holy poo poo

i think i might have a new thread title

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

DolphinCop posted:

siri record shitpost

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

:downsbravo:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I love Siri

it brings my shitposting to an entire new level

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

by the way taking attack damage and attack speed runes and then going cinderhulk tytanic hydra sejuani

did i crack the code

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Endorph posted:

did i crack the code

I think you did!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Can we have a dedicated "Voice-to-text" day in this thread?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can we have a dedicated "Voice-to-text" day in this thread?

This would be a really fun gimmick

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

Looking forward to trying the same on vayne when I get home.

It works well with Silver Bolts/Kindred's E because you just poo poo out so much damage in about 2 seconds. If you have any teammate near you to throw down a single ability or CC they're usually hosed.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Endorph posted:

did i crack the code

goddammit you suck

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

It works well with Silver Bolts/Kindred's E because you just poo poo out so much damage in about 2 seconds. If you have any teammate near you to throw down a single ability or CC they're usually hosed.

Every time I play vayne my friend picks Nami. :getin: I don't know why people are saying shiv+rfc is dead. I just started building the rfc first instead.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Servaetes posted:

Hilariously enough the not reworked Poppy uses it as her most winningest mastery which makes a hell of a lot of sense but soon...

It's actually really solid on Shaco, you basically always proc it against squishies. That said, I still take Thunderlords because more burst is always good, but I think either is legit.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Every time I play vayne my friend picks Nami. :getin: I don't know why people are saying shiv+rfc is dead. I just started building the rfc first instead.

Because it's being nerfed in the next patch...?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How do you make attack move prioritise the champion next to you and not the loving minion at max attack range??

E: The thing in option is bugged. Attack move doesn;t work like the options say it should.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 9, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

How do you make attack move prioritise the champion next to you and not the loving minion at max attack range??

Regular attack move will always prioritize the enemy closest to you, while attack move cursor will attack the target closest to your cursor when it's activated. You probably have the latter turned on and are clicking past the champion, so it will target the minion instead.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Vermain posted:

Regular attack move will always prioritize the enemy closest to you, while attack move cursor will attack the target closest to your cursor when it's activated. You probably have the latter turned on and are clicking past the champion, so it will target the minion instead.

No I click it behind me and instead of attacking the champion following me, it ignores it and attacks the minion past the champ.

E: I was playing Kalista in a custom and it straight up will prioritise minions over everything.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 9, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Because it's being nerfed in the next patch...?

It's being nerfed by 200 total gold for two items. That's it. Whoop-de-loving-doo.

Servaetes posted:

holy poo poo

i think i might have a new thread title

Please

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

:getin: .

Also Riot, Bard already does like half of the ADC's health with AA-Q-AA at level 1, that's not early game struggles.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The Shortest Path posted:

It's being nerfed by 200 total gold for two items. That's it. Whoop-de-loving-doo.

Please

Uhh, only one item procs next patch. They won't stack anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Rygar201 posted:

Uhh, only one item procs next patch. They won't stack anymore.

I mean, I guess you could still take it and just have two separate bursts? That isn't a big deal on high attack speed champs.

Unless it flat out just doesn't give you the two.

Mottie posted:

Also Riot, Bard already does like half of the ADC's health with AA-Q-AA at level 1, that's not early game struggles.

pretty much every support with a stun can pull this off, though

• Locked thread