Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

BMan posted:

Derek Smart: game developer, internet warlord, master of disguise.

Yeah, they've sailed right on past bogey man and straight into alien theories now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So I tweeted this private link last week for the XB1 trailer of LOD Tactics that's releasing this Fri. And sure enough, a bunch of retards have been down-voting it. And they wonder why we're at war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7LzdFlkZc

So, if you guys like it, please go beat them at their own game. Thanks

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

No. Star Citizen is a horrid design for a "game" and I have yet to find any redeeming "gameplay" qualities in it. But the graphics are nice. Glitches and all.

I tend to innovate in some shape or form with my games. So if something isn't interesting or worth admiring, I have no interest in it.

Over time you've mentioned some stuff your games include but I don't think we ever had any sort of feature list. What sort of cool/innovative/unique stuff did your games include that you were either the only one or the first one to have made?

It can be both gameplay and cool programming solutions.

PS: poo poo THAT WORKED. Not just an intended feature but stuff that actually worked and was not horribly bugged.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 9, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I somehow missed this back when it aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODsBTshnJc

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Lol, did you disable the video comments because they were hate-filled vitriol?

If so, please provide screen caps for us to laugh at.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I was wondering if their responsibilities have changed with the alteration in their nomenclature. Such as the S42 bit offering people the chance to 'pre order' rather than pledge and so on. While I imagine on some level that all roots back to the TOS it seems like that can't be the case across regions that have more robust consumer protection laws. If you're offering to sell people a pre-order that can't be expected to be treated in the same fashion as a crapshoot pledge.

I am curious about how CIG would vanish. If Chris Roberts could just walk out the door one last time knowing that they're approaching the red and decide that he doesn't want to try to push forward while going into negative numbers that he would be accountable for, if they'll just slow down the train and let the lights flicker out one by one as the funding keeps trickling into a project that has long since ceased to have a chance of succeeding with all remaining effort going into packaging things up to find someone to buy out the company in exchange for a final golden handshake and retirement to mocap production.

D_Smart posted:

Enable comments and I'm sure the beating will commence.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I don't think Sandi would approve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vyxjo/star_citizen_poster/

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301585/star-citizen-poster

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Lol at those Vanduul ships. Just how are they meant to fly straight?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
You know with thermonuclear missiles and faster-than-light travel it's not really plausible that there would be any sort of prolonged conflict in space.

Also it's pretty non-immersive that you'd have a spaceship with no anti-theft features whatsoever. A 5 year old has more security with the lock on her diary than a Shitizen has on their UberChariot.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
when they start enforcing pirate and bushido code that wont be a concern

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

D_Smart posted:

So I tweeted this private link last week for the XB1 trailer of LOD Tactics that's releasing this Fri. And sure enough, a bunch of retards have been down-voting it. And they wonder why we're at war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7LzdFlkZc

its ok derek ill buy it

Toysrme
Nov 22, 2015
How Star Citizen treats one of it's top-10 ranked players, addressing the masses of PvE carebear complaining about them killing one person in this video:

video in question (TLDR, the #1 pilot skill group in Star Citizen got together, found a multi-crew ship and chased it around until they killed him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNCgX2FYnM

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Has Karl hosed himself yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Toysrme posted:

How Star Citizen treats one of it's top-10 ranked players, addressing the masses of PvE carebear complaining about them killing one person in this video:

video in question (TLDR, the #1 pilot skill group in Star Citizen got together, found a multi-crew ship and chased it around until they killed him)

Wow that guy must clearly have a history of infractions and have already been warned, hit by a 24 hour ban, hit by a 7 day ban, hit by a 30 day ban, and then finally ignored ALL of those warnings and done something else in violation of the forum rules!

Oh wait, he got warned that his next infraction could be a permaban. Yeah that's exactly what the rules say. At least he knows which moderator is loving with him; I didn't even get that courtesy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL gently caress YOU CLOUD.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Toysrme posted:

So who's going to post this to the SC sub-reddit?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BMan posted:

Lol at those Vanduul ships. Just how are they meant to fly straight?

The vanduul ships are absolutely ridiculous and put the lie to CIGs claims of any sort of fidelity in ship design. For the love of god look at that center of gravity, why the gently caress would you cripple your ship like that to put a wing :psyduck: / blade :psyboom: on it?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Toysrme posted:

I'm shouting "good effect on target" over and over for no reason.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Toysrme posted:

Lol this is literally the first thing I've seen that made their dumb game look any fun and they banned the dude on the forums?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Poor Sandi. No one even noticed that she isn't on the poster.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mirificus posted:

Sure she is, 2nd billing, after Wingman.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mirificus posted:

she is but its really tiny :(

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Toysrme posted:

lol there is no way one of these barges can stand against several ships working together, not even if you put a few turrets to it.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

she is but its really tiny :(

And after Peterson. Wasn't the rumor that Sandi had him fired?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Has Karl hosed himself yet?

2 weeks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

lol there is no way one of these barges can stand against several ships working together, not even if you put a few turrets to it.

that ttk was so long lmao

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

The devs just dropped into the Alpha 2.0 chat to hype up a patch they may or may not release tonight. Patch would fix random physics grids with gravity that were spawning out in open space. Supposed to be "alot" more stable, better FPS, and they said they had fixed one of the worst offenders for crashes.

:allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

The devs just dropped into the Alpha 2.0 chat to hype up a patch they may or may not release tonight. Patch would fix random physics grids with gravity that were spawning out in open space. Supposed to be "alot" more stable, better FPS, and they said they had fixed one of the worst offenders for crashes.

Seraph got neutered?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

And it's all thanks to Derek Smart.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:CIG suddenly stops posting media, servers go dead, Ortwin and Roberts last scene en route to pacific islands:

Everything is normal, everything is cool when you part of a cult
Everything is delayed, but who cares for results

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sure she is, 2nd billing, after Wingman.
I missed that :ohdear:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

So immersive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3w0k9a/game_froze_and_i_had_a_close_encounter_with_my/

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
They put that much detail in the loving missiles?

edit: the comments are gross :(

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 9, 2015

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

In one of the videos with the Cutlass, RSI/CIG made the individual models of the spent shell casings instead of using a particle effect or something.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

That's what's been clear to everyone who has a brain from the beginning. You've got big guns, but you can't really attack more than one target at a time.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Looks like they were too lazy to do LOD states with it that they just used the actual full res model. Now imagine if you had 20 types of missiles, all having varying models and textures. Its gonna be so good that your 980ti can't handle it.

Next gen gaming ftw.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

No wonder this stupid game will never exist.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The game doesn't need to be fun or even stable as long as it is super detailed!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

no_recall posted:

Looks like they were too lazy to do LOD states with it that they just used the actual full res model. Now imagine if you had 20 types of missiles, all having varying models and textures. Its gonna be so good that your 980ti can't handle it.

Next gen gaming ftw.

Oh come one!

By the time this game comes out the 980ti will be a relic and we'll have 16gb graphics cards.

Chris Roberts is planning for the future, and the fact that you don't understand that is a clear display that you're a goon and a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:prepop:

• Locked thread