Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

CeeJee posted:

So Dongmin was called Jangtler in university, I thought he was such a humble kid from the countryside.

I don't remember him ever claiming to be humble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen any of you posting in the TVIV poll. C'mon people.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

xcore posted:

I haven't seen any of you posting in the TVIV poll. C'mon people.

Don't worry, The Genius is going to be on my list. Finally.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Did my bit. Even threw some Crime Scene love in there.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I just got all caught up with The Genius -- big thanks to the Survivor thread for cluing me in to this one! -- and I'm already missing it. I've never watched a show that kept me so engaged even when I was confused about what was going on (some of those Main Matches were too complex for my simple mind). I was rooting for certain people to win but I think the best possible players won each season.

Next up for me: Crime Scene! Can't wait!

Also, in case anyone needs it for their Genius music playlist, the song from the beginning of the amazing S4E10 BTS video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvH2CxHFvoI) is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I love that Dongmin even won the random games they made up themselves.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Oh yeah, does anyone know what song plays at 34 minutes into this video (S4E10 part 2)? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3499i8

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa42AW__3F0

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Yes! Thank you! :neckbeard:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

This tweet is OMG: https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/674849954691584000

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

What the heeeell :derp:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Image isn't loading for me - what is it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tunicate posted:

Image isn't loading for me - what is it?

It appears to be Sangmin pulling some bandages from his face!

Also Jinho interviewing some beefy dude.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

It appears to be Sangmin pulling some bandages from his face!

:monocle:

Cleared my cache and it's now loading fine.

But, is it possible that you have the order reversed?

Sangmin donning the mask, and becoming the new bandage man... wait, didn't he dress up as Bandage Man before?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Please mean Season 5 hosted by Sangmin. Please please please. The show just won a big award and is super popular right? They CAN'T cancel it. They just can't :colbert:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Shakugan posted:

Please mean Season 5 hosted by Sangmin. Please please please. The show just won a big award and is super popular right? They CAN'T cancel it. They just can't :colbert:

This would be the greatest thing to ever exist

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Two hosts. One gives normal rules for a game.

Sangmin adds an extra reward for what would otherwise be pointless backstabbing.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Apparently it's another Bangshipop thing. Ughh.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shakugan posted:

Apparently it's another Bangshipop thing. Ughh.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3htmwb

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

"What do we want to do? What does the public want us to do that'll give us good ratings? More Genius of course!"

The show the network is walking away from. Ughh.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

"What do we want to do? What does the public want us to do that'll give us good ratings? More Simpsons of course!"

The show the network is walking away from. Ughh.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Isn't the core talent behind designing and producing The Genius leaving? If I remember that correctly, then ending the show is the proper thing to do. I prefer when a great show doesn't outlive its greatness. Not every good thing in this world must be driven into the ground.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ditocoaf posted:

Isn't the core talent behind designing and producing The Genius leaving? If I remember that correctly, then ending the show is the proper thing to do. I prefer when a great show doesn't outlive its greatness. Not every good thing in this world must be driven into the ground.

The staff don't really matter imo as long as you have interesting contestants and good games. If anything having some other people design the games could be a good thing as the last two seasons the games got very samey.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Blue Star Error posted:

The staff don't really matter imo as long as you have interesting contestants and good games.

This is one of those things that sounds like it should be true but turns out to be wrong.

imo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im really ok with something just having a few seasons and having them all be good rather than just dragging it out forever while it gets less and less inspired like other shows

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Davincie posted:

im really ok with something just having a few seasons and having them all be good rather than just dragging it out forever while it gets less and less inspired like other shows

Same here.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Yeah whatever I'm hyped as hell for Side Story.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I really liked Sangmin's idea. lol at "THE REST ISN'T WORTH WATCHING"

totally didn't expect for Carrusel to have been a thing in Korea

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

The staff don't really matter imo as long as you have interesting contestants and good games. If anything having some other people design the games could be a good thing as the last two seasons the games got very samey.

But the staff are the guys who find the contestants and create the games.

I mean yeah they aren't the only people in the world that know how to cast a gameshow or design a game, but I don't expect quality to remain constant whilst greatly changing the production team. I mean I'd like more seasons of The Genius but I'm also pretty okay with them going out on a high note and Grand Final certainly delivered on that front.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Also the staff are the ones responsible for the amazing editing and music selections.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm mixed on this. On the one hand, it went out with a hell of a bang, and I might not enjoy seeing a new staff try to create the same magic. On the other hand, even if they can only do half as good a job at casting, game design, music, editing, etc. it would still be a really fun show to watch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think with a new staff you'd either have a different show or something that is trying to be what the Genius was and failing. I'd rather a new staff come up with their own thing, honestly.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXx2DLadr-s

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Just started watching Season 3; which do people regard as the best season? I just want to know whether it gets even better, or whether the best os behind me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manic X posted:

Just started watching Season 3; which do people regard as the best season? I just want to know whether it gets even better, or whether the best os behind me.

Season 2 is the best season due to starring our lord and savior Sangmin.

But really they're all amazing

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
I'd probably rate them as 4, 1, 2 and 3 in order of best to worst. 4 works well as a culmination because of the returning characters. 1 had some of the most lovable cast members who didn't take the games quite as seriously. 2 had a terrible cast except Sangmin really made the season enjoyable and some of the games were pretty cool. Season 3 I think the games were starting to get repetitive and the skill level in the contestants was incredibly lopsided. That being said, they're all great and I'd recommend watching in order.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ornithology posted:

I'd probably rate them as 4, 1, 2 and 3 in order of best to worst. 4 works well as a culmination because of the returning characters. 1 had some of the most lovable cast members who didn't take the games quite as seriously. 2 had a terrible cast except Sangmin really made the season enjoyable and some of the games were pretty cool. Season 3 I think the games were starting to get repetitive and the skill level in the contestants was incredibly lopsided. That being said, they're all great and I'd recommend watching in order.

Yeah, season 3 definitely has some of the most lackluster games. I did like the cast a whole lot more than season 2, so I guess it depends on what you like about the show.

Season 4 is amazing though.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
4, 1, 3, 2 is probably the consensus. Most people hate S2.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Really? I loved season 2. My order is 4, 2, 1, 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My order would be 4/1, 3, 2. I'm a s2 hater!