Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Ross-contemplates-suicide-after-the-death-of-his-father arc was pretty dark but I never managed to make him actually go through with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Okay you guys are making poo poo up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trainmonk posted:

Stop projecting you insecurities.
Who are you, Chandler after he gets drunk and puts on a dress as a goof but something awakens in him and he realizes he may be more like his father than he ever imagined?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Inzombiac posted:

Stop projecting you insecurities.
Who are you, Chandler after he gets drunk and puts on a dress as a goof but something awakens in him and he realizes he may be more like his father than he ever imagined?

I am actually surprised they managed to get the coke orgy gameplay in without getting an AO rating.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am actually surprised they managed to get the coke orgy gameplay in without getting an AO rating.

That's because the whole scene is implied. If you look closely, the only nipples you see are on the men and pre-surgery Monica which, by 90s standards, was a man.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Gotta say, the hidden bonus level of Gunter going postal and cleaning up central perk was a decently made FPS for the time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Something I witnessed after 300 hours in MGSV:

"CP, I just saw a cardboard box move by itself. What should I do?"

"This is CP. Cut that out! Over!"

"...They don't believe me?"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Trainmonk posted:

Agreed.

And yet, somehow I can't help but feel that I must be the mad one..

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I'm looking around the room like I just fell out of a DMT high. I want to believe.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Games > Video Game Hoaxes and Urban Legends: Still The Best. 1973?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remember the Extended Adventure that played off the episode where Joey and Ross take naps together?

It was so cute when they got matching caps and slippers. Chandler walks in on them and they have to pretend like they've started a gang.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Geniasis posted:

Agreed.

And yet, somehow I can't help but feel that I must be the mad one..

I still want to see someone LP this game. See how long it would take before other sites started thinking it was real.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Nuebot posted:

I still want to see someone LP this game. See how long it would take before other sites started thinking it was real.

Wasn't Something Awfuls biggest registration spike when someone LP's Dango Ronpa(?) got locked behind the paywall? Might bring some new blood to the forums.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ChogsEnhour posted:

Wasn't Something Awfuls biggest registration spike when someone LP's Dango Ronpa(?) got locked behind the paywall? Might bring some new blood to the forums.

Dangan Ronpa, yeah. The LP was huge because, IIRC, it was the only English translation being made back then. The exposure probably ended up getting the game greenlighted for release in the West, and ironically stopped the LP of the second game since showing off a game before its release is non-kosher for the LP subforum. Good times.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I've been playing through Knights of the Old Republic again and daaaamn I'd forgotten how cunty you can be if you're evil.

On finding a man trapped between exploding droids in the desert:

quote:

- No I won't help you. In fact I'm going to stand here sipping ice water as I watch you die of thirst.
- What? Why?...
- It's the cruelest type of death possible.

After putting up with your elderly rambling Jedi party member's anecdotes:

quote:

- I hate you old man.

On watching your wholesome Jedi buddy Bastila being tortured, in the hope you'll crack.

quote:

- Go ahead, torture her. I don't really like her anyway.

On being criticised after returning from a mission to peacefully resolve a tense situation, having murdered everyone.

quote:

- I kill who I want, when I want!

And then there's the little choices like helping enslave a planetful of wookies, assassinating rape victims, making people poo poo themselves, mercilessly exterminating sandpeople, poisoning the galaxy's supply of medicine...

And then there's Zaalbar and Mission's fate.... :devil:

This is so much better than Mass Effect's vaguely jerky renegade choices. I wish more games let you be a dick to this degree.

Necrothatcher has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Dec 14, 2015

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Doesn't the guy in the desert purposefully move to trigger the explosions as a "gently caress you" if you do that?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Doesn't the guy in the desert purposefully move to trigger the explosions as a "gently caress you" if you do that?

Yes. At first he assumes you're joking as no-one could be that diabolical. When you assure him that you indeed are that evil, he suicides and tries to take you with him.

I also love that after being a monumental dickhead all over the starting planet, you can turn up at the Jedi Enclave with deathly grey skin, lizardy eyes and tendrils of darkness creeping around your face. Then, after being moustache-twirlingly evil and bloodthirsty in front of the stuffy Councillors they decide that you're the perfect candidate for Jedi training and give you a lightsaber (in which you can promptly swap out the boring blue crystal for a demonic red one).

What could possibly go wrong!?

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Kotor 1 stuff

That's still probably my favorite evil path for any game. A lot of is still just generic evil PC character stuff where you're essentially just a thug demanding more credits after you complete mission, but then you get things like the Mission/Zaalbar scene.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I also love that after being a monumental dickhead all over the starting planet, you can turn up at the Jedi Enclave with deathly grey skin, lizardy eyes and tendrils of darkness creeping around your face. Then, after being moustache-twirlingly evil and bloodthirsty in front of the stuffy Councillors they decide that you're the perfect candidate for Jedi training and give you a lightsaber (in which you can promptly swap out the boring blue crystal for a demonic red one).

What could possibly go wrong!?
A running theme of both KOTOR gamre is how hilariously blind and up their own rear end the jedi council is.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

El Cid posted:

That's still probably my favorite evil path for any game. A lot of is still just generic evil PC character stuff where you're essentially just a thug demanding more credits after you complete mission, but then you get things like the Mission/Zaalbar scene.

I love the PC reacting to the big twist with a "huh, that makes sense..." Five minutes later you're cackling, chucking lightning bolts everywhere and yelling "the dark lord is reborn!" It's especially great if you head to the Sith planet after the reveal, because you can throw your name about and behave like even more of a dick than usual.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RagnarokAngel posted:

A running theme of both KOTOR games is how hilariously blind and up their own rear end the jedi council is.

Well, because Obsidian is great, that was the theme of the second one. I think the first one was just accidental because Bioware isn't that great at plot. I'm pretty sure that if Obsidian had written the first one, the Jedi Counsel would have rejected you right away for being total darkside . On top of that the darkside options would be a combination of murky choices and straight up evil choices that don't make you look like a petty rear end in a top hat.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

After putting up with your elderly rambling Jedi party member's anecdotes:

Jolee Bindo was an awesome crazy old man though.

Jolee Bindo posted:

"I'm old, dammit. I'm allowed to be enigmatic when I want to be!"

KotOR and KotOR 2 had the best morality choices outside of Planescape Torment.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love this article about being a KOTOR bastard: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-21-bastard-of-the-old-republic

Really sums up the depths of misery you can drag everyone around you down to.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
While KotOR definitely does it well, Planescape: Torment is probably still the king when it comes to giving you the option of being evil and cruel in a way that can at times be genuinely upsetting. If you're someone who feels bad doing bad stuff in a video game, bringing Dak'kon along as a party member and talking to him while playing an evil Nameless One is guaranteed to make you feel absolutely miserable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kanfy posted:

While KotOR definitely does it well, Planescape: Torment is probably still the king when it comes to giving you the option of being evil and cruel in a way that can at times be genuinely upsetting. If you're someone who feels bad doing bad stuff in a video game, bringing Dak'kon along as a party member and talking to him while playing an evil Nameless One is guaranteed to make you feel absolutely miserable.

:stare:
You made me remember!
I want to forget!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

How is that any worse than taking your lovable skull pal Morte, who is all about the laydays and smarmy one liners, and shoving him into the flaming tower of skulls which yearn for him to be thrust back into their orgy of pain, disfigurement, and suffering. Which, by the way, you have already done once before in a previous lifetime, and it is the single greatest Hell that Morte fears.

Sorry Morte, got places to be! :buddy: I'll be back later!*

*No you won't

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, because Obsidian is great, that was the theme of the second one. I think the first one was just accidental because Bioware isn't that great at plot. I'm pretty sure that if Obsidian had written the first one, the Jedi Counsel would have rejected you right away for being total darkside . On top of that the darkside options would be a combination of murky choices and straight up evil choices that don't make you look like a petty rear end in a top hat.

As much as people don't want to give credit to Star Wars (especially the Prequel trilogy) I want to say it was always a deliberate message that the old Jedi Order didn't really have the best ideas. Like Luke outright ignores everything Yoda and Obi-wan says and it works out well for him.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

mycot posted:

As much as people don't want to give credit to Star Wars (especially the Prequel trilogy) I want to say it was always a deliberate message that the old Jedi Order didn't really have the best ideas. Like Luke outright ignores everything Yoda and Obi-wan says and it works out well for him.

But he's the new sith lord :ohdear:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

But he's the new sith lord :ohdear:

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

:stare:
You made me remember!
I want to forget!

What happens to Dakkon? I just chatted philosophy with him all game

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Samfucius posted:

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I hope I didn't just get Star Wars spoilered in the video games thread like a few days before I see it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Han Solo Dies

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Babe Magnet posted:

Han Solo Dies
Han Shot First...but Greedo shot last.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat how am I supposed to enjoy my Star Wars knowing that all this is going to happen? Do the lightsabers still make that whoosh sound?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What happens to Dakkon? I just chatted philosophy with him all game

He's torn apart by the fact that an old incarnation of yours caught him at such a weak moment that he did the super-duper-haraam thing of his race and swore lifelong fealty to you for a rescue.

You can almost literally yank his chains.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

drat how am I supposed to enjoy my Star Wars knowing that all this is going to happen? Do the lightsabers still make that whoosh sound?

lightsabers play the first 4 seconds of Just What I Needed now

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I've been playing through Knights of the Old Republic again and daaaamn I'd forgotten how cunty you can be if you're evil.
You forgot to mention making Carth run into the forest crying. That was the best.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Randalor posted:

Jolee Bindo was an awesome crazy old man though.

KotOR and KotOR 2 had the best morality choices outside of Planescape Torment.

Force presuade: Give me your money, your weapons and jump down that hole

"Yes, jumping down is a good idea. Get to ground faster"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

scamtank posted:

He's torn apart by the fact that an old incarnation of yours caught him at such a weak moment that he did the super-duper-haraam thing of his race and swore lifelong fealty to you for a rescue.

You can almost literally yank his chains.

If you're evil you can antagonize him about it and he will always follow you because his honor is iron-clad.
His sadness was too much for me to bate. I had to start being nice to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's far from the only twisted thing you can do in that game, but the thing about tormenting Dak'kon is that it's very much like methodically torturing a good-natured pet dog that can't help but stay loyal to you no matter how much you abuse it. Doing something like that voluntarily and for an extended period of time just doesn't sit right with you, it's uncomfortable in a way most evil acts in games aren't.