Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
k, I haven't packed away stuff from yesterday yet, pick a bonus race from 89 kids. Half an hour to pick or I go random because of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Japan.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Just came to say that you are getting Japan because the only ones on youtube are in furran and this is a travesty. youtube link in about 3 hours.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

funeral fag posted:

The really unappealing thing about 2009 and onwards cars is the tall and narrow rear wing

This was a thing of beauty and possibly one of the best looking F1 cars ever

*EDIT* Ooops tables

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 14, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The BrawnGP car was a beauty, the 2008 BMW with all those wings and flaps and poo poo was loving awful though "peak F1" my rear end.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

dreesemonkey posted:

I could only watch about 2 minutes. Can't really go inside-baseball on F1 for the 80 year old's that watch 60 minutes.

Lewis Hamilton, shown wearing non-threatening Cosby sweater - as all "colored" people are required to on CBS, had the fastest vroom car this year and he won a thing.

This is all I see

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

*EDIT* Ooops tables

I love how Ross Brawn was all, "gently caress everyone, I'm so good at this I'm going to make my own team with my own funding and whoop everyone's rear end in our first year then get bought out by Merc and line my pockets."

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 14, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

GramCracker posted:

I love how Ross Brawn was all, "gently caress everyone, I'm so good at this going to make my own team with my own funding and whoop everyone's rear end in our first year then get bought out by Merc and line my pockets."

that's not what happened at all

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

that's not what happened at all

Wiki says posted:

Brawn GP Formula One Team, the trading name of Brawn GP Limited, was a Formula One world championship-winning motor racing team and constructor, created by a management buyout of Honda Racing F1 Team, but using a Mercedes engine. Ross Brawn was quoted as saying "gently caress everyone, I'm so good at this going to make my own team with my own funding and whoop everyone's rear end in our first year then get bought out by Merc and line my pockets." It only competed in the 2009 Formula One World Championship, with drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello. The team clinched that year's Constructors' Championship, and Button took the drivers' title. For 2010, the team again changed identity, becoming Mercedes GP.

On its racing debut, the season-opening 2009 Australian Grand Prix, the team took pole position and 2nd place in qualifying and went on to finish first and second in the race. Button won six of the first seven races of the season and on 18 October at the Brazilian Grand Prix, he secured the 2009 Drivers' Championship and the team won the Constructors' Championship. Barrichello won twice and finished third in the Drivers' Championship. The team won eight of the season's seventeen races, and by winning both titles in its only year of competition became the first to achieve a 100% championship success rate.

On 16 November 2009 it was confirmed that the team's engine supplier, Mercedes-Benz, in partnership with Aabar Investments had purchased a 75.1% stake in Brawn GP (Mercedes: 45.1%; Aabar: 30%),[1] which was renamed Mercedes GP for the 2010 season

I think it is

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This is all I see

Someone replace lowtax's face with rosberg TIA

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

GramCracker posted:

Cars from 89-90ish ear were fantastically simple looking and beautiful

:gizz:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well gently caress. Didn't make it out of processing, believe it or not the loving chain caused an auto take down request by fleetwood mac.

Wanted to install guildwars 2 tonight but gently caress it, daily motion link coming later.

edit: in the morning its taking its sweet time. goddmanitgrumble.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 14, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I think it is

You are neglecting that the Brawn was a Honda design.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This is all I see

Is that Robert Kubica?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

You are neglecting that the Brawn was a Honda design.

You didn't read it, I'm disappointed

Edit: I think you may find Brawn designed it for Honda

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Brawn is a cool and good old school maverick car designer who needs to join Renault with flavio as team principle.

all loving right mick fleetwood, I've cut out your god drat song happy now, or do I need to turn up at your house and ask in person if this first part can go up or something

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

*EDIT* Ooops tables

Bollocks. Look at the front wing ffs.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

The BrawnGP car was a beauty, the 2008 BMW with all those wings and flaps and poo poo was loving awful though "peak F1" my rear end.

every time hefe and i passionately agree on a subject an angel gets its wings

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
2008 cars were gently caress ugly. How anyone can say the brawn's nose is ugly in comparison to those gaping mutant fish mouths is beyond me.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
the brawn is loving sexy and i want a quality model of it. (That isnt $900 or something crazy)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

the brawn is loving sexy and i want a quality model of it. (That isnt $900 or something crazy)

I've been wanting to get things to scatter around my desk at the office and little replica racers actually sounds like a decent idea.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the only thing sexier than the brawn was who was in it.......

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Love me some Rubens.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
ok I'm out, night time/furren goons japan 89 should be up in 2 hours provided the first part does not gently caress up again, second part worked so it should be ok now the chain is off. proper embedded links or me swearing profusely at my laptop in the morning.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/learnincurve/1

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

The whining that season was glorious! Showed just how traumatized he was after the years at Ferrari.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I like Barrichello but he was a pretty poo poo driver, the Brazilian Nico.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

The whining that season was glorious! Showed just how traumatized he was after the years at Ferrari.

And yet he was the driver who won when the Brawn wasn't the best car anymore. Makes you think.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Alain Post posted:

And yet he was the driver who won when the Brawn wasn't the best car anymore. Makes you think.

Hey that sounds a lot like..

El Hefe posted:

the Brazilian Nico.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Nico never won anything when the car wasn't amazing. Even in 2013 that car was outright the fastest car, it just happened to chew through tires.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

El Hefe posted:

the Brazilian Nico.

Would make a really great username.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I like Barrichello but he was a pretty poo poo driver, the Brazilian Nico.

I would argue he was actually a good driver. If he had been in the Ferrari in 1999 we could have had WDC Rubens Barrichello but they decided to hire some Mick with cerebral palsy.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

be nice wicka posted:

Weird, that's not a picture of Are Jense... :raise:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would argue he was actually a good driver. If he had been in the Ferrari in 1999 we could have had WDC Rubens Barrichello but they decided to hire some Mick with cerebral palsy.

He got absolutely destroyed by Schumi every year, just like Alonso destroyed Massa, he wasn't poo poo ok but he wasn't WDC material either tbh.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

Like Webber and Massa, he was the perfect No2 driver.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

He got absolutely destroyed by Schumi every year, just like Alonso destroyed Massa, he wasn't poo poo ok but he wasn't WDC material either tbh.

No shame in being thrashed by Schumacher.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

No shame in being thrashed by Schumacher.

Come on we all like Ralf but comments like this take it a bit too far.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u7EEdscVJI

you don't have much of a chance as Eddie Irvine v2

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
finishing the saga of nobodycares I was not defeated.

Japan 89 with the pretty cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PppUJ_JGq2U&t=3m3s
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3i478z_japan_auto
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3i3vb0_japan-part-2_auto

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Cool and good, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

1989 has no unattractive cars. Even the biggest pieces of poo poo that year looked good.

I tried to disprove that but even the BMS Italia Dallaras and loving Coloni knocked it out of the park that year.

• Locked thread