Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Frontier did it so naturally CIG has to do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

i wish i was home to watch this

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Notice the Cutlass UI and how loving unreadable it is.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

CrazyLoon posted:

Tell me SOMEONE is capturing this for a later upload, because cripes this kind of thing cannot be allowed to just be willy nilly deleted by CIG's later editing.

It's interesting how CIG's own stream is the biggest reason to laugh at this game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Why is this happening when Sandi is supposed to be amazing at marketing?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

imperialparadox posted:

Some goon please log in and ram Croberts to death. You would forever be remembered in the Halls of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome.

Yes, not since Lord British got ganked would there be such a glorious moment in gaming history.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

uh this planet poo poo is cool

:aaa:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wow that transition from orbit to planet was... sudden. As if everything was stationary.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

Mirificus posted:

Why is this happening when Sandi is supposed to be amazing at marketing?
That's her dirty little secret - she's actually horrible at marketing, but an amazingly qualified marine biologist.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Three years of livestreams and they still gently caress up the audio constantly.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow that transition from orbit to planet was... sudden. As if everything was stationary.

Yeah I guess, there's is still a lot of work to do. But it's ok, it's nice actually it might push Frontier to up their ante as well :)

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

CrazyLoon posted:

Tell me SOMEONE is capturing this for a later upload, because cripes this kind of thing cannot be allowed to just be willy nilly deleted by CIG's later editing.
Does Twitch let people edit past broadcasts?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nomenclature posted:

That's her dirty little secret - she's actually horrible at marketing, but an amazingly qualified marine biologist.
Is it ethical for a marine biologist to be causing permanent harm to whales?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Also, for anyone being thoroughly entertained by the… ehm… unique presentation style, remember that this is only the beginning: now we get another round of backer “this presentation fully restored my faith in… nonononowaitwait I didn't mean ‘restore’! I wasn't implying that it was wavering at any point! Please don't ban meeeeeeee!”

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

sorla78 posted:

Yeah I guess, there's is still a lot of work to do. But it's ok, it's nice actually it might push Frontier to up their ante as well :)

Birds confirmed for Elite then?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Mech9k 3 points 5 minutes ago

Well RIP ED with this landing video. At this rate SC will have everything ED will have years before they have it planned.

permalinksavereportgive goldreply

[–]DeedTheInkyTowel 1 point a minute ago

And people who already own the game don't have to pay another $60 to see it!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'll admit; the tech is really loving cool.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
The "in atmosphere flight" looks identical to spaceflight. Does this really add anything more to the gameplay except a slightly different background behind the UI? I mean there isn't any point to exploring the planet or even buggies to drive around on the surface is there?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

CrazyLoon posted:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Oh cool more scope creep.

"Early days lol"

I mean, I personally love 0.2fps and all, but what the jank.

More like "Early groundhog days."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Since there's a name actor being interviewed, Sandi of course has to jump in.

ANSWER THE CALL

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
"Oh whoops the Ship floated halfway back up
Into orbit while we were walking to the back door"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

phosdex posted:

i wish i was home to watch this

Same.

Is Chris still trying and failing to play his own drat game?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Wow they are loving up big time again. You can hear Chris and Sandi arguing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirPhoebos posted:

Same.

No. Now we're watching a Skype with one of the actors. Because this is the poo poo people care about.

I'm done.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I think Chris just called it a movie again.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'll admit; the tech is really loving cool.

Yeah, of course it is. It's a cool tech demo for a game that doesn't exist, designed to bounce the dreams of retards off their parents' credit limit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SirPhoebos posted:

Same.

He was falling a skype calling with Rhys-Davies while the camera was pointed at a nobody and they were Croberts was trying to figure out his skype password

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Hey Gimli is in NZ...I should hunt him down..

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its too bad that the tech (that I assume is Planetary landings?) is trying to compete with Elite: Dangerous Horizons that came out... yesterday.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Look and Sandi, preening...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I really really hope someone is recording all of this so they can put together some sort of best bits compilation. This sounds wonderful.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I don't really use twitch, is it possible to watch the from the beginning, or at least where the laughs begin?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bait and Swatch posted:

I don't really use twitch, is it possible to watch the from the beginning, or at least where the laughs begin?

Last I recall you have to wait until the stream is over

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

i watched some Elite Horizons guys stream last night and they would just fly their ship down to planet surfaces then drive buggies around shooting poo poo. seemed cool.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thank you for doing God's work.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

I really really hope someone is recording all of this so they can put together some sort of best bits compilation. This sounds wonderful.

Word. Or at least I hope they can't remove the past streams from twitch when it gets archived.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Last I recall you have to wait until the stream is over

Yeah that's what you have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

They literally spent more time with Crobberts playing the old PTU while being unable to fly, unable to get the joystick working, unable to connect to the internet, unable to login, revealing his password live, restarting his computer, hard lock his computer, and leave in frustration showing us a swiveling empty seat, than the did with the "new tech".

3 hours of my life I will never get back

• Locked thread