Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress I can't watch it until the whole family can get together, but apparently episode was good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'd rate the first episode, the diner episode, and this one the best in ascending order.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'd rate the first episode, the diner episode, and this one the best in ascending order.

Sounds about right to me. Maybe in kind of a nebulous order. All of them are pretty amazing.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think 2 seasons is all this show probably needs, I'm not really sure how they can stretch it out.

Make the second season a full 24 episodes or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's the thought of someone with an extreme lack of creativity.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 20, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Pretty great episode, loved the fake out with the three campers.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

The second movie ended with Ash traveling back in time to 1300s England and Army of Darkness's original ending had Ash sleep too long and wake up in a Post-Apocalyptic future.

The movies have already established that this show could go anywhere.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadulus posted:

The second movie ended with Ash traveling back in time to 1300s England and Army of Darkness's original ending had Ash sleep too long and wake up in a Post-Apocalyptic future.

I want them to resolve the controversy around the ending completely dismissively.

Like just "wait you went to the future?" "Yup. But that's not important right now." And then it's never mentioned again.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The Cabin is definitely a red herring right?

Like the whole "where it all began" shtick is going to turn out to be wherever the professor got the book, a place that apparently kept the book's evil sealed for a thousand years.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

GreenNight posted:

That's the thought of someone with an extreme lack of creativity.

Yup, that's me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Deadulus posted:

The movies have already established that this show could go anywhere.

This is a series that could use any one of the schlocky horror sequel settings (Underwater, IN SPACE, etc.) and have it work still.

Kinda disappointed Amanda died when her character was starting to become interesting. I wonder if it's definitive or if the deadites will resurrect her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was not expecting Amanda's death at all, they made such a big point out of,"If you come to the cabin you'll die!" that I was convinced she was going to survive.... then she gets two horribly fatal wounds and has to lie there gurgling blood while Evil Ash taunts her :gonk:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I fully expect Lucy Lawless to bring Amanda back.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

nooneofconsequence posted:

You can't deny the power of titties.

Woden
May 6, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

The Cabin is definitely a red herring right?

Like the whole "where it all began" shtick is going to turn out to be wherever the professor got the book, a place that apparently kept the book's evil sealed for a thousand years.

Yeah, this plan of going to the cabin for answers is about as good as Ash summoning a deadite to chat with.

Jerusalem posted:

I was not expecting Amanda's death at all, they made such a big point out of,"If you come to the cabin you'll die!" that I was convinced she was going to survive.... then she gets two horribly fatal wounds and has to lie there gurgling blood while Evil Ash taunts her :gonk:

That's what made the camper bit so awesome, thought for sure they were just fodder to kill this episode but nope, killing a real character instead.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

For sure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The hot blonde camper is Hugo Weaving's niece.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
That either an extremely weird fight or the worlds most violent masturbation session.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Every time Ash gets together with himself, they end up getting into a fight.

If the preview's any indication, those campers aren't out of the woods yet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love that Bad Ash 2.0 acts JUST like the loving hand did in Evil Dead 2- trolling first and foremost, mocking, and sadistic as gently caress.

Christ I hope Pablo and Kelly make it out OK

Henker
May 5, 2009

Woden posted:

That's what made the camper bit so awesome, thought for sure they were just fodder to kill this episode but nope, killing a real character instead.

The second those Australian campers showed up I was like, "these characters are totally here for gruesome deaths since all the main characters have plot armor". Then 15 min later it's "Welp, there's that".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If you watched the preview for next week's episode, Ruby is holding the decapitated head of the male hiker. So yeah, they probably get killed next week.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Welp. So long, Righty. You brought us back Bad Ash, and for that, I salute you. :patriot:

God drat, though. I didn't expect Lady Cop to die this soon. I'm worried about Pablo and Kelly now :ohdear:

This is also the first episode where Bruce Campbell stopped being Bruce Campbell Just Screwing Around and Having Fun and actually started being Ash Williams. Up until this point he's been a loser goofball played for laughs. Now, we're seeing him back in his element and having to deal with old memories, and it's absolutely great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

I love that Bad Ash 2.0 acts JUST like the loving hand did in Evil Dead 2- trolling first and foremost, mocking, and sadistic as gently caress.

Christ I hope Pablo and Kelly make it out OK

I really, really wanted him to basically be the exact same character and have him start taunting Ash. Like, "Hey, remember that time I came out of the mirror and choked you? Good times, good times."

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Such a great episode, so many great one liners. They do have a thing of killing people with antlers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So want a gif of the intro scene with the exploding deadite bird.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm really pissed that Amanda got to kill the hand. Ash's hand has always been Ash's fight and if it's really dead then I'm ticked.

Also those Australian tourists are either dead as gently caress or working with Lucy Lawless.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

calandryll posted:

Such a great episode, so many great one liners. They do have a thing of killing people with antlers.

Seems to be the cool way to go nowadays:

E: That's what I call a cleavage :v:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 21, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doltos posted:

I'm really pissed that Amanda got to kill the hand. Ash's hand has always been Ash's fight and if it's really dead then I'm ticked.

Well, technically it was dead to start with :v: I don't look at it as the hand losing since it regenerates the entirety of Bad Ash. Pretty good swan song for a 50 year old appendage.

mobby_6kl posted:

E: That's what I call a cleavage :v:

As much as I love Ash, I love Bad Ash even more. Just the sheer sadistic glee he takes in inappropriate puns and banter. :allears:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Chokes McGee posted:

I want them to resolve the controversy around the ending completely dismissively.

Like just "wait you went to the future?" "Yup. But that's not important right now." And then it's never mentioned again.

At this point, the whole Army issue can be resolved with Ash simply saying "You're not the first me I've killed!"

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Ah! My trick knee!

loving lost it there. Most I've laughed at anything on TV in forever.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

etalian posted:

So want a gif of the intro scene with the exploding deadite bird.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

What a great episode. Bruce Campbell is a goddamn gem

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Doltos posted:

Could always cut off Evil Ash's other hand and keep that around.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Could always cut off Evil Ash's other hand and keep that around.
Wouldn't Evil Ash's hand be a good hand in full opposite mode?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Toplowtech posted:

Wouldn't Evil Ash's hand be a good hand in full opposite mode?

Does Ash need to bite it to put good into it first?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

show owns

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
As shocked as I am that Amanda is killed, I'll be even more shocked if she's not brought back in some form or another before the season is done, and I don't meant as a Deadite to get killed again.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I fully expect everyone to die except Ashe. It's his curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I fully expect everyone to die except Ashe. It's his curse.

Also sort of justified his fear of going back to the cabin since going back to the cabin never ends well.

• Locked thread