Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Republic of Scotland Merchant Vessel Saltire. Now I just need the 2 million to get the biggest yacht. Also I sold my Weazel Plaza apartment and custom Chino lowriders for a stilt house, didn't realise it was one that has the garage separate until I was looking around... dang it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Gotta love the Miami Vice-like vibe the lighting gives.

Also traded my Eclipse apartment for one of the stilt houses. I too was disappointed with the garage access.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can't imagine Rock star will leave the stilt houses the way they are, it seems to be a unanimous complaint about garage access all around.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Im still debating on the yacht club. I cant decide if i want the $$$ horizontal neon lights and which paint job.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
do all yachts have a Helipad?

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

So on Xbox One. What is the best way solo to grind some cash? Doing missions or heists with random people if an exercise in frustration that is maddening. I have a friend that I can play with sometimes and we try to play the first Heist twice to grind an easy 100-150k for roughly 40 minutes of playtime. I wish I had 3 friends to play with as I think it would be easy to make money and XP by just doing heists.

I also can't find the answer but in the previous pages people mentioned an armored car that was better than the Kuruma. What was it again? That might be my next goal or the limo with the mounted gun. I'm currently at 700k and I can't even look at the shark cards to get some quick cash as the prices are a joke...

My first and only big grind was getting the 1.6 million I needed for the Valkyrie helicopter and that took almost my full 2 weeks vacation to do. So much time in fact it burnt me and I dropped the game until this week with this latest update.

I may be missing something so it's not just painful but also fun.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you're doing solo stuff then just play Titan of a Job by yourself over and over again, if you've got friends then do the Pacific heist. Do that until you hear about some kind of car duping exploit then bust the gently caress out of it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Rooftop Rumble is pretty chill if you've got a Kuruma.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I thought they nerfed payout on Rooftop Rumble a few updates ago. Is that not the case or is it still worthwhile?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Policenaut posted:

I thought they nerfed payout on Rooftop Rumble a few updates ago. Is that not the case or is it still worthwhile?

It's had the same payout rates since the big change to all payout rates that made them adjust for time taken/people helping.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Both Titan of a Job and Rooftop Rumble are not too hard to solo as a level 55 (to give you an idea of the guns I have access to)?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hemish posted:

Both Titan of a Job and Rooftop Rumble are not too hard to solo as a level 55 (to give you an idea of the guns I have access to)?

If you have an Armored Kuruma and an AP Pistol with full upgrades, both of which you can get by like level 37, you're good to go on them. If you don't want to use an Armored Kuruma, a Vapid Dominator makes a great car to use as mobile cover to duck behind and then shoot from behind.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Hemish posted:

With the special carbine, proximity mines and homing launcher all at level 1, it really doesn't matter weapon wise. What matters is the amount of extra armor you can bring with you.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

fishmech posted:

If you have an Armored Kuruma and an AP Pistol with full upgrades, both of which you can get by like level 37, you're good to go on them. If you don't want to use an Armored Kuruma, a Vapid Dominator makes a great car to use as mobile cover to duck behind and then shoot from behind.

I don't have the Kuruma but I do have an Insurgent so I might try with that. I'll look into the AP Pistol and make sure it's fully upgraded as far as I can.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The Karuma is a must if you want to grind up cash in missions. It was one of the first cars I bought and it has paid for itself many times over. My only tip would be if you grind missions, add anyone who is vaguely competent or has a mic to your friends so you can invite them in the future. Same for heists. By doing this I have a decent number of people to invite when there aren't any goons around in the evening. Allows me to get a heist every now and again.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
If you have an armoured karuma (or better yet, start with a karuma then switch to an attack helicopter) then The Los Santos Connection is a useful one to solo. You can grab an extra $6k or so in drug packets in various places.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
LSC even gives you an attack chopper at the third location.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The Mamba needs a different engine noise, or at least the rumbles when you let off the throttle like the BlackFin or Stirling GT :(

Can you store your Pegasus helicopters on your yacht?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you store your Pegasus helicopters on your yacht?

No.

The expensive yacht get the new carbon fibre helicopter on the back helipad, and nothing on the front. If you call your captain and have him deliver a helicopter, he will deliver the one on your boat.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hemish posted:

So on Xbox One. What is the best way solo to grind some cash? Doing missions or heists with random people if an exercise in frustration that is maddening. I have a friend that I can play with sometimes and we try to play the first Heist twice to grind an easy 100-150k for roughly 40 minutes of playtime. I wish I had 3 friends to play with as I think it would be easy to make money and XP by just doing heists.

I also can't find the answer but in the previous pages people mentioned an armored car that was better than the Kuruma. What was it again? That might be my next goal or the limo with the mounted gun. I'm currently at 700k and I can't even look at the shark cards to get some quick cash as the prices are a joke...

My first and only big grind was getting the 1.6 million I needed for the Valkyrie helicopter and that took almost my full 2 weeks vacation to do. So much time in fact it burnt me and I dropped the game until this week with this latest update.

I may be missing something so it's not just painful but also fun.

This is my life.

What is your GT? I'm soulex555 so hit me up even when I'm not online cause I got the app and will gladly drop what I'm doing to play with a legit human being if I'm not working or otherwise busy.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
My brother and I made friends with a modder yesterday! He was really nice, said he was sick of other people modding and pretty much went "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and proceeded to rain $40m onto each of us. My brother got the yacht he thought would always be out of reach, and I bought the submarine, the gold Swift, the new fancy helicopter, a T20, another lowrider, the seaplane, and another property.

If I had purchased Shark Cards instead of glitching and receiving gifts from benevolent people I'd be out $700.

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER
The new revolver is pretty good

http://youtu.be/Qq1pL6O0LIo

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Soulex posted:

This is my life.

What is your GT? I'm soulex555 so hit me up even when I'm not online cause I got the app and will gladly drop what I'm doing to play with a legit human being if I'm not working or otherwise busy.

I don't really like speaking in English since it's not my first language but I'll add you nonetheless. I'll also look about joining some kind of Goon crew to help maximize my chances of getting normal partners in crime!

I listened to the thread and got a Kuruma. I'm now dirt poor with 70k to my name! Fun times ahead!

Small question. How are the performance on PC if you have a nice gaming rig? THe abmyssal long load times on the Xbox One are very painful. Especially the initial Online one. I'm wondering if it's because of the limitations of the console or the Social Club stuff.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Hemish posted:

I don't really like speaking in English since it's not my first language but I'll add you nonetheless. I'll also look about joining some kind of Goon crew to help maximize my chances of getting normal partners in crime!

I listened to the thread and got a Kuruma. I'm now dirt poor with 70k to my name! Fun times ahead!

Small question. How are the performance on PC if you have a nice gaming rig? THe abmyssal long load times on the Xbox One are very painful. Especially the initial Online one. I'm wondering if it's because of the limitations of the console or the Social Club stuff.

As a nicerig haver (i5, gtx970, ssd), from desktop I'm playing single player in about a minute, then going to online from that is 30 secs to a minute, depending on where in the world the game decides to connect me!

~~

Enjoy the Los Santos snow, PC gooncrew. I'm off travelling IRL as of right now until next year so no grand thefty xmas shenanigans for me! :byewhore:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Had a fun session just now until some modder crashed me.

First everyone got invincible tanks, which caused some mayhem.

Then everyone got invincible Lazer jets, which was hilarious. The dog fights were great. Rockstar should just add mod menus into the game as default, it makes online much funnier.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Dunno-Lars posted:

Had a fun session just now until some modder crashed me.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Rockstar should just add mod menus into the game as default, it makes online much funnier.

is this that 'cognitive dissonance' thing people with plaid shirts keep talking about in starbucks?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

So, running in a server as a VIP with a competent set of bodyguards is really profitable, and a whole lot of fun. Thanks for the good times, PS4 guys!!|

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The Israelites took over a large public server.

We did all of the VIP work and Challenges twice.

Fended off a rival organization who attacked our helicopter and took them down three times. They tried to assault our ship with a combo of attack, transport helicopters and ships and we took them out.

Sent the bodyguards on some challenges while I smoked cigars.

It was good!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
A new ban wave just came down, so maybe that'll help the with the hackers crashing folks out.

E:

And I'm out for ten days. Wonder if it was the person raining huge $10k+ money bags on me as I tried to hop out of the server. Hope I don't lose my poo poo again, and get to buy a Tampa when I get back.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 20, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
One of my heistbuds just sent me this picture from the PC version.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

It was a good day

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there no way to browse all your cars with the iFruit Android app?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jose Mengelez posted:

is this that 'cognitive dissonance' thing people with plaid shirts keep talking about in starbucks?

Remove the "crash other players" part, add the fun part, mods are good?

Seems like their anti-cheat is malfunctioning, this will be a fun Christmas for many with time-limited exclusives.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Capn Beeb posted:

A new ban wave just came down, so maybe that'll help the with the hackers crashing folks out.

E:

And I'm out for ten days. Wonder if it was the person raining huge $10k+ money bags on me as I tried to hop out of the server. Hope I don't lose my poo poo again, and get to buy a Tampa when I get back.

Yep, just read some posts about it on mpgh.net. Seems to be linked to 1)selling spawned Moonbeam lowriders, 2)spawning money bags, 3) boosting RP levels and 4)Rockstar's undying hatred of fun. I even heard someone got banhammered in the middle of a session while not running any mods, so it must be some flags being triggered somewhere.

Knowing the fine folks at Rockstar, the ban's once again focused on people spawning money and cars to sell for money and not on people who are actually griefing and crashing the hell out of public sessions.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Seems like their anti-cheat is malfunctioning, this will be a fun Christmas for many with time-limited exclusives.

Pretty sure the good Dr. Tim Whatley's sinking his paycheck in Shark Cards as we speak.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 20, 2015

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Dunno-Lars posted:

Remove the "crash other players" part, add the fun part, mods are good?

but who would buy shark cards if they can play with all the toys for free?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there no way to browse all your cars with the iFruit Android app?

iFruit shows your 10 most recently used cars, roughly. If a car isnt showing up, get in it and drive out of your garage, then it should appear in the app in a minute.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So if you buy the cheapest yacht, you can pay to incrementally upgrade to the most expensive one? Or is it a partial trade value like with properties.

I liquidated 2 million funbux worth of cars that I never ever drive and I'm still way short! :suicide:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Well, Rockstar hates fun enough that it looks like they nerfed the Cargobob in the last patch. Every time I lift a car off the ground, it automatically detaches after a few seconds.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

So if you buy the cheapest yacht, you can pay to incrementally upgrade to the most expensive one? Or is it a partial trade value like with properties.

I liquidated 2 million funbux worth of cars that I never ever drive and I'm still way short! :suicide:

i think so, you can definately downgrade them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Sapient Afro posted:

Well, Rockstar hates fun enough that it looks like they nerfed the Cargobob in the last patch. Every time I lift a car off the ground, it automatically detaches after a few seconds.

Same thing here, I was doing that Lester mission where you have to successfully hook a cargo container under a freeway bridge and then fly it to his warehouse, I managed to hook it and fly out without crashing, then it immediately fell into the drink.

I didn't bother trying again.

• Locked thread