Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saber alter is my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is Nursery Rhyme supposed to be Alice's ghost now as well because she is mentioned by name there.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Maybe? MoC hasn't translated her profile yet but from what others said it's just Extra stuff. Apparently her ascension lines mention regaining memories. Ten bucks it's gonna be covered in her interludes once she's released proper.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I don't have a smart phone or tablet, is there any way to play F/GO in browser?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

Saber alter is my wife

Santa belongs to all of the good little boys and girls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Arbite posted:

I don't have a smart phone or tablet, is there any way to play F/GO in browser?

Not in browser, but there are a couple of Android emulators you can use.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Not in browser, but there are a couple of Android emulators you can use.

Thanks. If I start now is there any chance if I start now that I can get Santa Alter.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Arbite posted:

Thanks. If I start now is there any chance if I start now that I can get Santa Alter.

I think the chance is slim since you'd need to grind from hell to back. On the one hand, you'll have a ton of high-level support Servants you can rely on. On the other hand it'll still take you a long time to acquire the materials you need since you'll probably be grinding on a lower level quest and you won't have as much AP to burn at a beginner level.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Arbite posted:

Get her yes, going to be somewhat difficult but achievable. Unlock her full potential and waifu art? No.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Speaking of Santa Alter, i just got her to level 80/ level 5 NP, and holy heck does Jingle Bellcalibur hit like a loving sleigh.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hohoho, Merry Christmas everybody!

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
i remember endorph saying once that sakura is the best girl. she never said why and now i'm curious

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
TRUE WAIFU DUEL, FOR THE FATE OF THE PRESENTS!

WILL JEANNE SAVE CHRISTMAS?!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Huh, I thought Jeanne Alter was just a fan art creation. Truly, grand order is revolutionary.

Also, thread needs some Takeuchi Sabers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Constr posted:

i remember endorph saying once that sakura is the best girl. she never said why and now i'm curious
i really like her arc and what it represents. a lot of her interactions with shirou are cute. she's not a super complicated character but heaven's feel means a lot to me even despite (and in some cases even because) of all of its weirdness, and a lot of that has to do with sakura. if i was just taking them as their own character then rin is the best written character in fate by a mile but sakura works very well for what she's supposed to be and the story surrounding her made me cry big goon tears. also she has the best theme song in battle moon wars.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Schubalts posted:

TRUE WAIFU DUEL, FOR THE FATE OF THE PRESENTS!

WILL JEANNE SAVE CHRISTMAS?!

Shoves ruler into chimera mouth

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

i really like her arc and what it represents. a lot of her interactions with shirou are cute. she's not a super complicated character but heaven's feel means a lot to me even despite (and in some cases even because) of all of its weirdness, and a lot of that has to do with sakura. if i was just taking them as their own character then rin is the best written character in fate by a mile but sakura works very well for what she's supposed to be and the story surrounding her made me cry big goon tears. also she has the best theme song in battle moon wars.

Hype baps, heaven's feels

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Hype baps, heaven's feels

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I also like Sakura a lot, mainly because she's the only character that interacts with Rin aside from maybe Archer that doesn't take any of Rin's poo poo (In a good way).

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

EzEight posted:

Unlock her full potential and waifu art? No.

Hahah wow, you weren't kidding. 200 stars instead of more ribbons or bells? Clever bastards.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If you focus your AP on getting stars you can probably get them all in a day or two.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

InfinityComplex posted:

Shoves ruler into chimera mouth

Please be kind to the savior of christmas

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I also like Sakura a lot, mainly because she's the only character that interacts with Rin aside from maybe Archer that doesn't take any of Rin's poo poo (In a good way).

What about Saber? Rin and Saber take an instant liking to each other, and Saber likes Rin's gentle teasing.

Also, I like all heroines because they all like each other and have different strengths. Sakura definitely has the most emotional storyline, though.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Kyte posted:

If you focus your AP on getting stars you can probably get them all in a day or two.

Nevermind a day or two, I've hit a sweet spot from level 17 where every completion of the 40ap is giving me another level and 12-18 stars!

Only question I have now is will the meats disappear come Christmas? On top of everything do I need to get her level up?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
No, event rewards stick around after the shop's gone.

You should be getting a shitton of stockings from farming stars though, so you should roll those stockings for the extra copies to upgrade her NP (and the apples as well if you feel like it, otherwise reset the gacha immediately) and a ton of gold and silver XP. You can easily get her to 40+ just from those.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Arbite posted:

Nevermind a day or two, I've hit a sweet spot from level 17 where every completion of the 40ap is giving me another level and 12-18 stars!

Only question I have now is will the meats disappear come Christmas? On top of everything do I need to get her level up?

How does this work? I got to Rome but I'm still a little unsure on how star farming works.

Sylphid posted:

What about Saber? Rin and Saber take an instant liking to each other, and Saber likes Rin's gentle teasing.

Also, I like all heroines because they all like each other and have different strengths. Sakura definitely has the most emotional storyline, though.

My logic goes something like this, Rin when she isn't projecting this image of being a model student is very bossy and does what she wants; we like this about her of course but the point is most characters we see on screen interact with Rin will generally fold and do what she says. It takes a while for Shirou to realize in all the routes that Rin isn't always right and come up with his own perspective on things.

To my mind Sakura is the only character that absolutely refuses the first chance we get to see.

I don't recall Fate very well but my thinking is that Saber is very predisposed to agree with Rin since they both share a common belief that Shirou needs a loooot of help not being killed.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 22, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Raenir Salazar posted:

How does this work? I got to Rome but I'm still a little unsure on how star farming works.

My logic goes something like this, Rin when she isn't projecting this image of being a model student is very bossy and does what she wants; we like this about her of course but the point is most characters we see on screen interact with Rin will generally fold and do what she says. It takes a while for Shirou to realize in all the routes that Rin isn't always right and come up with his own perspective on things.

To my mind Sakura is the only character that absolutely refuses the first chance we get to see.

I don't recall Fate very well but my thinking is that Saber is very predisposed to agree with Rin since they both share a common belief that Shirou needs a loooot of help not being killed.

The number of stars depends on what Servants you have equipped and having the Christmas Jeanne CE equipped to one of your Servants helps too, if that's what you're talking about.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Compendium posted:

The number of stars depends on what Servants you have equipped and having the Christmas Jeanne CE equipped to one of your Servants helps too, if that's what you're talking about.

Oh are people talking about crit stars? I thought people were farming saint quarts. :(

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I thought we were talking about the Christmas event

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, I'm talking about Gold Stars from the Christmas event. I need 200 of 'em to get the rest of the Christmas Chicken and I'm in the process of running through the 40ap event to do that. Normally a player would need to wait or spend items to get that 40AP but in my case I'm levelling up and regaining all my AP each time I complete it, so I'm just booking it through to the rest of the Gold Stars.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Do all the 5 ap main event as well. They give the same amount as 40ap. I recommend reading the translation along the story.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Do all the 5 ap main event as well. They give the same amount as 40ap. I recommend reading the translation along the story.

I'll look into that. Anything I can do with these extra black tickets apart from getting more Santa Alters?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Arbite posted:

I'll look into that. Anything I can do with these extra black tickets apart from getting more Santa Alters?
Just for her.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I know this thread is already FGO talk, but most questions about the game and its mechanics can be found here:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.info/

It actually updates pretty frequently and will give you most of the information you need especially during events.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
which is hilarious because it started as a pso2 thing and into a god eater thing and it never loving updates

just like how the west will never get pso2

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, got all the chicken though I haven't used it all, got all the black tickets and maxed out the NP, will have all the +HP and +ATK dealies momentarily. Is there anything else that I won't be able to get in 6 hours time?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
The only event exclusives will be the craft essences. Everything else you can get again.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Arbite posted:

Okay, got all the chicken though I haven't used it all, got all the black tickets and maxed out the NP, will have all the +HP and +ATK dealies momentarily. Is there anything else that I won't be able to get in 6 hours time?
The CE is the only thing you can't get elsewhere, but it isn't good compares to other, so you can skip those at this point. Focus on ascension material: Dragon scale, snake eye, world tree seed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Edit: Lol my b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Now that's a nice Christmas present. I logged in and did a pull and got Atilla :toot: