Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

centaurtainment posted:

Have you listened to it while watching the movie as well, or just audio-only?

No no, just the commentary. To be specific, it's a great track, I just meant it works ok with out the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

bobkatt013 posted:

I have used the phrase human garbage and godummit as well

I find myself sometimes saying "he gets MURDERED" when a particularly brutal kill happens on screen.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

centaurtainment posted:

Have you listened to it while watching the movie as well, or just audio-only?

Just finished listening to it while watching. As long as you've seen Episode III and remember it, you're mostly only missing out on which gleep-glop alien they're talking about and the majestic artistry of urns and lighting. Of course there's also things like commenting on hair, clothing, and general scenery, but mostly it's talking about a scene in a way that you should be able to follow.

Also if you really only want to pay minimum price for it, Google Play has it for 99 cents.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
"What are we even doing?!" is such a wonderful phrase.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The AotC talk does remind me that it seems like they should have just had Bug Planet and Tattooine be the same place. The Republic barrelling down on Tatooine to take out a secret Droid factory on it could have maybe given the whole thing a few more connections to the OT and even the TPM.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does anyone remember what was up with Padme's pendant thing? They did a close up on it on her death procession and made sure to show it several times throughout Episode III.

I've got a sinking feeling that it's some sort of tip off that it's yet another body double and she'll show up in the new Star Wars as a Sith.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Their many variations on "whatever" are just the best. These guys are real good at not giving a gently caress.

Also the George Lucas voice, haha. "Um, Stephen, listen, hey Stephen..."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gyges posted:

Does anyone remember what was up with Padme's pendant thing? They did a close up on it on her death procession and made sure to show it several times throughout Episode III.

I've got a sinking feeling that it's some sort of tip off that it's yet another body double and she'll show up in the new Star Wars as a Sith.

Baby Anakin gave it to her his first time in space.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You don't get elected Princess! Does she even know how Democracy works?!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

weekly font posted:

Oh, so it's just a charm reminder not to marry kids you sort of babysat. Remember Stacy, that could be you if you give little Timmy the time of day in a decade.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

weekly font posted:

Then their second time together he gave her his old droid.

What I'm saying is that they should have draped a deactived C-3PO over her body as they sent her away for burial to act as her servant in the afterlife.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Then their second time together he gave her his old droid.

What I'm saying is that they should have draped a deactived C-3PO over her body as they sent her away for burial to act as her servant in the afterlife.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Nomination for best use of audio clip: that "Talking Heads" style song from Babycakes. You cannot believe David Byrne didn't sue over that. If you haven't heard the Babycakes episode, you must. The righteous anger is something to behold and it sounds a justified reaction.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Nomination for best use of audio clip: that "Talking Heads" style song from Babycakes. You cannot believe David Byrne didn't sue over that. If you haven't heard the Babycakes episode, you must. The righteous anger is something to behold and it sounds a justified reaction.
When the subject of clips was brought up, my first thought was of that lonely ghost singing ~baaabycaaaaakes~

So many of their best episodes come from covering movies that have a twisted nougat layer under an otherwise benign chocolate coating, which is why I'm eagerly anticipating their Santa Claus episode :munch:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 17, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DoombatINC posted:

When the subject of clips was brought up, my first thought was of that lonely ghost singing ~baaabycaaaaakes~

So many of their best episodes come from covering movies that have a twisted nougat layer under an otherwise benign chocolate coating, which is why I'm eagerly anticipating their Santa Claus episode :munch:

which santa claus episode? the Tim Allen one? because that has some hosed up implications.

I am curious what they think of the new star wars.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoombatINC posted:

BMFcast did a fantastic episode for Man's Best Friend. They have a series of hysterical meltdowns, as half the hosts were rooting for the dog to the disbelief and frustration of the other half.

This was really good. Thanks :)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

which santa claus episode? the Tim Allen one? because that has some hosed up implications.
No, Santa Claus: The Movie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I was listening to the mailbag episode where they talk about Ninja Scroll and man I want to see them do an episode on that. Ninja Scroll owns hard but it's also completely goddamn ridiculous on every possible level, so they'd get some good mileage out of it, I think.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I don't know what it is about Ice Cold Burger King but I've been laughing at it for a week now

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I don't know what it is about Ice Cold Burger King but I've been laughing at it for a week now

The Connery accent.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does anyone remember which episode has the Duel of the Fates dildo conversation? I can't stop thinking about it ever since I saw Star Wars this weekend.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I think it was the beginning of the Deep Blue Sea episode.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Vedius Pollio posted:

I think it was the beginning of the Deep Blue Sea episode.

Thanks! Genius Shark movie is easily the last place I would've looked for a discussion about Darth Maul jerking off, but that's just the magic of WHM

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Deep Blue Sea is underrated, because it has Steve doing a dramatic reading of My Hat Is Like A Shark's Fin

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

We Hate Movies has uploaded their episode on X-Mas Origins: Santa Claus.

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2015/12/episode-230-santa-claus-movie.html

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Conal Cochran posted:

Oh my god the triple acapella John Carpenter Santa theme

"ALL YOU KIDS ARE NAUGHTY! NAUGHTY!"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, they mentioned that they are going to be covering The Entourage Movie for the first of the Worst of 2015, starting in January.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ouch.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Conal Cochran posted:

Somehow I missed this movie. Now I kind of have to see it. I'm convinced WHM does this on purpose.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
May I recommend Mortdecai for Worst of 2015 week?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hockles posted:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, they mentioned that they are going to be covering The Entourage Movie for the first of the Worst of 2015, starting in January.

i forgot that movie even existed.

Corek posted:

May I recommend Mortdecai for Worst of 2015 week?

what was that even about?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's about whether or not Johnny Depp is turtley enough for the turtle club.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I saw Santa Claus: The Movie late night on TV as a kid while I was drifting in and out of sleep, so I didn't know what the name of the movie was but the image of John Lithgow floating helplessly though the mesosphere after ODing on magic candy canes was one of those things that is ridiculously silly now but as a kid it really scared me and it just kind of haunted me for years until I randomly saw the movie on Netflix and it all came flooding back to me.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Johnny Depp is a gentleman detective who vaguely investigates a mystery while Goop follows him around and complains about his mustache.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's about whether or not Johnny Depp is turtley enough for the turtle club.

except, against all Odds, it's actually rated R

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Mainly his mustache.

That's not a joke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Corek posted:

except, against all Odds, it's actually rated R

isnt it just because it shows ewan mcgregor dick or something.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The guy's take on TFA is that it totally isn't a safe copy of ANH, and moments later defending how it's totally ok for them to copy ANH. :lol:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In case you have never seen it, or want to see it again, Hard Target is on MAXGO (Cinemax version of HBOGO). It was the first WHM that made me want to see the movie they covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

MisterBibs posted:

The guy's take on TFA is that it totally isn't a safe copy of ANH, and moments later defending how it's totally ok for them to copy ANH. :lol:

I with them on the safe thing. I can see how people can say it's kind of a rehash of ANH, but I didn't think it was safe at all. From what happens in the first scene and the characters and what happens to them, I don't understand how people are saying that. I agree with most of their takes on the film, however I would have been a little more critical of some scenes.

Also this week's episode was great, mainly cause the Jesse Ventura impressions always crack me up.