Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I wonder how much James Brand has spent on Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

I think the actual unironic answer is 2 weeks.

You know what? I think you're right. They released AC 2.0, waited two weeks, and then started denying refunds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, what a well adjusted fellow that is.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They've been consistent about not refunding gifted ships from the beginning.

A banned forum account with just a gifted ship is the true pirate burner account.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

absolutely i expect them to try and bail them out. i bet some retards backers mortgage their houses to buy more jpegs

as for how much, depends on how "close" they are to another milestone like game release. guys if we only had another 4mil the game would definitely come out...

Added to that there is always a hardcore gang of turbonerds who will ask relentlessly for the source code so they can finish it themselves, then create a huge wiki and gently caress all else

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iia4uIN6FAU&t=4235s

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

THIS IS RHY YOU DON'T USE CWYENGWINE

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

No poo poo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gosh i wonder when he figured that out

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What I heard is that they'll basically add mechanics and systems as they're available. So an asteroid base you land on in the Stanton system in 2.5 might be in the Nyx system in 2.6 when jump points are added. Makes sense. I'm not sure how they're going to get all that gameplay functionality done in a year though.

I dunno, his wording got super slippery for an answer that basically should have been "yes, there will obviously be more systems in the Alpha". It makes sense for them to try to perfect one system before moving on to another, but I thought the idea was that once they've reached a certain point they would be creating systems in the Alpha until the game world is basically fleshed out and they can launch beta (I'm taking for granted that this game will ever exist in this example).

Roberts basically says yes to everything people ask him, so his being cagey around this question, which seemed like a softball, kind of surprised me. It fits, however, with Derek's theory that Alpha is basically going to be abandoned content-wise sooner than people think, and Chris might be managing expectations on that front.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truly the right choice for a MMO.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I dunno, his wording got super slippery for an answer that basically should have been "yes, there will obviously be more systems in the Alpha". It makes sense for them to try to perfect one system before moving on to another, but I thought the idea was that once they've reached a certain point they would be creating systems in the Alpha until the game world is basically fleshed out and they can launch beta (I'm taking for granted that this game will ever exist in this example).

Roberts basically says yes to everything people ask him, so his being cagey around this question, which seemed like a softball, kind of surprised me. It fits, however, with Derek's theory that Alpha is basically going to be abandoned content-wise sooner than people think, and Chris might be managing expectations on that front.

people should just start asking for the most pie in the sky retarded poo poo just to see what he will say yes to.

can our ships double as submersibles(with the appropriate real money upgrade package) so we can explore underwater on planets?
will there be fish?
can the seabirds eat the fish?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
so for our mmo we chose an engine that has trouble telling what's going on 'over there' this is not a problem at all however please buy a patch for your fedora

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They drag you into their poo poo because Chris spent an entire workday writing a missive that turned you into a giant strawman for all of CIG's problems. Clearly it's worked since it's been months and they still bring you up like you're some kind of omnipresent specter of doom. Granted it also ostracized anyone who wasn't immersed in the Cult of Christ Roberts, Game Designer but those people were already checking out.

Praise him, praise his name!

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

hahaha it's funny as hell to see him admit something that Smart was telling them repeatedly.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

...said the guy shilling Star Citizen. Seriously, he's probably off his meds at this point.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

EminusSleepus posted:

A banned forum account with just a gifted ship is the true pirate burner account.

this is true as I have many

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ravane posted:

How are these people not getting that other companies with publishers don't need to reveal their business practices, and typically don't reveal development to anyone besides the publisher. Because it's the publisher's money invested into the game. That's how they avoid controversy.

With Star Citizen, it's the whales' monies. People are treating CIG like they're incredible for having an open development, when CIG has to have an open development, otherwise they'd get crucified for not delivering the game back in 2014. If CIG didn't have an open development, if kickstarters didn't have open development, nobody would loving crowdfund them, because how would you know if ben lesnick is eating your money or not? But they're so loving blind, that ben lesnick is eating their money right in front of them, and the only thing that prevents them from seeing the truth is the building that hides the money being funneled out into Lesnick's jaws.

CIGs financials are the only thing they're not being open about purely because they know they've wasted their money. And these shitizens don't want to see the financials despite totally being entitled to it, because they don't want to discover the truth about their Best drat Space Sim Ever.

^this

And also because, deep down inside, they know I'm right. And of course we can't have that, can we?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

will there be fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iia4uIN6FAU&t=3592s

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know what? I think you're right. They released AC 2.0, waited two weeks, and then started denying refunds.

My honest opinion: They released 2.0 just in the nick of time before people could go after them. They now have a fully functional game out there (in a sense that it has spesh ships, missions, multiplayer, etc), and now have a fair chance of fighting off any legal action taken against them (we have a game, it's currently poo poo, but we have a game) - at which point they became brave enough to start using the 14 day digital purchase returns policies that are the requirement in the EU for example.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yup. Looks like the Star Citizen gene pool. They're all mixed in.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Iglocska posted:

My honest opinion: They released 2.0 just in the nick of time before people could go after them. They now have a fully functional game out there (in a sense that it has spesh ships, missions, multiplayer, etc), and now have a fair chance of fighting off any legal action taken against them (we have a game, it's currently poo poo, but we have a game) - at which point they became brave enough to start using the 14 day digital purchase returns policies that are the requirement in the EU for example.

It's really the only thing that makes sense, there is no real reason to release the heap of poo poo that they have other than that

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Truly the right choice for a MMO.

Is there a MMO on Cryengine ? I know a few on Unreal3 and some simple one in Unity but the large one seem to use unique, in house systems. MWO might be the closest thing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Amarcarts posted:

I made an account on RSI to check out the forums and I was instantly banned on the first login. Got a page that said "Whoops! You've been banned".

"Whoops" is right I hadn't made a post or anything.

Yeah, pre-bans are a thing. Especially if you use any alias that even resembles a Goon one.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

It's really the only thing that makes sense, there is no real reason to release the heap of poo poo that they have other than that

Yup. I mean I still hope that they can one day pull it off as the idea of the game really appeals to me - but releasing something this embarrassing to the masses makes me sad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

aleksendr posted:

Is there a MMO on Cryengine ? I know a few on Unreal3 and some simple one in Unity but the large one seem to use unique, in house systems. MWO might be the closest thing.

there are probably some korean ones on cryengine.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart posted:

Yup. Looks like the Star Citizen gene pool. They're all mixed in.
The Information Redux article has been a great honeypot for attracting terrible people.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

http://na.aiononline.com/en/

Aion off the top of my head

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

star citizen: no homo

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Mirificus posted:

The Information Redux article has been a great honeypot for attracting terrible people.

Well we aim to please.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

The brain-dead bigot can't math. No surprise there!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amarcarts posted:

I made an account on RSI to check out the forums and I was instantly banned on the first login. Got a page that said "Whoops! You've been banned".

"Whoops" is right I hadn't made a post or anything.

What name did you create? Mine got banned in less than a day because they don't want anyone with a name "Gaylord Focker", I think it might break their immersion

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe, but doing a quick Google for "Korean MMO engine" and "Korean MMO Graphical Engine" give a lot more returns on Unreal3 than Cryengine.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

How dreams are made:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
ArcheAge was on Cryengine 3.

I never played it but it had boats with "localized physics grids" right? Though I guess they couldn't do barrel rolls.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ark is CryEngine, not sure if it is Korean MMO

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuctifino posted:

How dreams are made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18JmieM8SFc

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

fuctifino posted:

How dreams are made:

Looks like he's making some pizza. Guess it's the same amirite?

• Locked thread