Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

e. It was the Freespace license that PGI had for 6 months. Not Wing Commander - which they also had for a period time (didn't say how long - but it's online apparently). He walked away from the WC in order to focus on MWO instead after they put a lot of money into buying out their publisher.

Okay there we go. I was about to call bullshit on the whole "PGI having Wing Commander" thing but it looks like I don't have to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Farewell CIG white knight, Zinda Blake.

quote:

* .     .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸

Zinda is an ace flyer, able to easily handle any type of aircraft. She is a fine markswoman, skilled in the use of a variety of weapons, and has superior abilities in hand-to-hand combat.

She if often known to dual wield hand guns which she is an expert with and on one occasion even used a shotgun. Though she prefers firearms, Zinda is more than capable of holding her own in a fight and does not give up easily.

Zinda enjoys cooking, dancing, and drinking in her spare time. There is a running gag through most issues of Birds of Prey about her strong love for alcohol, which, she boasts, she can order in 30 different languages.

★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .     .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸    ★  ★☾ °★ .   

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, it serves no "beneficial purpose" but yet - though nobody asked - they put it in a ToS as a show of good faith and a carrot on stick in order to show backers they would have some level of accountability. uh-huh

I swear these clowns aren't even trying anymore.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

No but you see he's totally legit because he cares about a complete stranger on the internet and he's diagnosed him and he knows real people with mental illness and and and.....

The human mind is one of the most complex things someone could possible have to deal with. People who think they can analyze some stranger's mind over the internet are just the worst. Could you imagine some random dumbass shouldering a bomb disposal expert aside going "I got this, don't worry! I'm smart, you know? Watched a lot of movies and poo poo."

Star Citizens would see no problem with this. They'd probably start to wrestle each other to reach the bomb first if they'd ever encounter this case.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Wow, more from that clip AP linked earlier.

Host talks about his annoyed reluctance to pay for the Horizons expansion even while admitting he's spent several times more for a game he can not play.

He presents it as a mystery. Sandi then unlocks the mystery for him by asking, "Well let me ask you-- do you feel connected to Elite Dangerous like you do Star Citizen?"

HOST: "No, no-- not even close."

Sandi smirks cockily (really)-- and is asked by the host what magical trait Star Citizen has (that Elite doesn't) that (in his words) "separates the fools from their money?"

Sandi is beaming as she offers her reply, which is essentially "I'm not saying I'm the reason-- but I am the reason..." (no joke) and then she explains how she provided the magic ingredients to separate fools from their money. And later, she invokes the speech she gave at Citizen Con as an expansion on the "magic" qualities that Star Citizen provides.

It's an amazing clip-- very worth watching.

wow. just wow.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

Ha ha good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

what crime did she dare commit against christ roberts?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I have just conducted a profession threat assessment of Derek Smart and have concluded that I don't like him, and mom, could you please pass the mashed potatoes?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

PVP is like sex you see

So PvP in MMO = orgy?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Decrepus posted:

I have just conducted a profession threat assessment of Derek Smart and have concluded that I don't like him, and mom, could you please pass the mashed potatoes?

Caught up on the thread, are we?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Libluini posted:

The human mind is one of the most complex things someone could possible have to deal with. People who think they can analyze some stranger's mind over the internet are just the worst. Could you imagine some random dumbass shouldering a bomb disposal expert aside going "I got this, don't worry! I'm smart, you know? Watched a lot of movies and poo poo."

Star Citizens would see no problem with this. They'd probably start to wrestle each other to reach the bomb first if they'd ever encounter this case.

Haha "Hey doc you sure you know how to do this brain surgery thing? Look just gimme the scalp- no get off look I watched ER like a hundred times I know what i'm doi-...oh NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE,loving amateur"

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Bonus fact: Since they do have investors (not crowd-funding), they ARE subject to the SEC guidelines. They know this. Which is why when Bootcha asked for his money (a lot more than refund refusals they keep doing), they gave it to him quickly. Especially since - as I understand it from my sources - like others, he was asking for the financials, project state etc. They kept ignoring and stone-walling the requests. Which is why, frustrated and disappointed, he opted for his money back rather than waste legal bills chasing them. And since they had no intentions of showing him the financials, though Bootcha should have and could have made a big stink to the SEC, they gave it to him quickly.

This is the one disappointment I have that Bootcha opted to exit quietly. If this were me, or any one else, two things would have happened

1) file an SEC complaint which immediately opens an investigation

2) file a short-form motion to compel complaint, forcing them to provide what he was entitled to in the contract

There is no way in hell they could have got around either of these two things. And ToS won't even be in play - at all. And that's why they gave him back his money so quickly and with no lengthy discussion.

It's fun to be a mole/inside man in games like Eve Online where working under Isty and the GHSC I provided thefts of opportunity in addition to current contracts.

In real life though, when it comes to my money, if the easiest legal exit is termination of the agreement where I get everything back with indemnification? You bet your rear end I'm taking it.

If the amount returned had been any less than what I put in, THEN we'd be talking about something like what you mentioned.

But this event in my life reflects many of the ongoing issues within the game industry itself, that very few people are willing to fall on the sword of doing the right thing, in fear of burning bridges they see, cannot see, or invent for themselves.

So yeah, I took the coward's way out.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Mirificus posted:

She sounds insufferable. What did she do to get probated?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't know if this has been talked about, but the 2.0 "alpha" has a number of story heavy missions with voice acting and poo poo. Are these one offs that are there to give people something to do in the babbypoo or is CIG really planning to populate the entire game world with quests like these? Cause that's an incredibly bad idea in a project already filled with terrible ones. I don't really see the point of highly scripted quests in a game that's supposed to be based on an open ended world and economy simulations.

I don't remember croberts ever talking (granted I don't specifically seek every dumb statement he makes) about having canned missions in SC yet here they are.

Word is that these were put in because otherwise there's nothing for players to do, given that most of what SC was about, is non-existent. These scripted (using the basic CE framework) missions take the same form that SQ42 missions will take. Sans the FMV and acting.

It's because they shoved a single-player mission engine into a multiplayer game, that some missions tend to resolve for every client on the server even if one person did something, completed it etc. Once it's triggered, it's global.

I am facing the same issues (hence my World Events) with LOD in that until the game gets to a certain point, you really only have PvP in fps - which is boring for this kind of game since it's not a dedicated fps game. So I see why they did it; and it makes perfect sense.

Except that this was never a goal for Star Citizen and no mention of missions (or quests) even appears in any stretch goal. As in ever. Missions were for SQ42 only. So yeah, they just tacked it on. Scope creep.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I read this article (http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/12/21/the-2015-quarterly-awards/) yesterday where Star Citizen wins the "The What the Marketplace Will Bear Award for fools and their money being parted" and besides agreeing with it, I was shocked to see that cultists hadn't poo poo up the discussion. That said, it's a succinct write up of the trainwreck.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuzzknot posted:

quote:

Bonus fact: Since they do have investors (not crowd-funding), they ARE subject to the SEC guidelines. They know this. Which is why when Bootcha asked for his money (a lot more than refund refusals they keep doing), they gave it to him quickly.
Relatively speaking. They avoided him for a bit until I argued with him to get a bit meaner than he wanted to about it. Still, yeah, I'm 100% convinced that they only ever got back to him because of fear of legal action.

Indeed.

That Bootcha guy is one upstanding citizen (see what I did there?) I have to say. Get this. Once I found out that he wanted out, I reached out (here in PM) and offered him a premium for his shares, as that would have made it so much easier for me to get answers from RSI/CIG legally. But he decided that he would rather just walk away, not contribute to their troubles, stick to the terms of his NDA/contract etc. That aside from the fact that RSI/CIG would have been privy to any such sale/transfer, try to block it etc. But there are lots of legal loopholes around that sort of crap.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

what crime did she dare commit against christ roberts?

In a surprise twist turns out LadyBlackhawk was BettyBigTits all along.

I'd also love to know, I've been reading her last posts and it's nothing but the usual slobbering. Maybe something on PM or an external forum, whatever it is must have been serious for them to hand out a 10 year probation. I bet poor Boxer remained faithful even as they took her into the knacker's.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Libluini posted:

It's interesting to see how the mentally ill are always entranced by their own fake psychoanalysis, even though all they do is constructing weird conspiracy theories in their head.

He's a frigging idiot. Like most of those tossers.

Someone needs to remind him and his ilk that they should have told croberts to say anything (in his diatribe) about my "fake" PhD that they keep going on about. That would have been all kinds of fun. But with all the poo poo he (not to mention Ortwin's brain-fart letters) went on about, they never went there. Even amid all my commentary on his wife's non-existent (they're not bogus, since they don't exist) credentials and her blatant lies about them. There is a very good reason for that; and someone needs to spell it out for these morons. I'm not interested in small fry.

Note how that post is still up. Did someone report it and they let it stand?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bootcha, you didn't take the cowards way out. I think it extremely brave for you to confront and process all the evidence in the way that you did, and even braver to fight to get your investment back. You could have so easily gone down the road of the cult mindset, blinded by your investment and dreams. That would have been the cowards way out.

The fact you refused DS's request to buy your shares at a premium just highlights that you are a cool guy. A coward would have sold out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fuctifino posted:

Bootcha, you didn't take the cowards way out. I think it extremely brave for you to confront and process all the evidence in the way that you did, and even braver to fight to get your investment back. You could have so easily gone down the cult mindset, blinded by the investment and dreams. That would have been the cowards way out.

The fact you refused DS's request to buy your shares at a premium just highlights that you are a cool guy. A coward would have sold out.

nah, a real man would've sold the shares.

SHAME ON YOU BOOTCHA :argh:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

In a surprise twist turns out LadyBlackhawk was BettyBigTits all along.

I'd also love to know, I've been reading her last posts and it's nothing but the usual slobbering. Maybe something on PM or an external forum, whatever it is must have been serious for them to hand out a 10 year probation. I bet poor Boxer remained faithful even as they took her into the knacker's.

"Napoleon Roberts is always right". "I will work shill harder"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mirificus posted:

I see they're still eating their own. So what did this one do?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuzzknot posted:

quote:

Decrepus posted:
Caught up on the thread, are we?

LOL!! Looks like it. :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A confusing yet poo poo evening in the 'Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3QwHyUQGPs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Indeed.

That Bootcha guy is one upstanding citizen (see what I did there?) I have to say. Get this. Once I found out that he wanted out, I reached out (here in PM) and offered him a premium for his shares, as that would have made it so much easier for me to get answers from RSI/CIG legally. But he decided that he would rather just walk away, not contribute to their troubles, stick to the terms of his NDA/contract etc. That aside from the fact that RSI/CIG would have been privy to any such sale/transfer, try to block it etc. But there are lots of legal loopholes around that sort of crap.

Can we all just take a moment to imagine a world where DS bought out Bootcha's shares? It would have been madness.

Nobody will judge you for how you chose to get out, Bootcha. At least as long as you keep making videos.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3y16n7/why_did_white_knight_zinda_blake_get_a_10_year/

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bootcha posted:

In real life though, when it comes to my money, if the easiest legal exit is termination of the agreement where I get everything back with indemnification? You bet your rear end I'm taking it.

If the amount returned had been any less than what I put in, THEN we'd be talking about something like what you mentioned.

But this event in my life reflects many of the ongoing issues within the game industry itself, that very few people are willing to fall on the sword of doing the right thing, in fear of burning bridges they see, cannot see, or invent for themselves.

So yeah, I took the coward's way out.

Absolutely. Especially if you don't have an agenda like, you know, someone we know :)

In my book, there was no cowardice in what you did. It was the smart play. You get your money back quicker. Why add drama to it?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

Bootcha, you didn't take the cowards way out. I think it extremely brave for you to confront and process all the evidence in the way that you did, and even braver to fight to get your investment back. You could have so easily gone down the road of the cult mindset, blinded by your investment and dreams. That would have been the cowards way out.

^this

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Absolutely. Especially if you don't have an agenda like, you know, someone we know :)

In my book, there was no cowardice in what you did. It was the smart play. You get your money back quicker. Why add drama to it?

I think Bootcha deep inside him still thinks there is a chance that CR will snap out of the Succubus Sandi's trance that CR will value a proper game than a movie.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Indeed.

Can we all just take a moment to imagine a world where DS bought out Bootcha's shares? It would have been madness.

Nobody will judge you for how you chose to get out, Bootcha. At least as long as you keep making videos.

It would've been glorious. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. I'm not going to lie, I was totally bummed, but respect and understood his decision.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ash1138 posted:

She sounds insufferable. What did she do to get probated?
I'm not entirely sure but I'm glad they're gone along with their incoherent rambling. It's possibly related to this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6147042/#Comment_6147042

Also, I noticed that this post has been removed:

♥ Star Citizen ♥ Go my love! ♥ posted:

Hi all,

This is my second thread and my last post for some time here on the forums!
The hate is too much with it this forums..

Like some citizen count it out, I'm 12 days here! But I was very well informed!
If you like, check out my post history.. I call myself a real citizen!
I'm very sorry! If some citizens lost the faith down the road! Or if someone feels offended by me!
Please forgive me!

What's going on here? .. I do not like! ..and I say this as a new citizen.
My experience was very bad here in the forums!

Where are the all the white knights,of which I have heard from?

I feel like I'm pretty lost, defend CIG, the Game, and our whole Dream!
The hate overruns me, in much threads, no one was there on my side!

My best friend brought me over here, and informed me very well, he's more like my brother! "Old backer rear end well"
And he said to me: "Back the Idea, and do not participate on the forums!" ...But I did not listen to him :/

After that, CIG won not just my faith, they won my whole heart! ♥ And that happens very rarely! (I can count it on one hand)
I'm not a girl who loves a drama, that's the truth! Who knows me, knows I can not lie, that's unfortunately my nature!

Go ahead Chris/CIG, there are a lot of backers who never posted a word on the forums, but fully support our/your dream!
If you need us, we will be there for you! No matter when or where, we will be there! We swear!! ✪

Call me a naive blondine.. I was not the best at school. but, there was discipline in which I was always the best!
"knowledge of a individual person" or let's call it a feminine intuition! And I was never wrong ^^

Chris and Sandi are the best people I have ever met! ♥ That's why they won my whole heart! ♥

Do you want to tell me something else? No, you do not want!

Einstein said: "time is relative"
And we have all the time in the world with you Chris/CIG and Sandi!
We have been waiting for so many years for angels ♥ like you are! We do not care of time anymore! ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuoVhW4qzEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5v0iLqRTs

♥ Chris and Sandi ♥ CIG ♥

I have to cry that I unfortunately have to start such ♥ thread!

They got my emotions and my love!

aaand.. before you call me a drama girl.. etc!
I have backed myself, and luckily all my friends!

This thread was signet by real backers..
You can see the names on the bottom!

With best wishes your
Zinda

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

YOU MONSTERS, I BET YOU STEAL CANDY FROM A BABY TOO!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Samfreez is really familiar with ranting and making up random crap.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

I'm not entirely sure but I'm glad they're gone along with their incoherent rambling. It's possibly related to this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6147042/#Comment_6147042

Also, I noticed that this post has been removed:

The hate overruns me, in much threads, no one was there on my side!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Man if only this guy could relax by....oh I don't know.....playing a game...like star citizen, oh wait......there's no such thing HA!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There was a young girl, whose heart was a frown,
Because she was crippled for life, and couldn't speak a sound
And she wished and prayed she would stop living, so she decided to die.
She drew her wheel chair to the edge of the shore, and in the distance she heard Derek say

"That's her there, in the wheelchair"

And so space sims made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Bootcha deep inside him still thinks there is a chance that CR will snap out of the Succubus Sandi's trance that CR will value a proper game than a movie.

Oh, come on. Sandi might be worthy of scorn but let's not pretend that any part of Chris Roberts' history suggests that this gigantic fuckup of a game is anything other than par for the course for him.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Mirificus posted:

What happened here??

Edit: Just read what might have happened. Dafuq?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

Oh, come on. Sandi might be worthy of scorn but let's not pretend that any part of Chris Roberts' history suggests that this gigantic fuckup of a game is anything other than par for the course for him.

emptyquote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mirificus posted:

10 year probation for... what?

Hey CIG, I know you read this. Here's a tip; if people can't immediately understand why someone was punished (especially for a 10 year ban) then your system is hosed up.

• Locked thread