Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder what people are thinking as reality sets in and they begin to accept the truth. That this community is not special or set apart. That there is no fun to be derived save what can be extracted from the misery of others. That the same people that harass them for no reason outside of spite will be even more relentless if the game is fun.

That we really are out there.

People will realize that goons are indeed the saviour they are looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/308550/to-you-what-is-the-best-thing-about-pledging-for-this-game

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Star Citizen: What a cluster it will be.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

EminusSleepus posted:

People will realize that goons are indeed the saviour they are looking for

And goons will look down and whisper PAAAAAAAAARP.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think something like this has been posted before but its nice to have at hand when you're looking at the brown sea.

Under the person's name and avatar there are icons, the one on the far left indicates how much money they've given. The middle one shows whether they are merely a paying backer or instead a subscriber, who pays an extra monthly subscription in exchange for nothing, and the one on the right they get to make themselves and is like a clan tag for their space clan.

The person above who said they pledge just out of habit has given between 2,500 and 4,999 dollars.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 26, 2015

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Breetai posted:

It was finally Christmas, and all through the day,
Not a Goon was shitposting; not even Eonwe.
The Goons were all feasting, and filled with great cheer,
In the hope that more Baby Pu bugs would appear.

The White Knights were nestled all snug in the 'Verse,
Defending Chris Roberts while gameplay got worse.
Sandi in fake tattoos, seeking attention,
Shed crocodile tears at a dumb nerd convention.

When from Awful App there arose such a clatter,
I rushed to my smartphone to see what's the matter.
I picked up my Samsung, quick as a flash,
A shitposter? Here? Was it Karl, or Seraph?

My excitement built, then as quickly departed,
A scrub-tier Star Citizen had said "You're Retarded."
A cacophonous clatter; Goons started to shout,
All chiming in to yell "Gryphon, :frogout:".

When what did my wondering eyes just then see,
But an internet warlord, Derek Smart (M.D.).
At the shitposter he scowled "Get thee hence."
"By the way, goons, please purchase Line of Defense."

His brow, it then furrowed. His eyes had a gleam.
His knuckles were bloody (from a vending machine).
He glanced at his refund from CIG's store,
And girded his loins for an Internet War.

"Come MeLKor, come AP, come Neurotic Jew,"
"On Beer4TheBeerGod, and Loiosh, too!"
"On The Escapist, Peter Gabriel,"
"On Sarspariller and on G0RF as well!"

"Reveal now how CIG's on its last legs,"
"With costs that outstrip income selling jpegs."
"With a toxic community, gameplay that's poo poo,"
"And a janky old engine that's 32-bit."

The Citizens rallied, and began to bash Smart;
"Our game's in development, yours is a shart!"
Smart said: "That's no matter! Your point here is moot!"
"Just wait two more weeks 'till I file my lawsuit!"

Then the citizens faltered; as since the reveal,
Of the 2.0 update they'd lost some appeal.
They were stared in the face by the reality,
That they could lose ships when they're in PVP.

They stood there confused, and posted with dread:
"This game was much better when all in my head!"
They saw just how poorly the game had been coded,
The community fractured, and quickly imploded.

Arguing increased as the game took shape,
Equivocating that to gank was to rape.
"Piracy? Murder! Fighting shouldn't take place!"
"I'll lose my Idris if there's battles in space!"

They turned on their own, and then started to brawl,
Some arguing fiercely "No combat at all!"
On the merits and downfalls the carebears did harp,
But to Goons, Merry Christmas, and to all a good :gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP.:gary:

This needs to be on every page and in the OP

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

hakimashou posted:

The person above who said they pledge just out of habit has given between 2,500 and 4,999 dollars.

Smoking would be less expensive and probably no worse for your health

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

why do they have wings and why are they aerodynamically shaped?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Agrajag posted:

why do they have wings and why are they aerodynamically shaped?

Do not dare question the thought logic of crobbers or you will face the full wrath of a nazi accountant called Krazy Karl

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Why delays and setbacks don't bother me.

Also merry Christmas, Bootcha, you're getting famous :v:

Mr. Smalls brags about attempted RSI hostile take over. Who the gently caress is Bootcha?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I love that Reddit is still linking through to web archive like we're going to dmca bot our own posts to prevent them spouting the crazy this thread runs on.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, star citizen is the gift that keeps on giving.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I don't understand how Reddit can keep following these threads and I never see them take a moment to repost any of the recipes.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ghostlight posted:

I love that Reddit is still linking through to web archive like we're going to dmca bot our own posts to prevent them spouting the crazy this thread runs on.

To be fair, its a gamer-gate tactic that prevents the website from getting hits (and hence google placement in search results) and ad revenue. That they think it matters with a subreddit of like 4-5 people is even funnier. Lowtax, you are missing out on your .00001 cents! These guys are really showing you!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

$100,000,000 rootbeer tapper.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Dapper Dan posted:

To be fair, its a gamer-gate tactic that prevents the website from getting hits (and hence google placement in search results) and ad revenue. That they think it matters with a subreddit of like 4-5 people is even funnier. Lowtax, you are missing out on your .00001 cents! These guys are really showing you!

Yet, some are dumb enough to give lowtax even more money by buying SA accounts and premium add-ons. lol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder what people are thinking as reality sets in and they begin to accept the truth. That this community is not special or set apart. That there is no fun to be derived save what can be extracted from the misery of others. That the same people that harass them for no reason outside of spite will be even more relentless if the game is fun.

That we really are out there.

How can you beta test when the game is prealpha 2.0, with production started last week?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

$100,000,000 rootbeer tapper.

$103,000,000

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen

Breetai posted:

It was finally Christmas,

But to Goons, Merry Christmas, and to all a good :gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP.:gary:

hahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHhaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahah

amazing amazing great so many good and different things <3<3<3<3<3

Breetai

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007

DasKuend posted:

Breetai

Ahh it's good to see Daskuend is out of the shop, with a new operating system installed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DasKuend posted:

Breetai

hello friend

are you still a rear admiral

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

hakimashou posted:

I think something like this has been posted before but its nice to have at hand when you're looking at the brown sea.

Under the person's name and avatar there are icons, the one on the far left indicates how much money they've given. The middle one shows whether they are merely a paying backer or instead a subscriber, who pays an extra monthly subscription in exchange for nothing, and the one on the right they get to make themselves and is like a clan tag for their space clan.

It's not automatic; you can set it to whatever level you want up to the pledge level. For example I never put mine above Civilian.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

2DCAT posted:

Yet, some are dumb enough to give lowtax even more money by buying SA accounts and premium add-ons. lol

They did buy ships in Star Citizen, so dumb comes with the territory

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So Chris is saying he wants development to take a more "date driven" patch schedule but of course no dates are being announced to the public so I'm assuming its more piling additional pressure on the developers. He wants a patch every month.

Last game I saw trying to do this was Wildstar and it ended with horribly broken patches that would destroy the economy and leave massive class breaking bugs. Good think SC doesn't have an economy yet to destroy and they aren't even bothering with balance yet or it might have been an issue.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Yo merry Christmas SC thread I just wanted to say a few things, namely: Chicago-style pizza is great and Bootcha/fuzzknot come on guys there is a very dominant school of thought that says chili is not supposed to have beans and you gotta acknowledge that at least, it's like ignoring the 95 theses to say that chili must have beans.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raged posted:

Dear lord Ben is such a disgusting obese pig. When he lifts his arms up(towards the end of ATV)and the fat flaps hang off I just want to vomit. He look like he is wearing a wing suit made of flesh.

If you are reading this you pig you would have made a good abortion.

What disgusts me about Ben isn't that he's morbidly obese but that he's the biggest toadie I've seen and he's proud of it. Eating free poo poo, being near his idol and being given just enough power to have people suck up to him and to publicly punish whoever he wants? He's living the loving dream and it's disgusting to watch.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

I suppose being Reddit infamous is better than being Reddit famous.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So Chris is saying he wants development to take a more "date driven" patch schedule but of course no dates are being announced to the public so I'm assuming its more piling additional pressure on the developers. He wants a patch every month.

Last game I saw trying to do this was Wildstar and it ended with horribly broken patches that would destroy the economy and leave massive class breaking bugs. Good think SC doesn't have an economy yet to destroy and they aren't even bothering with balance yet or it might have been an issue.

It sounds like he wants to demonstrate monthly progress and not allow the game to be held up by major feature-focused releases like they did in the past. Previously CIG would hold up everything so that they could release everything in a grand package. The strategy backfired (repeatedly) when the core feature they wanted to release was delayed. So for example there might be a damage update for one ship and a balance pass on guns but because they were all attached to the FPS release nothing would get pushed through. This is a major part of why the spring/summer timeframe was so frustrating for backers who were being told things were constantly around the corner but nothing was ever updated. Instead we'll supposedly see more regular updates without as much reliance on a critical path, where if feature A isn't ready for build 19 then it'll be pushed back to build 20 while features B through Ω are sent up for release.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Bootcha posted:

I suppose being Reddit infamous is better than being Reddit famous.

You're doing pretty good if that subreddit's general feeling is that you seem like a reasonable guy with reasonable things to say who generally does reasonable things.

All that aside I feel like chili without beans is like lasagna without pasta sheets eventually you're just going to go over the edge into the realm of meat stew.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It sounds like he wants to demonstrate monthly progress and not allow the game to be held up by major feature-focused releases like they did in the past. Previously CIG would hold up everything so that they could release everything in a grand package. The strategy backfired (repeatedly) when the core feature they wanted to release was delayed. So for example there might be a damage update for one ship and a balance pass on guns but because they were all attached to the FPS release nothing would get pushed through. This is a major part of why the spring/summer timeframe was so frustrating for backers who were being told things were constantly around the corner but nothing was ever updated. Instead we'll supposedly see more regular updates without as much reliance on a critical path, where if feature A isn't ready for build 19 then it'll be pushed back to build 20 while features B through Ω are sent up for release.

I took it as code for "We're not going to work on Star Citizen anymore because we need to get S42 out the door, so we'll say we're gonna do these monthly releases but we're just going to do some minor bug fixes and miss every other release anyways."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dusty Lens posted:

eventually you're just going to go over the edge into the realm of meat stew.
where you meet thick spicy goulash and realize it's all you'll ever need.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DasKuend posted:

Breetai

:whatup:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mendrian posted:

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean I can't blame a supporter for keeping their distance. Anybody pro-CS has been mocked off the forums. But if you're going to go out of your way to buy an account just to watch a completely public thread than you should reexamine your life.

As an aside I find the notion that goons are a unified anti-Citizen army hell bent on the destruction of their precious game adorable. Especially the idea that we're all marching to the orders of Admiral Smart. Seriously, I watch this thread for laughs. The delusion is amazing.
Over the years I've trawled poo poo like Rapture Ready and Stromfront and more recently Free Republic and Bitcoin. It was the SC community that attracted me to this debacle in the first place, I haven't seen such potential in a long while. When I noticed the first whiffs of carrion both in the continued blind support and the disproportionate outrage at critics when faced with something that should make anyone at least a bit weary I knew that this was going to become a thing of beauty. So, like a majestic vulture I've swept down, it's been good eatin' and we didn't even get to the entrails yet. This is going to be an epic feast.

BigglesSWE posted:

They better be careful...push us too far and we might just get organised. An army of Goons...hellbent on the destruction of everything the Star Citizen holds dear.
That's a given if a game ever comes out in any playable form.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 26, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

revmoo posted:

wow rude

He's on ignore; so I don't see anything from him. Please don't quote him anymore as that defeats the purpose of an ignore list.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

death .cab for qt posted:

lol at the people immediately quoting and responding to Gryphon every time he posts to lay down a sick burn.

Do you not realize it's the negative attention skinner box? He makes a post, people quote and embarrassingly fumble insults at him, he reads the mean words and claps his hands together while smiling

It's a circle of dumb. bad flaming against a stupider person who wants attention and probably shows other people afterward like "lol look at those goony goons they're such DSmart-asses aren't they??"

Just stop fuckin quoting him good god

I dont think this is the right thread for you if shitposting and bad insults make you mad friend

you may just want to move on

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

Gryphon0468 is the most boring cultist. Zero effort hit n runs do not breed comedy. Oh for Octopode to return :(

That's why I have him on ignore. I didn't even add Octopode or even Karl, to that list. So you should already know that he's just an inconsequential poo poo.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

comatose posted:

Does anyone actually understand their logic on PTU build numbering? Ignoring the whole 2.0 thing for an alpha, the patch notes from 2.0x to 2.1 are bug fixes and a new ship which for some reason means they went up a version number and also make you download the whole client again. :psyduck:

Theyre not good at computer stuff.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

serious norman posted:

Theyre not good at computer stuff.

Chris is a software guy not a hardware guy.txt

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Here is some uplifting material for the holidays, people who have invested in Star Citizen but can still spot a train-wreck. FromJobbo Fett's Youtube of Chris's playthrough.

hope springs eternal :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Here is some uplifting material for the holidays, people who have invested in Star Citizen but can still spot a train-wreck. FromJobbo Fett's Youtube of Chris's playthrough.

hope springs eternal :allears:

They should get an SA account, i'm assuming they haven't already.Show them the light ;)

• Locked thread