Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

buyyy

buyyyyy a hoooooouse

you're not a success until you're married and have kids and have a houuuuse

and go on four holidays a yearrrrr

woooOooooOooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

hello ghost of consumerism future

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kluliss just thrashed the dog with a knotted rope :catstare:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Party Boat posted:

Shut up, you'll get me totally the wrong sort of reputation.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I don't mean to alarm anyone but I've run out of ketchup :(

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

what's ur ketchup of choice ratjac

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

wtf

why not use a rubber hose

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It was all she had to hand

She'll claim she was just "playing" with the dog but I know better

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Party Boat posted:

what's ur ketchup of choice ratjac

gotta be heinz. wbu?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

why do you keep referring to yourself as "the dog"?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

gotta be heinz. wbu?

I'm not fussy but imo hellmann's is better than heinz

just found out that heinz owns daddies now as well

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

sainsburys basic ketchup is pretty good too imo, not just good for the price

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Vitamins posted:

sainsburys basic ketchup is pretty good too imo, not just good for the price

i am poor, how much are we talking?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

this is a few years back but it was like 25p and came in a glass bottle, was the only ketchup me and my housemates bought as students

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Go to a cafe and nick all the wee ketchup packets like old ladies in tea rooms do with the sugar. Ketchup crisis averted.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

buyyy

buyyyyy a hoooooouse

woooOooooOooo

I like holidays though, they help me escape from the endless drudgery of wage labour.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vitamins posted:

why do you keep referring to yourself as "the dog"?

please don't kinkshame

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

go to mcdonalds and fill a bucket from their ketchup pumps

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Just got back to Southampton from Christmas in Coatbridge with my family.
Managed to not fight with my mum and managed to not drink any more than the odd Tennents so didn't get rat-arsed and misbehave.
Got to say I'm sad to back in the south, I can feel the cloud of depression the people here give off.
Also I'm gonna miss Hoggies and Barrs in glass bottles.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

buyyy

buyyyyy a hoooooouse

woooOooooOooo

i read that in a camp geordie accent

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Wish I had money to buy a house and go back to Uni to become a teacher and not hate myself and everyone around me

Still, this iPad is class.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've been looking at a house for sale recently, although it's actually literally a converted gaol. £400,000, 8 bedrooms, split into one main part with 5 bedrooms and three one-bedroom/studio flats that all currently have tenants. Put down a fair-sized deposit and the income from the three rented flats will cover mortgage payments.

Probably not a great idea for a first-time buy, however.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol you will be a slumlord

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm going to buy a house and rent out the spare room so someone else pays the mortgage soon

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol unless every single one of those flats are up to our new landlord laws you will be eligible for a minimum of a £10k fine per flat, iirc its one year from purchase to make sure the electrics, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, boilers and heating are up to code. Unless it's in london in which case the tenants will be too scared to report you in case they get kicked out.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Year in review - £12,000 saved and still can't even whisper "I'd like a mortgage to buy a house please" without getting laughed out of the building. :(

lol @ anyone who shells out a quarter of a million quid for a box of bricks with water and electricity piped in.

You should just live under a tarpaulin in a hedge, like I do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

move to the north east which is cool and good and has affordable housing too

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Why not just buy a house in York. I suspect there will have been significant price falls in the last 24 hours.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i live in a rolled up newspaper in middle of t'road

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

live in a boat imo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

live in a gravy boat

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

learnincurve posted:

lol unless every single one of those flats are up to our new landlord laws you will be eligible for a minimum of a £10k fine per flat, iirc its one year from purchase to make sure the electrics, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, boilers and heating are up to code.

lol yes I would be VERY scared if I were a landlord and found to be letting out inappropriate housing, e.g. http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/23/landlord-charged-young-family-800-a-month-to-live-in-garage-5583246/ oh my look at that whopping fine and punishment to which the landlord in that case was subjected. Why, take this quote from the council spokesman: ‘I hope the strong action taken by Blaby District Council will deter other landlords from letting tenants live in poor conditions.’ STRONG ACTION, you hear? Strong. I am completely dissuaded, as are many landlords will have been, after reading that.

In actuality I am going to remain a tenant paying someone else's mortgage for at least the next six months (after that I'll probably buy one of the very many new builds on a flood plain, sounds like a plan!) and laugh at the very idea that there are new rules for landlords that are actually going to be enforced that will discourage landlords from being shites. In fact now I'm re-reading your post I'm thinking you must have been being very subtly ironic, the bit about only having one year to flout the law with the safety of your tenants is what gave it away though, as if that's a scary concept for a landlord... nice try!

[Also, super lol at the "Read more at the metro" text that was nearly added to my post after copying and pasting from their website. Again, nice try, Metro!!]

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

lol @ anyone who shells out a quarter of a million quid for a box of bricks with water and electricity piped in.

Quarter mil are you mental? I saw a lovely little church that had been converted into two maisonette's, each going for £125,000 freehold a month ago and thought to myself, "after Christmas". Stupidest loving thing I've ever done. Naturally they both sold within a week.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I live in a cottage in some woods, furthering my reputation as a possible rapist and serial killer. I don't own it, lol at the idea of buying a house before I'm 35.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Why does everyone always act as though moving to another area of the UK is something on a par with changing mobile providers, and not a massive upheaval

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Why does everyone always act as though moving to another area of the UK is something on a par with changing mobile providers, and not a massive upheaval

Uhhh, have you tried retrieving your PAC code?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well its cheap to move to the north east unlike everywhere else which helps

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Previous career I wouldn't be so shy of doing that, in fact I did do that many moons ago. Now I'm kind of tied down to this county because of the new career but I'm not adverse to moving anywhere within a reasonable commute.

Houseboats are starting to look really awesome.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

Uhhh, have you tried retrieving your PAC code?

fair enough i guess. p sure jakabite was protesting about this the other day

Jose posted:

well its cheap to move to the north east unlike everywhere else which helps

there is that

but it's so desolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle owns actually

also i think someone i was talking to from tinder sent a video to the wrong person because she very quickly decided she didn't want to talk anymore and it was really not suitable as a video still preview message