Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Youth Code was amazing live. I really dug their set. Skinny Puppy was also awesome as usual. They should have went straight into Death from Jahya though since the ended up playing it a couple songs later anyway. I would have actually dug maybe one or two post-Process songs, but probably not what the crowd was there to hear.

I was sort of happy with just "Village" and I'm still not a huge fan of that track even. Seriously, their are betting things from that record. I feel they did a healthy amount of the new stuff on the last tour in support of Weapon. Houston got two sets of encores, so ending the night with "Testure" was money. I'm not sure if another tour/setlist could top this one unless they're going to get manic and do something like "TDP in its entirety" or doing all of Last Rights (including "Left Hand Shake").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Details? DETAILS?!

Not many details, got it from this interview http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2015/11/16/skinny-puppy-fears-for-mankind-teases-secret-project/110243/

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

hatelull posted:

I was sort of happy with just "Village" and I'm still not a huge fan of that track even. Seriously, their are betting things from that record. I feel they did a healthy amount of the new stuff on the last tour in support of Weapon. Houston got two sets of encores, so ending the night with "Testure" was money. I'm not sure if another tour/setlist could top this one unless they're going to get manic and do something like "TDP in its entirety" or doing all of Last Rights (including "Left Hand Shake").

Yeah, I guess I was just a little disappointed they wasted their new song slot on Village, but I wouldn't drop anything off the setlist. I think the last time I saw them was on their Greater Wrong of the Right tour, and they played a crapload of stuff off of the Process there too.

Is anyone here into Distorted Memory? Found them on some random playlist and checked out their last album and it was pretty solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcjQ_nXjBM

MK159
Aug 26, 2008

hatelull posted:

The two encores was awesome, but was it me, or was this Skinny Puppy show both minimal in terms of stage set-up and interacting with the audience? Last time, Ogre wasn't exactly chatty, but he said hello to the crowd, a few other odd comments, brought up it being the anniversary of Dwayne Goettel's death before the Ashas -> Assimilate encore, etc. This time literally the only thing I can remember him saying was thank you at the end of the first encore. Then again, the crowd seemed kind of quiet for most of Youth Code so maybe that was the best.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I know I said I'd skip a trip to Germany for a UK one some year but welp I guess I'm going to Amphi Festival next year as well.

EDITORS | PROJECT PITCHFORK | COVENANT | TARJA | FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY | SUICIDE COMMANDO | PETER HEPPNER | JOACHIM WITT | STAHLZEIT | NEUROTICFISH | AESTHETIC PERFECTION | SOLAR FAKE | SOLITARY EXPERIMENTS | MEGAHERZ | FADERHEAD | UNZUCHT | THE BEAUTY OF GEMINA | COPPELIUS | SPETSNAZ | [X]-RX | ESCAPE WITH ROMEO | DER FLUCH | XOTOX | BLOODSUCKING ZOMBIES FROM OUTER SPACE | EWIGHEIM | WHISPERS IN THE SHADOW | CRYO | THE DEVIL & THE UNIVERSE | MANTUS | LAURA CARBONE | XMH | ONE I CINEMA

As it happens, I'm currently applying for a grant (DAAD) for a summer course on methodology of teaching German as a secondary language in Aachen which is kind of nearby and it'd be in July. Here's hoping that works out.

Who's coming with? It's not a long trip at all for all y'all UK goons ITT :v:

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
How dare you not bold Solar Fake.

Oh man I didn't even see they just released a new album. :derp:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

xov posted:

How dare you not bold Solar Fake.

Oh man I didn't even see they just released a new album. :derp:

It's because I've never listened to Solar Fake, mainly because I absolutely can't stand Sven Friedrich's other band Zeraphine and I figured I wouldn't like Solar Fake either. I've understood Solar Fake should be pretty good though, where do you recommend I start?

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I absolutely can't stand Sven Friedrich's other band Zeraphine

Well, nevermind. :downs:
I'm the guy who's in this thread because there isn't a Futurepop/EBM thread. Personally, I saw the video for "More than This" and was hooked and proceeded to devour their entire discog.

I am a bit terrified to hear what they sound like live though. Usually the more heavily post-processed an album is, the more I'm going to like it.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
That's a great lineup! But as usual I have no idea if I'll be around and not busy in July...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

xov posted:

I'm the guy who's in this thread because there isn't a Futurepop/EBM thread. Personally, I saw the video for "More than This" and was hooked and proceeded to devour their entire discog.

I am a bit terrified to hear what they sound like live though. Usually the more heavily post-processed an album is, the more I'm going to like it.

This doesn't sound bad at all, certainly a lot more palatable than the awful wimpy whining of Zeraphine. I'd say there just isn't an awful lot to differentiate this from all the other five hundred thousand futurepop bands out there to immediately grab me or anything, though.

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

i used to dance before the discos came

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Youth Code was amazing live. I really dug their set. Skinny Puppy was also awesome as usual. They should have went straight into Death from Jahya though since the ended up playing it a couple songs later anyway. I would have actually dug maybe one or two post-Process songs, but probably not what the crowd was there to hear.

This was such an amazing show. It was my first time seeing YC and I was blown away. Definitely glad I had ear plugs though, because that was insanely loud. I liked the second half of the SP setlist more than the first, but I was happy to hear things not typically played. I got to meet Ogre after the show, and he's an amazing human being.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Jesus christ that Amphi line up.

Saw modulate (among others) at a cancer charity gig last Friday. I ended up jumping up on stage because I'm a douche bag but it ended up being awesome as I danced with Geoff Lee. This actually spurred on a stage invasion. It was amazing. :pcgaming:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Babby Sathanas posted:

Jesus christ that Amphi line up.

I'd also like to point out it's still over half a year until the festival and they've only announced 32 bands thus far whereas last year there were over 40 so :getin:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

xov posted:

Then you should be excited that Beborn Beton just released their first album in 15 years. Haven't listened to it that much yet but I really like it so far.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finally listening to Dead When I Foung Her's new album. Really really cool, and what a surprising but also completely logical evolution of this dude's sound! It's just... such a delightfully organic, natural and creepy sound that isn't just harsh or heavy only for the sake of being harsh or heavy.

edit: gently caress this is a good album :argh:

This is just so dense and intricate and soundtrack-like and god drat, it's good. Actually it partly reminds me of Front Line Assembly's more atmospheric (and my favorite) works, like AirMech and Civilization, especially stuff like Threadbare

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 22, 2015

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Go to a Health show immediately

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Finally listening to Dead When I Foung Her's new album. Really really cool, and what a surprising but also completely logical evolution of this dude's sound! It's just... such a delightfully organic, natural and creepy sound that isn't just harsh or heavy only for the sake of being harsh or heavy.

This is just so dense and intricate and soundtrack-like and god drat, it's good. Actually it partly reminds me of Front Line Assembly's more atmospheric (and my favorite) works, like AirMech and Civilization, especially stuff like Threadbare

Yeah, The Bottom and All the Way Down are really super good. Perfect blend of FLA and Skinny Puppy.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
It's been a pretty great year to have both that Health album and the DWIFH releases. Some crazy good music.

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

i used to dance before the discos came
Leaether Strip just announced a North American tour playing Zoth Ommog era stuff. There better be a Chicago date.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Death in June is playing here tonight and I am not going.

Mainly because it's $30. If I wanted to see Nazis on stage (which is kind of an academic curiosity for me to be honest) I could go to a Donald Trump rally for free.

But I know I'd just get bored watching the DiJ guy strum on a guitar for an hour and a half, then go home, and I'd be out $30.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

Death in June is playing here tonight and I am not going.

Mainly because it's $30. If I wanted to see Nazis on stage (which is kind of an academic curiosity for me to be honest) I could go to a Donald Trump rally for free.

But I know I'd just get bored watching the DiJ guy strum on a guitar for an hour and a half, then go home, and I'd be out $30.

iirc at shows these days he does some acoustic guitar stuff but also some of the early material with the martial kinda drumming.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A human heart posted:

iirc at shows these days he does some acoustic guitar stuff but also some of the early material with the martial kinda drumming.
I would maybe pay $15.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

So that recent Ashbury Heights album ... still amazing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I like it the more I listen.

So many layers. This might be album of the year.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Blutengel confirmed for Amphi :getin:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So, the last two days of Project Pitchfork's Blood tour.

BhamBhamHara is fun, at least live? Haven't listened to their studio stuff.

Eisfabrik is still intensely generic and derivative and ughhhhh

Project Pitchfork still owns a terrifying amount and I'm hoping they have something special in store for this last show of the tour. They're on in just a bit :holy:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

lol a dude dressed as Spilles just proposed to his girlfriend on stage

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

lol a dude dressed as Spilles just proposed to his girlfriend on stage

That sounds pretty awkward. What was her answer?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

boo_radley posted:

That sounds pretty awkward. What was her answer?

She said yes. Apparently the Spilles wannabe isn't exactly a beloved person though, heh

Project Pitchfork, on the other hand, is good & cool. Got Carnival as an extra. I'm dead from dancing and will now die.

edit: just to be clear: the dude proposed to his own girlfriend, not Spilles's!

edit2: I do however have some sizzling hot Project Pitchfork insider scoops that I cant tell about :C

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 13, 2015

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

SPILLES IT!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ID:YD posted its end of year list. Inspired me to check out Encephalon. It's good. REALLY good.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Apparently Til Lindemann, of Rammstein, released an English-language album trying to outdo Combicrist: http://www.skillsinpills.com/main.html#music
Actually, after listening to a few bits I think this might be better...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Entropist posted:

Apparently Til Lindemann, of Rammstein, released an English-language album trying to outdo Combicrist: http://www.skillsinpills.com/main.html#music

Rammstein has a very special place in my heart (hell, I'm even writing my master's thesis about them) but I just couldn't get into this at all. I think Lindemann sounds really awful and awkward in English (just, like, his voice is so much better suited for his native tongue) and for whatever reason I've never been able to like anything Peter Tägtgren has made. There's something about his music that just rubs me the wrong way.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Lindemann is better than Emigrate but that's not really saying a whole lot. :v: SiP has a nifty package with a photo to go with each song though, nice to see anybody care about packaging these days.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
FLA is coming to Stockholm in march. gently caress yes. So I'll see Laibach in January and FLA in March. Life is good.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I'm seeing Das Ich in less than a week in London and I'm seriously freaking out!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedenius posted:

FLA is coming to Stockholm in march. gently caress yes. So I'll see Laibach in January and FLA in March. Life is good.

God drat why do these things always take place on the worst possible dates for me <:mad:> Guess I'll have to do with FLA at Amphi, then

Babby Sathanas posted:

I'm seeing Das Ich in less than a week in London and I'm seriously freaking out!

It will own. Stefan Ackermann live is ~incredible~

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Speaking of Das Ich, looks like they're also playing at Wave Gotik Treffen, I guess fittingly enough since they played at the very first one and this will be the 25th.

Surprised to see they're already rolling out names, seeing as they usually start waaayyy later (making planning a pain in the rear end, so I'm glad). There are plenty interesting ones in the mix already. I might also have heard of one yet-unannounced band that I might have mentioned in this thread a couple of times , wink wink nudge nudge, if someone's interested, but you didn't hear it from me I was told I these beans are not to be "spillesd" I don't know if it's confirmed yet and yes these sub tags will help enormously The temptation to start planning a trip to Leipzig for WGT once again is strong, ugggh.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 3, 2016

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Entropist posted:

I really loved the Skills in Pills album. Not as much as Rammstein, though. I do agree Til sounds so much better when he sings in German instead of English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Found a new pretty drat slick Finnish band, gotta plug my countrymen here. It's more straight up insanely well-made, hyperactive electro than industrial but I'm 100 % sure many here would get a kick out of them.

BLASTROMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zIyIAfelTU
Music video for Sidtroen

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpnPh15c7k
This one is actually better than Sidtroen (which is also great)

Both of their albums are on Spotify.

I need to see these dudes live, they have some pretty snazzy live production going on.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 9, 2016