Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

i don't think i was paying attention back then can you take us on a trip down memory lane?

most of my posts were just like they are now

1. this game is poo poo
2. free kimsemus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Why hasn't be been banned for using the word niggling yet?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

I like how the first reply is someone being a condescending arsehole, because it totally isn't a toxic cult community.

quote:

Uh, they are making game mechanics? O.o

Game mechanics - nothing is done yet because the game isnt done yet
Economy - of course theres no economy yet because none of the systems to do anything economy like are in the game. Just an FYI they have a guy who has around 30-40 years as an economy expert with a masters in the stuff designing their economy system.
- Instancing, they know what they are doing
- We know what happens when you die or eject, plenty of OFFICIAL posts about this topic over the last 2 years
- the purpose is to do whatever you want, thats the point of a sandbox game
- Also PLENTY of official posts, videos, etc from devs about different mechanics, including mining, repair, transport, science etc.

Im sorry but your "concerns" fell flat on their face before you even started typing. Just because something is not in the game does not mean the devs know nothing about it or what to do about a particular subject. Also your "concerns" fell completely flat since as I said above there is PLENY of official posts and videos etc over the last 2 years that you apparently havent looked for.

They know what they are doing :colbert:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

do you guys remember when I'd post in the thread about how bad this game would be and goons would flock to the defense of the game

It wasn't even that long ago in the grand scheme of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I try to be careful because I don't want to be 'that guy' that only posts about how bad games are, because for the most part games are good

but Star Citizen is just too funny not to make fun of it

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Lowtax posted:

I love this thread and will adamantly predict it will end up as the biggest Internet "TOLD YOU SO" ever. Keep up the good fight,guys!

See you in the 'verse, citizen!!!

o7 o7 o7 o7

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/309650/suggestion-to-stop-banned-people-from-ever-returning

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEuY6-UM8VI

Please watch Derek Smart. It's incredible.

This is some good poo poo. Real good poo poo.

This was awesome! This should be archived by Reddit for the years to come!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

do you guys remember when I'd post in the thread about how bad this game would be and goons would flock to the defense of the game

I remember those days.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=193249#post431985668

EDIT: Oh god remember when I got internet mad at someone?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=193249&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post432054336

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 28, 2015

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Eonwe posted:

most of my posts were just like they are now

1. this game is poo poo
2. free kimsemus
so why has goon opinion turned on star citizen, yet kimsemus is still not free?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Rudager posted:

I like how the first reply is someone being a condescending arsehole, because it totally isn't a toxic cult community.

Croberts already mumbled and waved his hands about this issue.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I'm not exactly sure what happened with them but notably, they're a Grand Admiral ($2500).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Fearfactor

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chin posted:

I get that it's typical game dev fuckery to have what seems to be one thing actually be a tiny model projected inside the player's helmet or whatever

It's the opposite in this case. Instead of being 1/100th scale and projected inside your helmet it's 100 times larger than it appears and rendered at a distance of 10km, projected onto a laser scanned and mocapped Lesnick rear end. The jank comes from loading the rear end and then having to render it transparent.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

man what ever happened with Widestancer

Ash1138 posted:

so why has goon opinion turned on star citizen, yet kimsemus is still not free?

it is my opinion that it is fate for Kimsemus to never be freed

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Of course it LOOKS like they didn't make bad posts but that is just because we expunged any trace of their bad posts!!!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

3 days and 57 pages to go, we can do this guys!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Eonwe posted:

it is my opinion that it is fate for Kimsemus to never be freed
yet you lobby for his liberation nevertheless

the cultists wish they could imagine such devotion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

3 days and 57 pages to go, we can do this guys!

if we all shitpost very hard we can do this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

yet you lobby for his liberation nevertheless

the cultists wish they could imagine such devotion

kimsemus did nothing wrong and yet he was kicked out of EVE Goons & Goonrathi, he deserves to be freed even if he never will

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Bootcha tell us what Ortwin Freyermouth is like :allears:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"Guys I know that this is a really lovely method of fingerprinting a system but CIG doesn't have to tell people that they're doing a poo poo job they can just pretend that they're doing a good job and nobody will know."

To his credit, this guy is certainly familiar with the CIG method of doing things.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I'm not certain why every goon who was in Goonrathi, the real guild which spent thousands of real dollars on imaginary space ships in an imaginary game, have not been banished from this fine and just forum.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the planning and organization for this game has been bad imo.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like to imagine he's very much like Karl.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
my impression is that he is a really boring guy who likes money, how far off am I?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Rudager posted:

quote:

Economy - of course theres no economy yet because none of the systems to do anything economy like are in the game. Just an FYI they have a guy who has around 30-40 years as an economy expert with a masters in the stuff designing their economy system.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, who is the economist who was brought in for this?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

phosdex posted:

I've seen this mentioned a few times, who is the economist who was brought in for this?

Sandi. Her degree in economics is around here somewhere.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Literally Kermit posted:

Also hi Peter, how is tricks man

Good, I've got one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1RHnjLnyKQ

So gently caress SC :lol:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

Ah, I see the misconception.

None of this matters because they have no design document for the game.

This is normal.

Okay, well until they say something, I'm just going to imagine an idea that I like for how it should be handled. I'll then post about my own personal ideas and be mega-pissed if it doesn't turn out that way. I think I'm getting the hang of this game...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Natron posted:

Okay, well until they say something, I'm just going to imagine an idea that I like for how it should be handled. I'll then post about my own personal ideas and be mega-pissed if it doesn't turn out that way. I think I'm getting the hang of this game...

Remember to make it a poll. The developers pull all the citizens' polls every day, and incorporate the poll results into the code for the final game.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

phosdex posted:

It is the guy who gave himself brain damage when he fell asleep in his 120 degree room while mining bitcoins.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Few pages back but gently caress pc gamer as a standard reaction to gaming journalism also cig probably paid for the review anyway.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

It is the guy who gave himself brain damage when he fell asleep in his 120 degree room while mining bitcoins.

To be fair, he was clearly brain damaged before that Uh... Incident.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

+

+

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuckin lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thronde posted:

To be fair, he was clearly brain damaged before that Uh... Incident.

Hadn't heard of that before, the Human Race is amazing.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Decrepus posted:

I'm not certain why every goon who was in Goonrathi, the real guild which spent thousands of real dollars on imaginary space ships in an imaginary game, have not been banished from this fine and just forum.
As long as they don't cause trouble here, why would you banish anyone who's willing to spend money on JPGs?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCeF4GSp_eI

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Man, you sperged out just as hard on those guys as i do on the "Vanilla wow was best wow" crowd... and friends. But at least Vanilla WoW was an actual game. With millions of people paying millions of dollars to actually play in a game that actually existed.

Also: Still glad you managed to get out of everything. I still have my suspicions that your actually Chris Roberts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

yep, pretty much what I figured.

• Locked thread