Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

My brain can't decide which part of that should make it break.

My brain can't decide how to read past the first two sentences.

A defense mechanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just saw this

:shrug:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hope you all enjoyed Star Wars when it was an occasion and not something Disney is going to wear the hell out over the next 10 years.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hope you all enjoyed Star Wars when it was an occasion and not something Disney is going to wear the hell out over the next 10 years.

I can just ignore the interim movies, like I ignored Ep II.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If this means I finally get some movies of Anakin/Obi Wan just being Cool Dudes going on Jedi missions, then sign me pu

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

NTT posted:

If this means I finally get some movies of Anakin/Obi Wan just being Cool Dudes going on Jedi missions, then sign me pu

That was kinda the Clone Wars cartoon.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Which got pretty okay in the end if you like Star Wars and want more. The "movie" animation test reel and the first season are trash but it gets thoroughly watchable.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

"Mmm yes, this saga about space people and their laser swords, giant bears that are also ace pilots and crack shots with crossbows, and cult hero bounty hunters is completely bereft of meaningful analysis of the class struggle and could have benefitted from a screenwriter with a thorough command of DeBord's work."

<tips fedora at person dressed as Princess Leia at Comic Con>

"M'Leia."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NTT posted:

It will be about him turning into a crazy old hermit in the desert.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

suboptimal posted:

"Mmm yes, this saga about space people and their laser swords, giant bears that are also ace pilots and crack shots with crossbows, and cult hero bounty hunters is completely bereft of meaningful analysis of the class struggle and could have benefitted from a screenwriter with a thorough command of DeBord's work."

<tips fedora at person dressed as Princess Leia at Comic Con>

"M'Leia."

Fedoras are bourgeoise affectations, tipping them is sexist, and acknowledging royalty is counterrevolutionary. Report to the guillotine.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Clone Wars spoiler: it is strongly implied that Obi-Wan pounded out a space royalty duchess lady but unlike Anakin he got it and he handled it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

It will be about him turning into a crazy old hermit in the desert.
The novel Kenobi is actually really good.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Nice to see the engineers take note of having a exposed bridge island superstructure was probably not a great design choice after losing their flagship during the Endor battle. Time to cut that off and integrate the bridge into the superstructure.

Judging by Poes wide eyed gawk of the landing bay of the ship, I'm guessing the Republic and the Resistance had absolutely no idea the First Order was producing ships that size [or Death Star 3.0]

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
holy crap what a horrible villain. waa waa something didn't go my way i'm going to have a tantrum!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit : i wonder how much mark hammel was paid for the 10 second shot

ded fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 28, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SWTOR did the whole both sides of the force are a bunch of dipshits that drag the entire galaxy into a nonstop war rather well imho

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

ded posted:

holy crap what a horrible villain. waa waa something didn't go my way i'm going to have a tantrum!!!!!!!!!!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
He was a temper tantrum throwing gently caress you dad teenage kid, and they did it well. Unlike Anakin's cringe inducing gently caress you dad-isms.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The scene from the gif just shows that so well, he does this poo poo often enough that the troopers know to gently caress off the other way. Kid has probably found a way to force-slam a blast door on the way to his quarters, too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Kylo, he's definitly a really well done character that's designed to be loathsome

quote:

Emo Kylo Ren ‏@KyloR3n Dec 25
uncle lando said my helmet made me look like a depressed lampshade and then everyone laughed and high-fived him
i hate this family so much

quote:

Emo Kylo Ren ‏@KyloR3n Dec 23
i wish more words rhymed with darth vader
I guess not every poem needs to rhyme

quote:

Emo Kylo Ren ‏@KyloR3n Dec 23
mom
please check your texts
i had a fit of extreme power and rage where i mistakenly force-crushed my retainer

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 28, 2015

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Arrath posted:

The scene from the gif just shows that so well, he does this poo poo often enough that the troopers know to gently caress off the other way. Kid has probably found a way to force-slam a blast door on the way to his quarters, too.

It's funny and then he's also literally a school shooter. I mean, he used a lightsaber, but he mass-murdered tons of his classmates at the Luke's Jedi Academy. The movie only mentions it in passing but it's pretty heavy even compared to killing Han.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

can't wait for that movie spinoff

Not the younglings

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

smertrioslol posted:

This is wonderful.

In other news, I tried reading some of the Star Wars thread in CD and holy poo poo is that a cesspool. Nothing makes goons happy.

Speaking of CD and how it's a cesspool of making GBS threads on movies for goony dumb reasons, I went into Film dump and was surprised to see a ton of hate surrounding Jurassic World as well.

Am I crazy or was that movie actually pretty good despite the terrible trailers? Most people I know really enjoyed it :shrug:

As far as non-lovely Star Wars opinions, the Book Barn Star Wars thread is for the most part pretty good for reading/discussing Star Wars stuff.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Jurassic World was a bunch of fan service, but it was fine as a popcorn flick. So what I'm saying is Ep 7 is Jurassic World.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Booblord Zagats posted:

Executor was 19km long iirc. Oh gently caress why do I have this poo poo memorized

I just thought I'd google this and check it out and holy poo poo, wookiepedia is something to behold. The page on super star destroyers is big, and then links to like 15 sub pages. SW nerds go hard.

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008

Cop gay. So What posted:

While the movie was still enjoyable and tossed out most of the prequel poo poo, the throwaway line about the new republic begs the question about what exactly the resistance is. If the Republic is supposedly back in power, why is there a resistance? Are they related to the Republic? Funded by or armed by the Republic? This was a question that needed a simple answer and it shouldn't have come from a toy box.

When they're planning the assault on Death Star 3, there's a line about how they won't be as effective without the firepower of the New Republic fleet. It's small, but it's there. It's a lot to ask that EVERY audience member be both paying attention and not dumb, but it's pretty hard to strike a good balance between "brief subtle mention because nobody cares" and having an extended shoehorned The Dark Knight style exchange of "We don't have support from the New Republic fleet because they, that is the New Republic, who are funding us and supplying us with weapons and giving us fire support from their fleet, were just completely wiped out by the First Order, the bad guys of this movie who are made of the remnants of the Empire."

Also, apparently all the First Order generals are like 30 or younger because that's just kinda what happens when you summarily execute anyone who brings you bad news.

and seriously, not nearly enough love for TR-8R in this thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's probably a deleted scene or two that deals more with the planets that got wiped out and the implications that were glossed over in the release.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Dude McAwesome posted:

I just thought I'd google this and check it out and holy poo poo, wookiepedia is something to behold. The page on super star destroyers is big, and then links to like 15 sub pages. SW nerds go hard.

You can fall into a serious time sink rabbit hole reading wookiepedia.
-

The :sperg: in me was put off by Death Star 3 and the destruction of, apparently, the entire New Republic and its military. If the First Order had a fully operational superweapon that could just destroy poo poo at will, why didn't they just do that? gently caress fighting the Resistance/Republic, just blow up their planets until they yield.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That was kinda the Clone Wars cartoon.

:black101:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Well now I want to play Republic Commando.

Red Crown posted:

It's funny and then he's also literally a school shooter. I mean, he used a lightsaber, but he mass-murdered tons of his classmates at the Luke's Jedi Academy. The movie only mentions it in passing but it's pretty heavy even compared to killing Han.

Okay you're probably right, I'd just assumed that he'd betrayed the school's location to the First Order and they wiped it out or he'd sabotaged the defenses so they could blow it up. I mean, still bad but not personally cutting every fellow student down. But thinking about it he idolizes Vader so much he'd probably do exactly the same thing before he dons the mask.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Why do they call him TR-8R when that's his line, not like, you know

He's not a loving pokemon

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008

Zeris posted:

Why do they call him TR-8R when that's his line, not like, you know

He's not a loving pokemon

SP1N-M4573R was too long.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Arrath posted:

Well now I want to play Republic Commando.

Okay you're probably right, I'd just assumed that he'd betrayed the school's location to the First Order and they wiped it out or he'd sabotaged the defenses so they could blow it up. I mean, still bad but not personally cutting every fellow student down. But thinking about it he idolizes Vader so much he'd probably do exactly the same thing before he dons the mask.

Reminder Anakin murdered a bunch of little kids at the height of his biggest temper tantrum.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
anakin skywalker is adam lanza

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

anakin skywalker is adam lanza

see anakin didn't die a virgin though

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Heres Hank posted:

He'll always be FN-B4D455 to me.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Stultus Maximus posted:

He'll always be FN-B4D455 to me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Heres Hank posted:

how bout H0T-R0D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

see anakin didn't die a virgin though

:boom:

• Locked thread