Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

if you are on the round table the mods literally can't do anything to you apparently, so if you say 'human being' and tell people you are going to gently caress them in 'their gay boypussy' then a mod literally cant do anything about it

Now I double wish I would have been on the round table, I wouldn't have squandered the position -- I would have used my diplomatic immunity to shitpost to the max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Attn thread readers: The Round Table, e.g. the team of highest quality testers (lol), hand picked by SI, is who we're talking about here.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Attn thread readers: The Round Table, e.g. the team of highest quality testers (lol), hand picked by SI, is who we're talking about here.

Their testing has been so great to this point that I completely understand them having complete immunity to do whatever they want. :si:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

Their testing has been so great to this point that I completely understand them having complete immunity to do whatever they want. :si:

With the gems being produced this beta cycle, my only hope is that they're kept around for release to continue to dazzle and amaze! :si:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Whilst in a blue dungeon in a yellow zone, we stumbled across some aggressive folks. After we battled ~6 vs. 6 for approximately five rounds, everyone's gear was broken and we decided to take the long walk back to town.

They stayed flagged. They did not have a very good time when exiting the dungeon.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

2DCAT posted:

WTF. SI makes some dumb decisions, but this is just.... I mean....

:si:

Elsa is a nice poster but horrifically stupid. SI moreso for making her a mod.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

if you are on the round table the mods literally can't do anything to you apparently, so if you say 'human being' and tell people you are going to gently caress them in 'their gay boypussy' then a mod literally cant do anything about it

What is "the round table"?

Edit - Nevermind, should've read above. That's super dumb, SI should be more strict with those people.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
The round table consists of the most popular forum posters/leadership/testquads of the most zergy poopsockingest guilds from previous alphas.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

What is "the round table"?

Edit - Nevermind, should've read above. That's super dumb, SI should be more strict with those people.

RT is a good place to get direct information in and out to SI without scanning 1000 pages of complaints. It has worked very well with things like meteor nerf, curse nerf, GvG issues, fame, planned armor fixes, planned rezoning of red/black zones, rep system feedback.

Also goons are a part of RT and our voice gets heard there.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

RT is a good place to get direct information in and out to SI without scanning 1000 pages of complaints. It has worked very well with things like meteor nerf, curse nerf, GvG issues, fame, planned armor fixes, planned rezoning of red/black zones, rep system feedback.

Also goons are a part of RT and our voice gets heard there.

If only Kimsemus were a member; he would never have been banned...

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

2DCAT posted:

If only Kimsemus were a member; he would never have been banned...

It would still happen. People get mad about Eonwe and ban kismensus

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bait and Swatch posted:

It would still happen. People get mad about Eonwe and ban kismensus

I am honored to take a forum bullet for Dear Leader Eonwe. :toot: I regret I have but one forum account to give.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Stormgale posted:

They were not overpriced at the time but sure, i'll take them down today after work.

I haven't been on just because work means I can't join your late night roams and that takes alot of the point of doing anything out of playing

Gimme your horses and I'll sell them for you ;)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

Gimme your horses and I'll sell them for you ;)

Nah

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Cartouche posted:

Elsa is a nice poster but horrifically stupid. SI moreso for making her a mod.

Why do you think she is horrifically stupid? Aren't all pubbies stupid?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

The round table consists of the most popular forum posters/leadership/testquads of the most zergy poopsockingest guilds from previous alphas.

Er. Popular forum Posters? I don't think so... I am the most popular forum poster and I didn't get invited.... and for the record I think @kimsemus should have been on the RT from the get go... Bbercilak's excuse was that our guild was smaller than Vendetta therefore we only got two people in the RT but if we could have had 3, Kimsemus should have been on it.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Tempus Thales posted:

To be fair, the stupid bat hit a few goons as well as the pubbies. $10 does not buy one intelligence.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tempus Thales posted:

Goons are just pubbies who paid $10

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Tempus Thales posted:

Er. Popular forum Posters? I don't think so... I am the most popular forum poster and I didn't get invited.... and for the record I think @kimsemus should have been on the RT from the get go... Bbercilak's excuse was that our guild was smaller than Vendetta therefore we only got two people in the RT but if we could have had 3, Kimsemus should have been on it.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
and good shitposters

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

Goons are just pubbies who paid $10

I actually have been giving contemplation to this recently, I think there can be a flimsy argument that can be made that states the difference between a goon and a pubbie is that yes, we paid $10 to post on a comedy forum, but we can also be banned at any time for being stupid, so that $10 is basically a statement that says we are willing to pay money to try to find people to spend time with on the internet that are not completely terrible.

I could be wrong, but I think there is a cultural and intellectual difference...you know. part of the time. At least 20% of the time.

That and it makes pubbies irrationally angry when we're around, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 29, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Goons in games have a few long standing trolls but by far my favorite is when a guild membership page gets set up and I can convince people I pay for platinum membership because the free gear and contracted Chinese leveling services are such a great deal. Finish it off with "time is money, the money I spend to save time on this game let's me do the fun stuff you haven't gotten to yet and to also earn more money than you as well" and there's just so many ways it pisses off pubbies. Everyone gets mad about it somehow.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I actually have been giving contemplation to this recently, I think there can be a flimsy argument that can be made that states the difference between a goon and a pubbie is that yes, we paid $10 to post on a comedy forum, but we can also be banned at any time for being stupid, so that $10 is basically a statement that says we are willing to pay money to try to find people to spend time with on the internet that are not completely terrible.

I could be wrong, but I think there is a cultural and intellectual difference...you know. part of the time. At least 20% of the time.

That and it makes pubbies irrationally angry when we're around, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

I paid $10 so I could post in Photoshop Phriday threads. You paid because you thought it would allow access to better posters? Holy crap dude.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I paid $10 so I could play warhammer online with goons

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I paid $10 so I could play warhammer online with goons

We are all

j

g

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

FireWhizzle posted:

We are all

j

g

I joined to ask synthorange questions about fish . I am j4synthorange

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Any goon want to buy my legendary pack for $85? Assuming the email can be changed?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I joined to post about esco and pele. Poor stupid oddjob, i hope the vortex was worth it (god no).

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Any goon want to buy my legendary pack for $85? Assuming the email can be changed?

I considered doing the same, but could not figure out how to change the email/password.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

I too am excited to play albion with the fine users of tumbler who paid $10 to read the dangon ronpa lets play.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anal Papist posted:

I too am excited to play albion with the fine users of tumbler who paid $10 to read the dangon ronpa lets play.

Eh probably more fun to hang around with than most goons.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I think most would agree that folks who paid $10 to post on the internet are idiots.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Holyshoot posted:

I'll pay $50

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

I'll pay $50

$70 and we got a deal.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Holyshoot posted:

$70 and we got a deal.

$60

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Wow RMT alert :frogsiren:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Cartouche posted:

I paid $10 so I could post in Photoshop Phriday threads. You paid because you thought it would allow access to better posters? Holy crap dude.

I paid :10bux: to view the site because I got tired of losing access like a casual scrub.

I also paid to poo poo up the forums and I'm doing a fantastic job but it's still better posts than the average around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

ThndrShk2k posted:

I paid :10bux: to view the site because I got tired of losing access like a casual scrub.

I also paid to poo poo up the forums and I'm doing a fantastic job but it's still better posts than the average around here.

cuck imgay fart goku :gas:

• Locked thread