Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I always liked their honest radio wars better. They got in one with JV & Elvis here via regular radio and XM. I was working on a car at my old jobs remote location, and my truck has XM.

Here's the whole thing in painstaking detail.

Basically, JV & Elvis were dumping out and blaming O&A, and with both stations on you could hear it in real time. It was loving amazing to see the hack radio tactics play out like that. Plus the bonus of being a really funny war with pests and dick pictures and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Radio wars were great, except when Opie would do his loud fake laugh thing whenever somebody would hurt his feelings by calling him a board op.

From start to finish the best one was definitely Maxwell. Is he still working somewhere?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
My favorite will always be anything Scott and Todd just because of how it all played out. The Scott phone-in and former intern interview was the perfect conclusion to the whole thing. I love that Scott is STILL kicking rear end in the ratings and Todd is failing miserably.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It was funny when they bashed Mancow too because it led to Anthony calling in to his show and loving up completely.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The best 'wars' were always the natural ones. I always liked them going over the news, either TV or headlines, and coming across something some hacky show was doing and just railing on it for an hour. There was one with some poo poo hacky show in chicago or something that I remember being really funny though I can't find it anymore.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sankis posted:

The best 'wars' were always the natural ones. I always liked them going over the news, either TV or headlines, and coming across something some hacky show was doing and just railing on it for an hour. There was one with some poo poo hacky show in chicago or something that I remember being really funny though I can't find it anymore.

Eric and Kathy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AIXj9rUxk

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

You mean Urrk?

Edit: Holy poo poo, I missed the combo of (dark) sound effects leading into the reading rainbow sound effects. loving beautiful. :neckbeard:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Oh poo poo. That's one of them!

I think I may be conflating two shows.

The one I remember had two guys and a girl. One of the guys played the laid back bro sort of character and the other guy played the uptight professional. I distinctly remember one of the breaks they made fun of had the second guy talking about wearing a suit to work.

It was a really horrid show.

Converse41
Dec 17, 2004

Sankis posted:

The one I remember had two guys and a girl. One of the guys played the laid back bro sort of character and the other guy played the uptight professional. I distinctly remember one of the breaks they made fun of had the second guy talking about wearing a suit to work.

I think you're talking about Rob, Arnie, and Dawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4XEdpOOYg

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Converse41 posted:

I think you're talking about Rob, Arnie, and Dawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4XEdpOOYg

You're right. That's it.

Also I just looked it up and they're still going except arnie left so now it's "Rob, anybody, and Dawn."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That Bobo video is sickening:(

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Keg posted:

From start to finish the best one was definitely Maxwell. Is he still working somewhere?

No.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That Bobo video is sickening:(

It's fun getting to watch Anthony role play as his dad, though. You can actually see the abusive behavior being perpetuated.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I never thought of Anthony being basically in a father role with Bobo, but now I can't unsee it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

First Twitter, then Periscope. Which app do you guys think is next to further reveal the shittiness of Anthony Cumia? SnapChat? Something not even invented yet?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

First Twitter, then Periscope. Which app do you guys think is next to further reveal the shittiness of Anthony Cumia? SnapChat? Something not even invented yet?
eagerly awaiting Anthony Cumia's VR-DV Simulator 2016 for the Oculus Rift

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Wild card: Ant's own drone that will inevitably film his death while hovering over his pool.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Hopefully not like Gatsby. :ohdear:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

Hopefully not like Gatsby. :ohdear:
more like R. Budd Dwyer

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Sankis posted:

didn't they do one of these once where it was two guys and a girl, only the girl was hilarious and one of the guys was the hole?

I feel like there was

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So Anthony did a live show yesterday I guess, how'd that go?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

didn't they do one of these once where it was two guys and a girl, only the girl was hilarious and one of the guys was the hole?

I feel like there was

Dunno about the girl being hilarious, but they did mention here that the "guy was the hole, and the hole was the guy". Is this who you meant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snkRlo4A1Jk

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

T Bowl posted:

Luis J Gomez and Dave Smith were with him. He said he's very confident about his case, but cannot discuss any details of what happened (yet). So he just talked about his experience of being in jail for most of the show. Dave and Luis want to setup dating profiles for Ant on older women sites, and were begging him to at least start dating hot 30+ year olds.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Older women AKA actual adults

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015

jerkstoresup posted:

Luis J Gomez and Dave Smith were with him. He said he's very confident about his case, but cannot discuss any details of what happened (yet). So he just talked about his experience of being in jail for most of the show. Dave and Luis want to setup dating profiles for Ant on older women sites, and were begging him to at least start dating hot 30+ year olds.

I hope his confidence means that The Compound's security cameras picked up something that could work in his favor.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Well, in random O&A-related news, Chris Davis's YouTube was suspended, he hosted all those great Nopie shows that are now gone from YouTube again. Sigh.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Goddamn it I had literally made it a point of downloading a few last night

goddamn it >=(

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

T Bowl posted:

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Morter posted:

Goddamn it I had literally made it a point of downloading a few last night

goddamn it >=(

https://archive.org/details/OpieAnthonyNopie2

https://archive.org/details/OpieAnthonyNopie343209

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

Well, in random O&A-related news, Chris Davis's YouTube was suspended, he hosted all those great Nopie shows that are now gone from YouTube again. Sigh.
In before Opie secretly has all Anthony videos pulled by his lawyer so he can get on a squeaky clean morning zoo and begin his viral empire

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Saw this game on sale on Steam and instantly thought of Chris' Army Man voice.

DO IT!

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Honestly I've been listening to these and the show really was much better without Opie.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

iroguebot posted:

Honestly I've been listening to these and the show really was much better without Opie.

The best shows they ever did with Opie were the AFRO shows, mainly because Ronnie B is gonna own any room he's in, but also because back then Opie was smart enough to know he wasn't funny.

Op's main funny quality was his unbridled rage episodes, like jumping on cakes, breaking pinball machines, anything where he could be honestly angry in a surprising and awkward spot. It was something no one else in radio was doing, and those moments are almost all comedy gold.

Along the way he decided to be more stable for his family, which is understandable, but it also undercut the only comedy he brought to the show.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 23, 2015

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

VikingSkull posted:

anything where he could be honestly angry in a surprising and awkward spot

Wouldn't call it awkward, but I liked this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=semP482u56c

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Can we talk about the unintentional comedy that was Steve Carlesi? Every single thing he did lent itself to comedy gold at his expense. It's so sad what happened to him. :( "What am I doing? You're in MY loving house!"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I guess it rains down in Africa :shrug:

Apoplexy posted:

It's so sad what happened to him. :(

Tha...that's terrible, I'm sorry.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME CUM! EVEN IF YOU GIVE ME LIBERTY, I'D LIKE SOME CUM!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Did they ever say why he killed himself? He had just gotten married to a girl out of his league and had a kid right? Was he not able to find a job after being released?

This whole topic has been pretty hush hush

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Did they ever say why he killed himself? He had just gotten married to a girl out of his league and had a kid right? Was he not able to find a job after being released?

Holy poo poo, I thought it was a stomach issue...This is making me think otherwise.

That really is terrible. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

He actually did a podcast a few months before his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnstUMrgLQ

You can draw your own conclusions from his decision to hang himself on his first wedding anniversary.

• Locked thread