Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Don't worry, my sister's fine.

Is she in the Blue Man Group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I've seen green and yellow drunk, blue drunk (with stars) is a new one.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have made the thread for a play by post game of the K6BD RPG in The Game Room, for those of you who were interested.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

I am interested as hell.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Triple update! kind of

I bet Incubus' physical body isn't looking so hot, and that's why he never shows up to meetings in person.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, hello there. Fancy meeting you here.

I guess someone has figured out that Zaid's not the Successor. Unfortunately it's one of the people the Successor should be killing and thus he's likely going to try to steer her towards taking out his competition to his benefit. And he's been aware of her for a while now, apparently. That's interesting. Especially since Earth's gate is in Mottom's territory, so apparently Incubus has been keeping an eye on her section of things. I wonder why none of the others noticed her.

Also wow, she's only been dating Zaid for three weeks? Not even a full month and she's on a dimension-spanning quest to rescue him, wow.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 30, 2015

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
“Do not jest with the laughing god, for his mirth is more brittle than a fingernail”
-Folk Saying

I suppose we have Sheogorath to go along with Vivec for Elder Scrolls inspirations.

e: ok what the hell happened to the :dio: smilie.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 30, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

“Do not jest with the laughing god, for his mirth is more brittle than a fingernail”
-Folk Saying

I suppose we have Sheogorath to go along with Vivec for Elder Scrolls inspirations.

e: ok what the hell happened to the :dio: smilie.

:regd10:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Incubus still thinks that she's going to give the key to Zaid, though.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

MikeJF posted:

Incubus still thinks that she's going to give the key to Zaid, though.

Nah, he thinks she'll be easier to steer, so he's going to aim her away from that. He might also be relying on it being a dream to cloud his trail. I think he'll try and use her against Jaganoth, because if Mottom goes down they might not be able to balance against him.

I wonder whether he would surrender if things go poorly enough?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think all of the demiurges - at least all of the ones with any brains - will try to get Allison on-side against the others. They can see the writing on the wall, they know their time has come, but if they play their cards right some might still come out on top.

Of course, that's up to Kill Six Billion Demons.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenebrais posted:

I think all of the demiurges - at least all of the ones with any brains - will try to get Allison on-side against the others. They can see the writing on the wall, they know their time has come, but if they play their cards right some might still come out on top.

Of course, that's up to Kill Six Billion Demons.

Well, some see it; Jadis made the prophecy of their destruction in the first place, and Mottom said they're all waiting to die so she seems to expect the Successor to destroy them as well, but Solomon David was dismissive of the whole thing and is likely too proud to acknowledge that he needs Allison. Jagganoth, given how stupidly powerful he is, likely won't bow down easily either. Gog-Agog is unpredictable and Mammon is a mystery, so who knows what they'll pull.

I wonder if Jagganoth is going to go down early on or be the last one taken out; given how strong he is he seems like "final boss" material, but apparently it takes the combined strength of the other six to keep him in check, so if even one (probably Mottom, but who knows) dies he could decide he's in charge now and go on a rampage, making him a problem that needs to be taken out immediately.

And then if he dies, what chaos rises up next now that the invincible monstrosity is dead...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this billy idol looking deva motherfucker seems trustworthy to me

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So none of the other demiurges know that Zoss was killed? Hmm, wonder if Incubus was the one who found him and set up a deal with the Thorn Knights to kill him off.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

paranoid randroid posted:

What a funny way to spell out David Bowie.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

So none of the other demiurges know that Zoss was killed? Hmm, wonder if Incubus was the one who found him and set up a deal with the Thorn Knights to kill him off.

none of the other demiurges are willing to let each other know they know Zoss is dead

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Roland Jones posted:

Also wow, she's only been dating Zaid for three weeks? Not even a full month and she's on a dimension-spanning quest to rescue him, wow.
It's like the decent thing to do, plus this is the best excuse to "reluctantly" go on a multiverse-spanning adventure chopping dudes up and learning magic.

"oh why i'm here? yeah i'm uh, going to rescue a friend of mine...zack...or something. anyway show me that thing with the pierced stone and the bottles again"

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

ElMaligno posted:

It turns out K6BD is actually the world's most metal Labyrinth fan fiction.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Autonomous Monster posted:

It turns out K6BD is actually the world's most metal Labyrinth fan fiction.

...and I'm okay with that.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

So if I'm reading the rules right, as a Boss you can basically play as the actual Sicilian mafia if you want?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Gotta say that for being a few (hundred) millennia old, (Dream) Incubus still looking fine :swoon:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Well, he isn't Gerontocubus, is he now.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Archenteron posted:

Gotta say that for being a few (hundred) millennia old, (Dream) Incubus still looking fine :swoon:

Even so I feel like if a dude shows up in your dream and says his name is Incubus that has to set off some alarm bells

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if a guy shows up with red eyes, his shirt unbuttoned to his belt and saying his name is Incubus, the correct response is to call literally all the police

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

atomicthumbs posted:

So if I'm reading the rules right, as a Boss you can basically play as the actual Sicilian mafia if you want?

Or Fagin, or the leader of a mercenary company.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Laffo if you don't make the three stooges

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator

if a guy shows up with red eyes, his shirt unbuttoned to his belt and saying his name is Incubus, the correct response is to call literally all the police

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"what you don't know yet is that you want this"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Tollymain posted:

"what you don't know yet is that you want this"

I think that's when it graduates from "Police" to "mega city judges"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm not entirely up on my incubus lore, but isn't this where you wake up pregnant with a hellspawn?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

ElMaligno posted:

Somehow my thoughts went in a different direction.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
uhhhh hey baby

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
“Only an insect expects a giant to watch his step.”

-Folk saying

Edit: Oh wow the runoff from Mottom's palace is spilling out right onto that city. That saying applies to so many aspects of this update.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 3, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Well, I guess there's a reason they're called the Scoured Worlds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doesn't look like the fruit grow there any more. Surprised she hasn't dropped this world and started going to one she hasn't ruined yet instead. If there are any.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Doesn't look like the fruit grow there any more. Surprised she hasn't dropped this world and started going to one she hasn't ruined yet instead. If there are any.

She has 111,111 of them. As long as she paces herself (not a guarantee for the demiurge of Gluttony) they'll grow back by the time she makes her way back around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I dread to think of what Incubus' worlds look like.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I dread to think of what Incubus' worlds look like.
that white zombie music video from the beavis and butthead movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's nice to see Cio without a perpetual scowl on her face.