Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Crabtree posted:

It could have been a lot worse if the characters weren't good and the execution of their actions wasn't this good. I'm very happy whoever translated and original wrote this game both knew what they were doing.

Also gently caress Chapter 3's Bosses, what quartz or sub item equipment set up do I need to best handle that second flute monster outside of just grinding levels and healing items?

Oh right, and is there something I'm doing wrong or does the game like to crash on the VITA when playing battle cards on the train?

It's not particularly hard once you notice a certain factor. Just use a bunch of AoEs to kill the small spiders along with doing damage to the boss. It'll burn turns summoning more repeatedly. I actually had more difficulty with the soldiers than it, and had burned all my S-Crafts on them. Arts are your friend - use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I've had it freeze a couple of times, but it always fixed itself after a bit.

Must be the game punishing me for trying to load back and try to rack up some victories on an inconsequential card game that loves to dick you over in draws. It would just crash several times trying to start up a card battle specifically after going back to a previous load before the match, but the hard crashes to the vita screen would stop after a few minutes. I'll just eat some bullshit losses for those 50 friend points now.

Weird that everyone is using the same Emma, Blondie and Millum set up with Rean. Was grinding everyone up to 35 and to get Millium's Aegis to 4 so I guess I'll just spam and build up on arts as those spiders sure as poo poo drop a lot of EP ups.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The secret to Blade is that whoever goes first loses.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
The real secret to Blade is "who the hell cares, you don't get anything for winning anyway."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

The real secret to Blade is "who the hell cares, you don't get anything for winning anyway."

I get to show that loving stuck-up son of a bitch who the real master of card games is.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Save your highest card and a bolt/mirror, use the b/m second last then your highest card. As long as you can get to that point you'll win

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
So, I thought Silver Will was good but drat, I can't stop listening to Don't be defeated by a friend now.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Death Priest posted:

So, I thought Silver Will was good but drat, I can't stop listening to Don't be defeated by a friend now.

Welcome to Falcom video games, I guess?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Crabtree posted:

Must be the game punishing me for trying to load back and try to rack up some victories on an inconsequential card game that loves to dick you over in draws. It would just crash several times trying to start up a card battle specifically after going back to a previous load before the match, but the hard crashes to the vita screen would stop after a few minutes. I'll just eat some bullshit losses for those 50 friend points now.

Weird that everyone is using the same Emma, Blondie and Millum set up with Rean. Was grinding everyone up to 35 and to get Millium's Aegis to 4 so I guess I'll just spam and build up on arts as those spiders sure as poo poo drop a lot of EP ups.

The trick to that is that you talk to them before challenging them again. For some reason or another, it unbreaks it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'm honestly kinda confused by all this. I have not had a single crash the entire time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress you Sera and Professor Soldier Man, hang out with Thomas. You make me be friends with a bunch of anime people but you won't go drinking with some lonely dork?! :mad: loving Hypocrites.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Supremezero posted:

I'm honestly kinda confused by all this. I have not had a single crash the entire time.

Pretty sure it only comes up when you:
1) Save in the train.
2) Play someone at Blade and lose.
3) While still in Blade, quit and reload the game.
4) Challenge the person you previously challenged and lost to.

If you haven't done that, it won't trigger.

Disclaimer: Some steps may not be necessary.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

someone left the save out in the rain

more importantly why would you play Blade more than once per classmate per trip, that's silly

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Really Pants posted:

more importantly why would you play Blade more than once per classmate per trip, that's silly

ImpAtom posted:

I get to show that loving stuck-up son of a bitch who the real master of card games is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Really Pants posted:

I played a bunch on the first trip because I was trying to figure out the rules.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Supremezero posted:

Welcome to Falcom video games, I guess?

Oh I've had the pleasure of knowing them for a couple of years now. It's just that this one really just hits the right chords for me.

Even just had the pleasure of hearing it while I delightfully went about acing chapter's 3 practical exam. Chapter 3 Those noble brats had it coming.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god, Neithardt, you loving masculinity obsessed goon.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

man this game doesn't look so hot on the ps3. oh well, faster load times are worth it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

man this game doesn't look so hot on the ps3. oh well, faster load times are worth it

I thought it looked pretty much the same as it did on the Vita

The load times being like a second faster really makes a difference though

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I cannot express how much I've missed Bleublanc's riddle quests, even if the optional ones were painfully obtuse sometimes. I am now a very happy person.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Beat Trails of Cold Steel

Thank goodness I don't have to wait as long for the next one to come out!

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level
Man, one thing I really dig about this game is how the other NPC students have their own lives and stories to follow as the game goes on. I'm actually enjoying going around on my free day talking to everyone, because now I'm interested to see how the small plotlines advance.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wth C's S-craft literally one shots my entire party. i call shenanigans on this

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Cake Attack posted:

wth C's S-craft literally one shots my entire party. i call shenanigans on this

At the end of Chapter 6 or the one before that? C was probably one of the harder fights in the game for me, my strategy to his S-Craft kills everyone strategy was to just spam my own before he got it off.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

haha you can take infinite turns with chrono burst if you have the EP charges to support it. I no longer have boss troubles

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Erg posted:

I thought it looked pretty much the same as it did on the Vita

The load times being like a second faster really makes a difference though
I'm assuming it does look the same, which is the problem? Presumably like a handheld game blown up to 1080p or whatever. I dunno what version came first but if it went Vita->PS3 I could see there being some issues. That said wasn't it supposed to also feature high resolution art and text assets similar to what TitS on Steam got?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is it possible to win against the very last boss of Chapter 5's field study? I got this weird glitch(?) where we swung on each other for a few turns, then I hit an S-Break and suddenly it faded into a cutscene with the kids all standing around going "UGGHHH WHAT POWERRRRR" and the boss going "HEH."

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 31, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
All this talk in chapter 5 about the nature of military is a bit jarring considering that not long after this Garellia fortress gets turned into Garellia crater.

Which is probably the point, I suppose.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

... was this Hashed Beef originally Curry.

Because it looks an awful lot like Curry.

XSEED, you aren't doing a Jelly Donut here, are you?
hashed beef is a dish that is similar to but not exactly curry. it is also called hayashi rice

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Yeah, I found that when I looked. I knew the Japanese name, but not that the english name for it was that.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Why are you people so bad at spoilers? This isn't helpful. Stop being dummies and put text outside so we know if we should mouse over your dumb dumb spoilers or not

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Levantine posted:

Why are you people so bad at spoilers? This isn't helpful. Stop being dummies and put text outside so we know if we should mouse over your dumb dumb spoilers or not

You should look at what you posted, then think about how you just posted it, because it's pretty fuckin hilarious.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's the joke

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Is it possible to win against the very last boss of Chapter 5's field study? I got this weird glitch(?) where we swung on each other for a few turns, then I hit an S-Break and suddenly it faded into a cutscene with the kids all standing around going "UGGHHH WHAT POWERRRRR" and the boss going "HEH."

who is this against again?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

who is this against again?

I'm talking about the fight against Comrade C. I think it's C? The wannabe Sith Lord. He didn't even do much of anything; I think Fie got hit once for like 300 damage, and then it went into that cutscene like he'd just kicked everyone's asses. That's what made me wonder if it got glitched for me.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

I'm talking about the fight against Comrade C. I think it's C? The wannabe Sith Lord. He didn't even do much of anything; I think Fie got hit once for like 300 damage, and then it went into that cutscene like he'd just kicked everyone's asses. That's what made me wonder if it got glitched for me.

You don't fight Comrade C in chapter 5.

Do you mean chapter 4?

... which I suppose is chapter 5 if you count the Prologue as Chapter 1?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:downs: I was almost right

four of one, half-ten of another

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah that fight is supposed to go like that.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zaggitz posted:

You should look at what you posted, then think about how you just posted it, because it's pretty fuckin hilarious.

Cake Attack posted:

that's the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
What does AP give you in this game? Is it exactly like Bracer Rank? I tend not to NG+ too many games so I like to get it right first try if it's worthwhile, otherwise I'll ignore it.