Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lookin' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

Home Of The Hottest WADs On The Net

say hi to jojo. he's a hound mix, and he's got a serious love for chicken.

newmans_owned fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 26, 2015

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Someone locally is advertising this dog for rehoming and calls it a Boston terrier mix. What do you guys think?

I can see Boston coloring but he really doesn't look Boston shaped to me, especially in the ears and face. He's 5 years old and weighs 25 pounds. I'm seeing maybe chihuahua, maybe pug? Owners say he is very sweet with both people and animals, and reading between the lines I would guess he's very clingy, because they say they're "not home enough" and he needs a family who will be home with him a lot.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Yeah I'd guess chi/pug. Looks like a nice doggy. Toy breeds are companion dogs, so yeah, they like being around you.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

OMG. She's positively gorgeous.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
thank you!

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Local shelter just got this little guy in. He's a beagle/German shepherd cross. :allears:

LucasMedaffy
Oct 18, 2000

newmans_owned posted:

say hi to jojo. he's a hound mix, and he's got a serious love for chicken.

LucasMedaffy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 7, 2022

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

thank you!

from my understanding he was originally bred for hunting - whoever bred him made sure he's got an distinctive white face and tail, giving him much more visibility at night so that whoever is with him can see him. my mom also loves his brindle coat color a lot.

his transition to a much more comfortable home life was smooth, though. he's easily one of my best friends.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Found this little mongrel wandering near the street, eventually followed her as she made a beeline for the nearest dumpster. Couldn't take her in, so I drove her to the shelter. They asked if I would see if any of my friends wanted a dog (There's a grace period for allowing a possible owner to claim her, but we both had doubts anybody would). It would help a little if I could describe what she was. What do you think? German Shepherd mix maybe? Shelter worker had no idea.

(Also, if anyone's in Austin and is interested in her, I can post her shelter ID number)

I'm not sure how much Nature's Miracle I will need to get the smell out of my car, but it will be worth it to see this sweetie find a good home.

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 15, 2015

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Looks a lot like my old german shepherd/black lab mix aside from being a lot more blocky in the face. Maybe shar pei?

Would totally steal that dog if I lived in Austin, thanks for helping her out.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Yeah, I'm thinking German Shepherd/Lab is the most likely choice. I suspect German Shepherd/Pit Bull is also a possibility, but since the shelter in Austin is already overrun with pits, I'd rather not put that label on her if I'm not sure that's what she is.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Wildeyes posted:

Found this little mongrel wandering near the street, eventually followed her as she made a beeline for the nearest dumpster. Couldn't take her in, so I drove her to the shelter. They asked if I would see if any of my friends wanted a dog (There's a grace period for allowing a possible owner to claim her, but we both had doubts anybody would). It would help a little if I could describe what she was. What do you think? German Shepherd mix maybe? Shelter worker had no idea.

(Also, if anyone's in Austin and is interested in her, I can post her shelter ID number)

I'm not sure how much Nature's Miracle I will need to get the smell out of my car, but it will be worth it to see this sweetie find a good home.

GSD/American Brown Dog. Adopt her and bring her to Austin goonmeets.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Full text of a local pet sale ad:

quote:

Reason Selling: "Getting out of sheep"

Awebausch and Great Pureny

This is a great sheep watchdog.

She is 1 1/2 years old.

:allears:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

pookel posted:

Full text of a local pet sale ad:

:allears:

Akbash and Great Pyrenees? Is that what they're attempting to say?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Drum posted:

Akbash and Great Pyrenees? Is that what they're attempting to say?
I think so, yes. I'm not much of a mutt expert, but I'm not sure she really matches the description (pretty girl, though):

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I would guess anatolian shepherd mix but it could be anything! Look at that tail go. :3:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Wildeyes posted:

She looks uncannily like my little mutt, down to the little black eyebrows. Not quite as neurotic-looking, though. How big is she?

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
She's medium-sized. About the same size as my brother's (female) pit bull.

Edit: Ugh, the shelter named her "Sheryl." That's not a dog's name, that's the name of your 50-year-old aunt from Louisiana.

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 17, 2015

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

bushed jojo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

This is Jody, my parents got her from the local shelter a few weeks ago. They say 6-7 mo old. She's cute and likes to run and play with other dogs, but she takes a while to warm up to people. We haven't a clue what she is.

This is her default position.

akadajet fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 30, 2015

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

This is Moe. I got him from the SPCA a couple of months ago. Nobody can really pin down what's in him, but he loves to smell everything, and the only thing he loves more than people is food. Here he is looking at a squirrel.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bi-la kaifa posted:

This is Moe. I got him from the SPCA a couple of months ago. Nobody can really pin down what's in him, but he loves to smell everything, and the only thing he loves more than people is food. Here he is looking at a squirrel.

I could be completely off, but something about that face screams pug mix to me.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Yeah, he looks like a Boston mutt to me. Boston/JRT is a pretty common mix. Probably a bit more mutty than a straight mix, but maybe along those lines.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

a life less posted:

Yeah, he looks like a Boston mutt to me. Boston/JRT is a pretty common mix. Probably a bit more mutty than a straight mix, but maybe along those lines.

That's probably close to the truth. The thing that always throws me off is his size. He's pushing 40 pounds.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That new threat tag is the best thing.

e: dog on the way back from the vet:

Waffle Grid
Apr 22, 2009

You think someone would do that, go on the internet and lie?
:smithfrog:

She's gorgeous! Bull terrier/lab mix?

Bi-la kaifa posted:

Definitely a lot of pug in there, I can see some boxer too.

This is my mutt. She was listed as a pit bull terrier mix at the shelter but my personal guess is that she's staffordshire bull terrier mixed with a whippet. She's got a pit bully face and is low to the ground (knee height)... but she's only 27lbs at 8 months old and I don't think she's getting any bigger. You can see in some of the pictures that she's pretty well muscled. Her back arches a lot near her bum, she has a bit of a barrel chest, and aside from her giant thick neck she's quite slim, although you can't see that very well from the photos. Ideas on what she is? Also, sorry not sorry for the photo dump, I need to share her adorableness with the world.

Sometimes we go out and she finds something she loves, like this stick. She'll then run and run and run until she gets home to chew on it. I don't know what was so special about this stick in particular, but...

MUST RUN HOME

Delicious stick.

Mid sneeze.

Nap time

anaaki
Apr 2, 2008

Bi-la kaifa posted:

My guess is boxer mix, with the shape of the muzzle and the brindle colors.

Here is Dynamite. He's 3.5 years old. We adopted him from our local county shelter last month. He came home at 105 lbs and has lost some weight. I'm thinking he's around 90-95 lbs now. Rottie/lab? What do you think? My husband thinks he's ugly.

anaaki fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 8, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Waffle Grid posted:

She's gorgeous! Bull terrier/lab mix?

Her mum was a Bull Arab, dad was bull terrier/ridgeback. No lab afaik.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is papi, he's a chihuahua mixed with something else. He's a rescue so we don't know what that is however:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
This sweet-looking guy showed up as "near me" on Petfinder. Sadly, he's a few hundred miles away and across the Canadian border. He's half golden retriever, half St. Bernard.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Here's my sister's mystery mutt who likely has a good amount of Chow in the mix. His name is Charlie. She's had him for about 3 months. Holy gently caress guys it's really tough to photograph black dogs.

And here he is with Cohen for maximum dog embarrassment.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

pookel posted:

This sweet-looking guy showed up as "near me" on Petfinder. Sadly, he's a few hundred miles away and across the Canadian border. He's half golden retriever, half St. Bernard.

Dont worry, if movies have taught me anything he sounds like the most perfectly-bred dog to traverse the Canadian wilderness to find you.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

pookel posted:

That looks like a good dog to snuggle up with and watch TV when it's cold and snowy and gross out.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

If he's anything like my saint bernard mix he wants to spend every waking moment out in the snow but only as long as you are outside with him. I spend so much time pleading with Major to please come back in, it's so cold.

"If you're cold, they're cold. Bring them in." I wish.

Hi_Bears
Mar 6, 2012

This is Rooney, our 2.5 year old mutt. Shelter said she was a "hound mix" and we did the genetic testing, but I don't find the results credible. It said she was 1/2 german shepherd, 1/8 collie, 1/8 chow chow, then 1/4 some combination of terriers, labs, and more german shepherd. She's only 40 pounds though and most of those breeds are bigger. I personally think she looks part corgi, and she likes to splay her legs out behind her.

Her signature look is having one ear up and one ear down. She's exceptionally friendly and smart, and has more friends than we do (people recognize her in the neighborhood but they don't recognize us if we're not with her).

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I adopted Teddy about two months ago and we are best buds. He is about one year old and the shelter called him a hound mix. I would guess that he is some mix of beagle and retriever but I am no breeds expert. He is very friendly and I could power my whole town with all the energy he has.

anotherjen
Oct 23, 2010
This is Russ:

I adopted him last week from the Humane Society. He's a "lab mix" according to them, but if you ask me he is just plain old awesome. He's 4 and about 50 lbs and thinks his job in life is to get petted and give kisses.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Russ sounds like a super good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Thread's been slow, so here's some kind of dog that was in doggy daycare with mine today. Some kind of lemur cross maybe?

Only registered members can see post attachments!