Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

LOL!!! Yeah, that was Dolvak :)

Who was the guy that deleted his whole account?

(P.S. Dolvak is a piece of poo poo imho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

quote:

to actors like Gary Oldman (best known as… I can’t even name his best performance, he is fantastic in everything he does)
Read more at http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/12/star-citizen-composer-interview-chris-roberts-is-very-hands-on-with-the-score/#PARCGucVDLdlqrdV.99

my sides.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

xanif posted:

nah he's still mod of /r/starcitizen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

xanif posted:

Kurt_M deleted his Reddit account and migrated to the RSI forums because /r/starcitizen was not enough of a hug-box.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Fatuous poster. Fatuous thread.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Did this ever get much discussion?

History doesn't repeat- it rhymes (and can't stop waving it's hands and saying "immersion".)

(Chris has a second discussion here.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3yv0x6/legends_of_game_design_1997_chris_roberts_1535/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Talking about me :

» show previous quotes
This is likely one of those people who did pledge but then quickly turned into a vocal swarm of hatred instead of wait a reasonable period of time for the game to develop. Probably better to not feed the trolls.

Im not sad saying that i dont want him on the forum or in the game at all....

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

nah he's still mod of /r/starcitizen

I know, I'm talking about someone else.

Mirificus posted:

Kurt_M deleted his Reddit account and migrated to the RSI forums because /r/starcitizen was not enough of a hug-box.

I know Kurt jumped ship in a big huff when not enough people were on his dick.

Wasn't there a guy that did some psychoanalysis of D.Smart and ended up posting a full retraction and deleting his account when it became apparent he hosed up?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
2016 isn't about design docs, it's about DREAMS.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
What a highly entertaining end to the year..

:gary:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310483/attention-scum

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

xanif posted:

Keith Elwood aka ilovecreamsoda

It all played out here

Apology/Retraction: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3puobr/retraction/

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

drat, that guy had so little staying power I almost forgot he also took a swing before chickening out completely.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

What's the story on this Jared Disco Lando guy? Every time I see him on the shows he looks like a homeless man.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Oh no they've rumbled me, they know i'm derek!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Did this ever get much discussion?

History doesn't repeat- it rhymes (and can't stop waving it's hands and saying "immersion".)

(Chris has a second discussion here.)

Even back in 1997 he was touting 16 players in a game world. He finally got around to doing it. In 2015.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

This lotax seems to be posting a lot about star citizep, does anyone else get the feeling that he and Derek Smart are the same person?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

HexDog posted:

What's the story on this Jared Disco Lando guy? Every time I see him on the shows he looks like a homeless man.

Wasn't he just some hardcore fan that pretty much kept asking for a job and CIG relented and gave him some lovely job?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lowtax posted:

2016 isn't about design docs, it's about DREAMS.

Specifically that dream where you're running but you move really slow and never actually get anywhere

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SabinBlitz posted:

Wasn't he just some hardcore fan that pretty much kept asking for a job and CIG relented and gave him some lovely job?

That would be Ben I think. Not sure about the Lando story, but I read somewhere that he was homeless or something. Or that could just be the usual Goon trolling nonsense.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh no they've rumbled me, they know i'm derek!

You're doing God's work son :tipshat:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

I don't watch that tripe. What position is that in the video?
I think you might want to watch this particular video, Derek.

On the one hand, it's so boring at times that Ben is actually falling asleep. On the other hand, there are several moments throughout when Sean says things that suggest some concerns. They're all in the second half.

TRACY: "Star Citizen will be done. Someday. Someday."

Awkward pause.

LANDO: "Hopefully."

---

Another interesting moment takes place at 55:25.

TRACY: "Yeah. I understand that we're getting a lot of crowdfunding money, and it's going well. But not THAT well. And there is a waste."

Sleepy Ben wakes up and offers a weird smile to the camera at that point.

---

A bit later.

TRACY: "Now, I don't want to go too deep-- because I don't want to say something wrong and be like called back and quoted."

LANDO: "We're already going to be called back and quoted."

(Looks like you were right, Lando- first time for everything...)

---

Tracy seems like a likable, honest guy. I hope that doesn't mark him for removal from CIG LA. He's definitely going to have to learn to guard his disclosures like a good LA employee once he relocates.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 31, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Captain Alloc | Alloc said:

[source]

» show previous quotes
I agree. The goons are just pissed that they got refunded because of Derek. And now that they see that it again was just total rear end from him they try to get a rise out of people hereExactly. They all pulled out as cig generously granted them the chance to get a refund, and now they've seen that we have 2.0 and Gary Oldman and now they can't believe their eyes.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Decrepus posted:

This lotax seems to be posting a lot about star citizep, does anyone else get the feeling that he and Derek Smart are the same person?
that sounds a lot like something Derek Smart would say... DEREK

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I don't know, Lando being so pessimistic is funny to me and redeems what a useless bumbling retard he appeared to be in the Christmas stream.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.
thank you very much mister roberto

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Battlefield 4 is an absolute masterpiece of multiplayer mayhem and is probably the best $100 I've ever spent on a game with expansions. It was crap at launch due to server stability issues and whatnot, but it is now one of the single greatest multiplayer gaming experiences of the latest 10 years.

When Chris Roberts said that Star Citizen / Star Marine would be "as good or better" than the best multiplayer FPS games out there, that was when I KNEW he was completely and utterly deluded and insane.

I just grabbed this clip at random. On the one hand, it's amazing-- a guy is in a helicopter, piloted by a friend, and he turns and fires off a missile at an approaching jet-- which he hits right as it is about to collide with them.

On the other hand, it's commonplace. This crap happens thousands of times a day and this isn't even the kind of thing that really dazzles a longtime player.

Here's another example.

Guy puts a bunch of C4 on his jet ski. Rides it up a ramp, leaps off, and when it lands near an approaching enemy tank, he triggers the C4 and blows the crap up.

What is totally commonplace and unremarkable for Battlefield 4 will not, with $500M and 10 years to develop, be created by Chris Roberts. 64 player battles with multiplayer vehicles, destructible environments, squad coordination, and countless opportunities for some of the funniest in-game griefing and most epic kills you can imagine.

No matter how much money he's given, Chris Roberts could never bring such a game to existence. That he suggested it's part of his "to do" list for Star Marine shows you how completely out of touch he is with his own game, and with the industry at large.

You've convinced me to put up with Origin and buy this shooty mans game. If I buy the premium version do I get all the DLC?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I think you might want to watch this particular video, Derek.

On the one hand, it's so boring at times that Ben is actually falling asleep. On the other hand, there are several moments throughout when Sean says things that suggest some concerns. They're all in the second half.

TRACY: "Star Citizen will be done. Someday. Someday."

Awkward pause.

LANDO: "Hopefully."

---

Another interesting moment takes place at 55:25.

TRACY: "Yeah. I understand that we're getting a lot of crowdfunding money, and it's going well. But not THAT well. And there is a waste."

Sleepy Ben wakes up and offers a weird smile to the camera at that point.

---

A bit later.

TRACY: "Now, I don't want to go too deep-- because I don't want to say something wrong and be like called back and quoted."

LANDO: "We're already going to be called back and quoted."

(Looks like you were right, Lando- first time for everything...)

---

Tracy seems like a likable, honest guy. I hope that doesn't mark him for removal from CIG LA. He's definitely going to have to learn to guard his disclosures like a good LA employee once he relocates.

Thanks for the highlights. Archived for posterity.

Sean is not the good guy you think he is. Wait to see what happens in 2016. His brother, Dan, is gone btw. He was the one that insider reports said was being threatened with deportation if he didn't snitch. He chose to quit instead.

ps: It is highly unlikely they will fire Sean, since he's a key CryTek engineer. He will probably quit instead of sitting around to be fired.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

Holy poo poo. If Sandi finds out he's even remotely saying negative things he's going to get the axe. Which is sad. He made Mechwarrior Living Legends which is superior in every way to MWO. It's just too bad it never got as popular and that "supposedly" PGI put some legal pressure on them since they own the IP right now.

Man. I miss MW:LL.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

That would be Ben I think. Not sure about the Lando story, but I read somewhere that he was homeless or something. Or that could just be the usual Goon trolling nonsense.

:lesnick: has been involved right from the start due to his wing commander stuff. Lando used to make videos for Wingman's Hangar the first community show they did, he designed some title video thing for them and managed to get in that way.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lowtax posted:

that sounds a lot like something Derek Smart would say... DEREK

Cultists don't realize we all long to be compared to Derek and when it happens it's basically like that bit in Mad Max where Joe sprays Nux in the mouth with the silver poo poo. :mediocre:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

that sounds a lot like something Lotax would say... LOWTAX

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

Thanks for the highlights. Archived for posterity.

Sean is not the good guy you think he is. Wait to see what happens in 2016. His brother, Dan, is gone btw. He was the one that insider reports said was being threatened with deportation if he didn't snitch. He chose to quit instead.

ps: It is highly unlikely they will fire Sean, since he's a key CryTek engineer. He will probably quit instead of sitting around to be fired.

just for the lols Derek, here's Jared telling DickWulf to shut up about spaceships already.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

:pcgaming: BIG NEWS FROM THE PTU :pcgaming:

Old lovely system: Select where you want to go, press LAUNCH
New improved innovative system: Choose where you want to go > Choose where you want to go > Press LAUNCH

I am so pumped right now

This is big news and goes a long way in proving the doubters that things like this couldn't be done.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus there is so much wrong in that clip it's giving me the heebie jeebies. From Ben's eyes pointing in two different directions (two meals off camera I presume). To hobo Lando being as viscerally repulsive as usual. To Wulge, I trust that needs no further elaboration.

It's a nightmare in Youtube form.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

[source]

Hey what did you guys think of chris Roberts not being able to play his own game? Was that a fun moment for you like it was for everyone else?

Of course he didnt enjoy it. He doesn't waste his time playing games, he is busy giving birth to a dream for all of us to share. Why not be a part of that?

HAAAAA!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

Jesus there is so much wrong in that clip it's giving me the heebie jeebies. From Ben's eyes pointing in two different directions (two meals off camera I presume).

To be fair to Ben I think Sandi bitchslapped him so hard his left eye popped out or something, there's a genuine reason he is a cross eyed motherfucker and we don't make fun of him for that out of respect. Respect he has earned.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Money looks down as Wulge speaks. I think he wears those baseballs caps to hide the look of disgust on his face throughout the workday

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
How did that entire video even get made? Everyone looks miserable, and I get a strong vibe that none of them thinks this game is coming out. They all look like it's the last video any of them will ever make, and the executioner is just off camera pointing at his watch.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Ok i'm finished touching the poop, gonna go wash my hands now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

You've convinced me to put up with Origin and buy this shooty mans game. If I buy the premium version do I get all the DLC?
Yeah. Plus they've added some free new DLC- old Battlefield 3 maps and "Night Maps" of existing maps in BF4. It's now like $40-- for a game that can provide hundreds of hours of laughter, amazement, and outright delight.

FWIW- I don't play Call of Duty games. Too arcady. The vehicular combat, squad coordination, and scale of environments makes Battlefield a far more strategic shooter. You'll spend the first couple of weeks agape at just how bloody epic the whole thing is- and then spend the rest of your hours laughing your rear end off and having a blast. (Unless you're protective of your K/D ratio...)

Though I have a pretty killer PC rig, I'd recommend playing it on the PS4 (if you've got one). Battlefield through Origin IS a pain in the rear end on PC; the multiplayer management on Playstation is a lot less hassle.

• Locked thread