Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Butt Ghost posted:

I remember the US reveal trailer from #FE had a "This game is anticipated to be rated Mature" thing, which I assumed would've been from Mara, but considering that Jack Frost is the only SMT thing that even appears, I wonder what they could've possibly been worrying about.

If #FE is pseudo-P4 with idols mucking around, I don't know, Sexual Themes I guess? It makes me wonder what rating the Persona games would get if everything was the same except for the artistic nudity/tiddy monsters since my understanding is that's almost all ratings boards really care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SMT games get rated mature because they have a giant green chariot-riding penis, hth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

An entire game based around demon negotiations, yay.

raidou starring in an fmv adventure game

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

We can't forget that Satan is stacked as gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

raiho starring in an fmv adventure game

Hee-Hor Story

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

:stwoon:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dang she got curves in all the right places.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know everyone always mentions Mara cause of how blatant he is, but Incubus are pretty hung too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

raidou starring in an fmv adventure game

"This ho, is un-heeing believable!"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, those aren't arms!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

prehistoric pikmin fanart

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Yeah they could've easily been rated T if not for the uhhh genital fiends

Persona 4 definitely but 3 has teens shooting themselves in the head all the time so it could go either way there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There really should've been a P3 commercial on American TV that was just one of the p3 chars shooting themselves in the head

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baal posted:

There really should've been a P3 commercial on American TV that was just one of the p3 chars shooting themselves in the head

and then Mara comes out of the exit wound

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
ESRB on why Persona 4 was rated M

quote:

This is a role-playing game in which players control a high school student who enters a mystical 'TV World, ' saves lost souls who are trapped on the 'Midnight Channel,' and establishes bonds with town characters in order to develop 'Personas.'

Personas, which are summoned through the use of tarot cards, are creatures that can perform special offensive and defensive moves to aid during battles against monsters.

Combat is turn-based with numeric values and light effects indicating attack/damage inflicted. Pixilated blood spray is briefly depicted during battles, and colored bloodstains stain some walls and floors.

Some female monsters (female Persona) are depicted with their breasts exposed, while other monsters have phallic-shaped heads and torsos. Other female Personas (e.g., "Succubus") have sexual characteristics that are described in text: "They visit sleeping men and have sexual intercourse with them."

Story elements also make references to alcohol, including a long scene in which the main characters hang out in a club and play 'drinking games.' Although alcohol is never consumed, the characters display the telltale signs of intoxication: slurred speech, staggered walking, and red faces.

Profanity (e.g., sh*t, a*shole) can be heard in the dialogue.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was the titties and dicks

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it was definitely sh*t and a*shole

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ESRB posted:

Story elements also make references to alcohol, including a long scene in which the main characters hang out in a club and play 'drinking games.' Although alcohol is never consumed, the characters display the telltale signs of intoxication: slurred speech, staggered walking, and red faces.

They're missing massive airquotes around never consumed there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
ESRB is probably a hell lot more lenient nowadays if Bravely Default, Project X Zone, and Halo 5 are rated T.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even know what's sketchy in PXZ except for the bouncing tits

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

it was definitely sh*t and a*shole

yosuke said gently caress once I think

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yosuke never says gently caress and I'll have you know he never would because he is an upstanding student

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yosuke is a gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Noted M-Rated game Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies where the weight of being a lawyer weighs upon Phoenix's shoulders and for the first time ever he says gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can gently caress teen waifus in the game

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hace posted:

yosuke said gently caress once I think

gently caress you

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

Noted M-Rated game Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies where the weight of being a lawyer weighs upon Phoenix's shoulders and for the first time ever he says gently caress.

I don't know why phoenix wright saying gently caress is so funny to me

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I made a mistake, I'm sorry

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

I don't remember that part.

I do remember when he called the courtroom a bunch of meanies.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8134195

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

We now exist in the same year that the game "Persona 5" is prophesied to be released.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's 2016, not 2015. We missed the P5 release unfortunately, so now we have to for 2015 to roll back around so we can catch it this time.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did Phoenix Wright really say gently caress

I gotta get back to that game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can confirm that Phoenix Wright does in fact say gently caress in Dual Destinies

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need hard proof of this.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's not as bad as when he calls blackquill the n-word

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I need hard proof of this.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-explains-m-rating-for-phoenix-wright-5-we-want-the-call-of-duty-audience/
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=10003597&Title=Phoenix+Wright%3A+Ace+Attorney+-+Dual+Destinies

quote:

Violence, Blood, Suggestive Themes, Language

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

:frog:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

ESRB is probably a hell lot more lenient nowadays if Bravely Default, Project X Zone, and Halo 5 are rated T.

yeah all that stuff in bravely default like...uh...the costume that was changed in america so the esrb wouldn't care and um...