Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon

Bumblefuck! posted:

He was also Mr. Alexander's bodyguard in A Clockwork Orange

Julian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The story I heard was that Lucas accused Prowse of leaking the ROTJ script. Prowse denies it, but Lucas never forgave him.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Lucas has also called Disney 'white slavers' though so not sure he's the most stable witness

quote:

Lucas had appeared upset in the interview at what Disney — which paid $4 billion for Lucasfilm in 2012 — did with the seventh instalment in the franchise.

He likened the sale to a painful break-up and complained the franchise had become too commercial in the interview with journalist Charlie Rose, part of which aired in November but which was broadcast in full last week.

"These are my kids. All the Star Wars films. I loved them, I created them, I'm very intimately involved in them," the 71-year-old said.

He added, trailing off: "I sold them to the white slavers that take these things and..."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Sorry George, you let yourself succumb to Godhood and wouldn't let anyone tell you that you could do wrong for decades, and you proved the mistake there spectacularly. You don't get to judge quality anymore, it's out of your hands now.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
On the other hand when a bunch of upper-class fuckwits tried to eminent domain some land he owned to build suburbs he one-upped them and sold it to the government to build low-income housing so he's not all bad. :shrug:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah people tend to be just that. People. That said:

Birb Katter posted:

Lucas has also called Disney 'white slavers' though so not sure he's the most stable witness

Oh so George you don't like it when someone takes a dumb fictional universe you love and makes something you find terrible with it? Do tell us more :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

President Ark posted:

On the other hand when a bunch of upper-class fuckwits tried to eminent domain some land he owned to build suburbs he one-upped them and sold it to the government to build low-income housing so he's not all bad. :shrug:

Yeah I have nothing but respect for Lucas pulling an Auntie Mame. But he still lost creative perspective years ago.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
"Bro, do you even lift?"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Moo.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Bro, do you even lift?"

Kangaroos are assholes. Not only are they rock stupid and will intentionally hop alongside your car just to attempt to headbutt their way through your doors, as well as jump into the path of your vehicle and wrecking your day, but they will also intentionally lead dogs on a merry chase to the closest watering hole, where they will straight up hold said dog under the water with those gently caress-off huge arms until the poor dog is drowned. If they don't get bored and turn around to kick the dogs head out though its arse first.

They also have a natural release of endorphins or some poo poo that allows them to take an ungodly amount of punishment with no apparent ill effect, such as being cleaned up by a truck, at which point they will hop off into the scrub to presumably die later on. The downside of this (for every creature looking to ruin the kangaroos day) is that if you find yourself fighting one for whatever stupid reason, you can stab and punch and break it as much as you want, it's still going to out-endure you because when those natural drugs kick in the fuckers don't feel pain and turn into bouncy murder machines.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

princecoo posted:

Kangaroos are assholes. Not only are they rock stupid and will intentionally hop alongside your car just to attempt to headbutt their way through your doors, as well as jump into the path of your vehicle and wrecking your day, but they will also intentionally lead dogs on a merry chase to the closest watering hole, where they will straight up hold said dog under the water with those gently caress-off huge arms until the poor dog is drowned. If they don't get bored and turn around to kick the dogs head out though its arse first.

They also have a natural release of endorphins or some poo poo that allows them to take an ungodly amount of punishment with no apparent ill effect, such as being cleaned up by a truck, at which point they will hop off into the scrub to presumably die later on. The downside of this (for every creature looking to ruin the kangaroos day) is that if you find yourself fighting one for whatever stupid reason, you can stab and punch and break it as much as you want, it's still going to out-endure you because when those natural drugs kick in the fuckers don't feel pain and turn into bouncy murder machines.

Literally every animal in Australia wants to murder you and your family.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

princecoo posted:

You can tell kangaroos are mean motherfuckers because there's one in Tekken

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

mrkillboy posted:

David Prowse doesn't care for your spoiler alerts.

Is that real?

I thought Prowse's script had him saying Obi Wan killed Luke's father so there wouldn't be any real leaks? They kept the real spoiler a secret until James Earl Jones voiced it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Are you allowed to carry a very large caliber weapon in Australia, simply for the act of getting rid of errant roos?

If no, you should have an armed revolt.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

VendaGoat posted:

Are you allowed to carry a very large caliber weapon in Australia, simply for the act of getting rid of errant roos?

If no, you should have an armed revolt.

They tried this but said revolt was put down by the emus.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stare: it honestly doesn't say if it was successful at all.

I live in a state with the sixth largest army come hunting day, for white tailed deer. Want some?

I'm sure there would be lines of volunteers.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

KittenofDoom posted:

Is that real?

I thought Prowse's script had him saying Obi Wan killed Luke's father so there wouldn't be any real leaks? They kept the real spoiler a secret until James Earl Jones voiced it.

The article's apparently real, but Prowse was probably making poo poo up for the audience (he did claim it was the plot of "Star Wars III", not Empire).

mrkillboy has a new favorite as of 10:32 on Jan 3, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KittenofDoom posted:

Is that real?

It's real, and they did do what you said - Prowse has always said he didn't discover that Vader was Anakin until TESB's premiere. However, this article dates to a point before TESB was written. As mrkillboy said, Prowse was just speculating and happened to get lucky.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In my experience, there's no such thing as mere luck.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

In my experience, there's no such thing as mere luck.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a copy of the script by your side, kid.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Bro, do you even lift?"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yo dawg, I heard you like muscles on top of muscles on top of muscles, so I got you this Kangaroo.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Something about the contrast between the music and the age/appearance of this guy, and the sheer fun he seems to be having makes me love him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06tVdb5sMu4

(or he may actually be 30 but that's what 10 years of dropping pills in Ibiza does to a person)

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

princecoo posted:

Yeah, they can make driving at night through the country terrifying, especially in area where they're really overpopulated and you get a "parade of honour" type deal with them practically lining the road. Since I've seen them venture into alpine areas a few times (hell, there's even a cross-country ski race named the Kangaroo Hoppet), I bet the worst possible situation to encounter a kangaroo would be while skiing, since they have a fondness for jumping in front of you and that'd almost certainly be fatal at high speeds.
Pictured: death traps

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Was looking for some completely-different Irish bad-assery, but stumbled upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzd2PlzG25s

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

One of the only baseball players I miss watching. His swing was so loving good. Was always cool with fans from what I remember too.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

quote:

Lucas ... complained the franchise had become too commercial
That's loving rich, coming from him.
:ironicat:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

B33rChiller posted:

That's loving rich, coming from him.
:ironicat:

Wasn't Star Wars literally made with merchandising (specifically toys) in mind, and was one of the first non-Disney movie franchises to take that
approach? And also the reason blockbuster films in general started doing likewise once they saw how profitable it was?

Like, there's being hypocritical and then there's just 100% lying or forgetting about what your creation was made to be in the first place

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

starkebn posted:

e: someone post some more badass buskers up in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

imagine this dude rocking the courtrooms 1670 style

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

starkebn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQjwkXrcUrs

Not exactly a busking performance but he used to I guess.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoldenAppel posted:

Was looking for some completely-different Irish bad-assery, but stumbled upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzd2PlzG25s

Holy poo poo. There are a couple times you can see that she's trying not to laugh but I can't blame her.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wasn't Star Wars literally made with merchandising (specifically toys) in mind, and was one of the first non-Disney movie franchises to take that
approach? And also the reason blockbuster films in general started doing likewise once they saw how profitable it was?

Like, there's being hypocritical and then there's just 100% lying or forgetting about what your creation was made to be in the first place

I want to say from word on the street that Lucas got 20th Century Fox to give him the money to make the first movie on a contract condition where the only royalties he got from the film were the merchandise ones, and they got the money from the actual film itself. At the time movies weren't making very much from merchandise (especially as this was just after the major slump of the early 70s) and Star Wars basically rewrote every single rule about blockbusters, including the blitz of toys and other products.

So, yes.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

starkebn posted:

Henri loving Herbert. Maybe not technically a busker, but still a badass. I don't understand how there's not just a crowd of people dancing in every once of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0nDhQEIdSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dh7mgyfm7g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE02JHvCEUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSyDDFlHsIY

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jan 6, 2016

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Does Dub FX count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/h...k-sponsorededit

7 months after childbirth. 12 years since a shark attack that took an arm.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

well why not posted:

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/h...k-sponsorededit

7 months after childbirth. 12 years since a shark attack that took an arm.

Thats a woman that truly loves her sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

If it had been "7 months after child birth, 8 months after shark attack," I would've just called her irresponsible