Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

CHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
CFL

gently caress it, if this is the thing from the dream, arrow-time and pray

If you're voting to use arrow-time people, then vote C. Voting BF or AF doesn't make any sense, by the time it catches us we won't be in a position to use our bow. Maybe we can activate it while fighting, but we've not done it before.

C lets us make use of our bow. We'll have to fight for longer, perhaps, but hopefully we can damage it first. We might make up for the extra minute or so that we'll lose.

drat, if they are the dream things, I can only hope that the damage they did in the dream we had was based off the idea that they were able to surprise us, or get us on their turf, and that we've levelled thing out a bit. I'd say I hope the dream was a tactic of theirs, to play up their strength and make us afraid, but I don't see us having been affected by demon dream magic.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
BHL hes obviously THE CLAW

Or Santa CLAWS because once we sac him we gonna get presents maybe

Zahrkon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 4, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Diogines posted:

Does anyone have a catch name for the demon? It does not look like it is going to monologue and tell you its name. It looks like it just wants to kill you.
PTIMM^13

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pinchy

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
B
FG

M: All balls forward, we're going to ball trance everyone.

This is pretty much the end of the line and if we don't throw everything we have at it then we're done.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

BFL

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
1A. Get as close to our men as we can.
2I. No holds barred. Arrow time and ball trance on the table and ready for use. This fight is us announcing to the wilderness that we are the predators and they are the prey. We're sending a message.
3M. Have the Balls and Gebebans stand watch. If things go south, they need to scatter.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Diogines posted:

Does anyone have a catch name for the demon? It does not look like it is going to monologue and tell you its name. It looks like it just wants to kill you.

It appears to have a giant toothy vulva for a face so anything I could possibly come up with is automatically off the table.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
How accurately can we gauge our ??? if we use arrow-time or ball trance?

Lets not have a repeat of the thing that didn't happen at Gebeb.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

If you're voting to use arrow-time people, then vote C. Voting BF or AF doesn't make any sense, by the time it catches us we won't be in a position to use our bow. Maybe we can activate it while fighting, but we've not done it before.

I am voting B and F because I think we need to use everything we have here. We're about to get surrounded by hundreds of demons, and a bunch of mighty man sized presences. Maybe we need Basscop to write in capital letters or something but...yeah.

Amazed
Dec 29, 2009

Tsyni posted:

B
FG

M: All balls forward, we're going to ball trance everyone.

This is pretty much the end of the line and if we don't throw everything we have at it then we're done.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
CHL

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Tsyni posted:

I am voting B and F because I think we need to use everything we have here. We're about to get surrounded by hundreds of demons, and a bunch of mighty man sized presences. Maybe we need Basscop to write in capital letters or something but...yeah.

I don't disagree, but that's why you need to vote C. We can't use everything if we let the thing catch up before fighting it, specifically, we can't use arrow-time, as we'll be too busy engaging it with our club.

Unless I guess Uriah tanks it and we manage to stand in the back, which is a possibility I guess :shrug:

I actually don't like the idea of Ball Trance. It'll increase the effectiveness of Uriah, Nahari and Ithma, but I don't trust what it'll leave us able to do. This thing could be full of tricks that we, specifically, might need to be aware of to counter, maybe we'll need to engage it in a test of will or something, I don't want to be flying on auto-auto-pilot.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

CHL

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010

Tsyni posted:

We haven't had any information about other mighty man sized Presences, just that the big ugly fucker has one "Between a typical Zepathan Mighty Man and Mt. Har" the rest we couldn't even detect a presence until they got close from what I'm reading.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

I actually don't like the idea of Ball Trance. It'll increase the effectiveness of Uriah, Nahari and Ithma, but I don't trust what it'll leave us able to do. This thing could be full of tricks that we, specifically, might need to be aware of to counter, maybe we'll need to engage it in a test of will or something, I don't want to be flying on auto-auto-pilot.

I don't see it affecting how we'd normally fight. I mean, this battle is going to need to be on auto-pilot for the large part anyway, there is going to be so much stuff going on. Ball trance lets everyone co-ordinate more effectively, maybe almost perfectly.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
BHM

Have snarls tell the other balls to get ready because things might be incoming.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I don't see it affecting how we'd normally fight. I mean, this battle is going to need to be on auto-pilot for the large part anyway, there is going to be so much stuff going on. Ball trance lets everyone co-ordinate more effectively, maybe almost perfectly.

Maybe, but last time we tried it we completely lost ourself, we don't retain a conscious awareness, we just fight well. I don't see us using abilities that require us to be keenly aware of what we're doing, like arrow time for example. Pretty sure if we're Ball-Tranced, we won't be making use of arrow time, or ice/fire powers if it comes to that, or anything. We'll fight well, but we'll also be sacrificing a lot of versatility.

Remember too that if we don't stop, per C, before it catches us, we have to fight it for a full minute and a half in melee. No arrow-time there, so we're banking on Uriah managing to catch up, tank it, and let us do Arrow-Time, un-tranced, and then go into Ball-trance I guess when that stops working? Letting Uriah fight without Ball-Trance for a while? I just don't know how B+use-everything is supposed to actually work in any way that makes effective use of anything.

Of course, we could very well stop, use arrow-time, shoot at it, and find out that it dodges our arrows just fine and lose any benefit, so :shrug:

E: Basically I think if we let it catch up first, we're sacrificing any real chance of using our most potent weapon, our bow, unless we get really lucky.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

AHL.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zahrkon posted:

We haven't had any information about other mighty man sized Presences, just that the big ugly fucker has one "Between a typical Zepathan Mighty Man and Mt. Har" the rest we couldn't even detect a presence until they got close from what I'm reading.

Yeah, you are right. I still think this situation is pretty bad.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, you are right. I still think this situation is pretty bad.

Oh there's no doubt its bad, but at least we've pulled them into a fight more on our terms instead of getting worn down over time. I think we may be able to get through this sans powers even though it's gonna be tight.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
CFG M Form up in front of the Gebebians to defend against the howlers who will probably get past us.

We take our arrow time shots and hopefully hurt it a bit, try to fight it for a while and then when our mighty men show up balltrance and hope for the best. I don't think this is a fight we can hold back on.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Do you keep running to your men or stop and fight?
D. Go Faster!

2. Do you want to use any... supernatural(?) powers to fight this battle?
H. No. I do not.

3. And now that you have seen the thing which is about to kill you and all of your men, do you give any new orders to Snarls to convey to your men?
L. No. No new orders to my other Balls.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

QUESTION:

Just to clarify, is the 35 ft. tall nightmare racing toward us the Presence we felt approaching from the NE?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

SKY COQ posted:

It appears to have a giant toothy vulva for a face so anything I could possibly come up with is automatically off the table.

It looks like a Hentaur.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Chantilly Say posted:

It looks like a Hentaur.

God daaaaaaaaaamn

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D
F+G
L

Right now we're the only line of defense protecting hundreds of people. If there is ever a time to let loose it's in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a horde of demons.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

There Bias Two posted:

QUESTION:

Just to clarify, is the 35 ft. tall nightmare racing toward us the Presence we felt approaching from the NE?

Yes.
The map is wrong. It should be northeast of you, not north.

The Capybaras figured out distances and times to intercept and made the map quickly, after they finished the update.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

We should probably keep in mind that there is a chance that using Ball Trance could see us banished from Ur. We promised not to do it again, and we're on our last warning. On the other hand, we're trying to save 600 people and it's a desperate situation.
I'm still leaning towards us doing it anyway, because I think we're going to have to give this thing everything we've got if there's any chance of winning, but there's definitely going to be some fallout from using it. We were permitted to use Arrow-time during the battle of Taanach, so that might be slightly more acceptable.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
AHL

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

DGL

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
CFL

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
CHL

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

When in danger and when in doubt...

C
F
?

Turn around and shoot that thing!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Balls!

Uh...

Uhh.....

1. A
2. F
3. L

Fuuuuuuckkkkk

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

1. A
2. H
3. J

We can't save everyone and this is the time to acknowledge that. Fight now and fight hard.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

CFL

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

I..I have no idea what to vote, but...

will its boys (the bipedal demons outpacing the pack) be on us in three minutes? Less? More?

I actually like Enkidel's odds when it comes to holding this thing, and only this thing, for 3 minutes, but if its reinforcements will get here before ours do, my confidence diminishes significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

UppaTree posted:

I..I have no idea what to vote, but...

will its boys (the bipedal demons outpacing the pack) be on us in three minutes? Less? More?

I actually like Enkidel's odds when it comes to holding this thing, and only this thing, for 3 minutes, but if its reinforcements will get here before ours do, my confidence diminishes significantly.

Diogines posted:

None of the other demons or howlers are likely to intercept you before Uriah, Nahari and Ithma get to you.