Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
also yeah ##vote dj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Aren't Mystics the ones who know exactly how many scum remain each day?

EXAKT Science posted:

Still think it's big up for similar reasons to yesterday and also due to the lack of hammer.

Just to clarify, you think bigup was scum because of the lack of a hammer, so scum are likely to be among those who didn't vote for him?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Still think it's big up for similar reasons to yesterday and also due to the lack of hammer. Also the scums probably like mafia because they killed a lurker, so that's something to think about

I don't think lack of hammer means anything. I don't know how many people were here, and scum would be happy to keep another big distraction around for another day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Wow rude

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really know what to think of big right now, but I'm inclined to vote for him. but i also have a feeling in my gut that this is just a big distraction

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Gnomevotecount for Day 2

Bigup DJ (2): EXAKT Science, totino boy

Not Voting (11): Asiina, Bigup DJ, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, imgay, JakeP, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Puntification, Somberbrero, Tommunist

With 13 gnomes, it's 7 gnomevotes to lynch. The current gnomedeadline is January 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

Please leave a comment on this webzone if you would like a pizza roll.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Still think it's big up for similar reasons to yesterday and also due to the lack of hammer. Also the scums probably like mafia because they killed a lurker, so that's something to think about

can you clarify this at all for me? so far as i can tell the case is that he shitposted and scumclaimed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

HMMMMM THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW

##vote exakt

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote EXAKT

My opinion hasn't really changed. Also, the vague word choice above ("similar reasons to yesterday" as opposed to "for scumclaiming") makes me think EXAKT is constructing a lie instead of sharing an honest opinion.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
What kind of a maniac puts a deadline on new years day? sorry/notsorry etc.

Murmur Twin posted:

My opinion hasn't really changed. Also, the vague word choice above ("similar reasons to yesterday" as opposed to "for scumclaiming") makes me think EXAKT is constructing a lie instead of sharing an honest opinion.

Why does vagueness make it more likely to be deceit in this scenario? Are you implying he's hoping that the ambiguity will lead people to think his reasons are better than they are or something?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i forget what s happening except that I remember bigup dj was playing some really good mafia and shouldn't be lynched forhis bravery

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Murmur is also probably scum, imo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

because...

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Puntification posted:

Why does vagueness make it more likely to be deceit in this scenario? Are you implying he's hoping that the ambiguity will lead people to think his reasons are better than they are or something?

In this case, I think that the vagueness is a tell. Even if we ignore EXAKT's meta When I try and look at the game from the point of view of a town EXAKT, my response to a vote on BigUp petering out would be to case the people who didn't vote there.

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, because you screwed yours up. I'm also casting a sideways glance at the way Somber is calling me a good vote but it's also hedging his bets on me.

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I don't think bigup is a smart move. I'm playing board games and being rude right now but I will check back in.

Like for example, if EXAKT had an eye on Somber on D1 and then Somber was one of the deciding votes leading to not hammering BigUp. I find it suspicious that EXAKT doesn't have anything to say about that and is instead focused on BigUp "for reasons similar to yesterday".

EXAKT Science posted:

What makes you say this?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
She's pushing a bad case, and I've seen her jump on an early case super seriously as scum before

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Like, one of your very first posts was casing me super seriously, which, tonally, did not fit with the rest of the discussion that was happening at the time

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Somber is pinging me, but in the past, when I'm town and he's vocal about how he thinks I'm scum, he's town

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Like, one of your very first posts was casing me super seriously, which, tonally, did not fit with the rest of the discussion that was happening at the time

I saw something that I viewed as suspicious and made a case based on it. Are you saying I shouldn't have done so because we were in jokephase?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

How is that a criticism?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
~tone~

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I dunno what you are trying to argue here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

She's pushing a bad case, and I've seen her jump on an early case super seriously as scum before

EXAKT Science posted:

Out of curiosity, do you think it's scummy that I didn't vote BigUp to break up the no lynch

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Out of curiosity, do you think it's scummy that I didn't vote BigUp to break up the no lynch?

mafia edit, don't know where my question mark went

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, a bit. It means that we're now in day 1 2.0 and are going to have the same dead-end conversations add yesterday since we only have the flip if someone with like two game-related posts, and it's the flip from a night kill rather than a dunk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, a bit. It means that we're now in day 1 2.0 and are going to have the same dead-end conversations add yesterday since we only have the flip if someone with like two game-related posts, and it's the flip from a night kill rather than a dunk

I agree with this statement, in that my failure to prevent a no-lynch is more incriminating than my having a serious tone on D1 when I made a case.

Why not mention it when you originally cased me?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think EXAKT has a pretty bad case on both DJ and MMT so far

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what does that make you think about exacts alignment

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

what does that make you think about exacts alignment

I am already voting exakt.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'd vote exact if you can convince me that his "bad cases" were made maliciously in order to force a lynch and weren't made in good faith of scum hunting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ok

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Does anyone not from New England have anything to say about anything?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Does anyone not from New England have anything to say about anything?

pls don't locationshame tia.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat mmt don't want me to speak anymorr

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

drat mmt don't want me to speak anymorr

I never knew you were from NE and my role PM doesn't say I dislike you this time around, so please feel free to speak ;-*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I'd vote exact if you can convince me that his "bad cases" were made maliciously in order to force a lynch and weren't made in good faith of scum hunting

What makes you think there was a good faith attempt? If anything you've mostly laughed off the BigUp case. Why would it make sense for you to back up Exakt here?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

What makes you think there was a good faith attempt? If anything you've mostly laughed off the BigUp case. Why would it make sense for you to back up Exakt here?

im not saying that or doing that, i haven't reread anything and was telling Kash I would vote with him if he could show me that the votes he called bad were scum votes, and not just a towny trying to generate some content

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like calling someones votes bad to me has nothing to do with that persons alignment in and of itself, being wrong is a town tell if anything, it comes down to why the cases/votes were wrong and thats what I want Kash's opinion on if he actually feels confident about the statement he made

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If someone is scum, doesn't making a bad case that allows them to dodge the lunch make sense on its own? Town have no motivation to make 'bad' cases and I think that it's apparent that the case on DJ is bad, because no one can take the time to actually explain its merit. If the case is not bad, then I'd like someone to explain it to me in a way that is at least a little bit compelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

If someone is scum, doesn't making a bad case that allows them to dodge the lunch make sense on its own? Town have no motivation to make 'bad' cases and I think that it's apparent that the case on DJ is bad, because no one can take the time to actually explain its merit. If the case is not bad, then I'd like someone to explain it to me in a way that is at least a little bit compelling.

Is this a hypothetical or are you saying that is what happened?

• Locked thread