Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hes getting ready for another day of space rape in the verse

not wearing pants frees up more raping time

At least he's wearing his special beige rapin' socks. They've got LTI (Long Term Infection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm overthinking this. These things are so minor to implement it's not really a thing.

It's really easy duh, that's why games are fast, easy and cheap to develop and don't require frequent patches after release!

It's called Game Development and clearly you don't understand it unlike me!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nothing's hanging out, if you look closely you can see his cock neatly folded into the bottom of his shirt

no lie

You know, I clicked the image before reading your post and just went "Urgh, no thanks" and closed the tab without inspecting the image. Read you post, and it was like a magnet that made me, no, forced me to go back for seconds.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I guess it depends how they implement it. If they just add a hud element labelled "captured animals: 0" and then have that number randomly increase as you walk around the surface of a planet then it really is as easy as he's saying!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Look, it can't be that difficult to implement procedural tech. They've already got a rock solid foundation to work from.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

wow sandi is so humble. she's saying shes only doing the job of 6 people instead of 10.

edit: beer4thebeergod - CORPORATE SPY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 5, 2016

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
I don't approve of CIGs methods but to be fair you do have to be a shrewd business person to extract 100m+ from nerds building theoretical space pixel shaped dreams. :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wow sandi is so humble. she's saying shes only doing the job of 6 people instead of 10.

Also the David Jennison letter is real and our choice is to either get a poo poo game or wait.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm blown away with your commitment to taking the high road throughout this exchange. And I am not at all surprised at Maleficent's constant twisting of your customer support issue into her own personal platform to tell you how awesome she is. That whole company really is all about her, isn't it.

I wish I could say this exchange enlightened me, but none of it comes as any surprise. Your exchange here will go on to be one of the classics when people start doing post-mortem forensics.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

What the gently caress

Can they at least give you the tally of the votes for overturning your ban? Did every employee get to vote and did you have ample representation? This is not how justice - STAR justice - works

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also the David Jennison letter is real and our choice is to either get a poo poo game or wait.

from the second img:

quote:

"i am one of the best saleswoman in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since i was a very small girl"

um lol

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress

Welcome to the 'verse.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: beer4thebeergod - CORPORATE SPY

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

even after skimming that email exchange, sandi and chris are made for each other. i can just imagine them both having their nutso meltdowns and writing huge paragraphs against any and all detractors

I also love how she keeps mentioning shes one of the best saleswoman IN THE WORLD.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress this company hahaha what the poo poo.

So Chris didn't want to sit up all night writing a coke-fueled rant in response? Then why did he do that instead of having some other representative just say "We categorically deny these allegations, no further comment."? If Sandi is so insanely brutally competent why didn't she advise that course of action?

Aaand there I just put more thought into what an appropriate response would be than they did.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

haha loving hell that exchange is pure gold. I AM THE BEST SALESWOMAN! MY MUM TOLD ME WHEN I WAS LITTLE SO NERRRR

Also, confirmation that the David Jennison letter is real and that Derek had the original ship name correct so he does/did have sources. loving nice one Sandi, you might be NO1 TOP SALESWOMAN but you're poo poo at PR. loving clownshoes!

The way she writes does not reflect well on her general intelligence.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone should probably tell her what happens to salespeople that take the money and don't deliver the product. Hint: They're not given the best salesperson in the world award.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

even after skimming that email exchange, sandi and chris are made for each other. i can just imagine them both having their nutso meltdowns and writing huge paragraphs against any and all detractors

I also love how she keeps mentioning shes one of the best saleswoman IN THE WORLD.

And she can't take time off because everybody needs her help and the company would fall apart.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

my favorite is the guy who took a picture of himself taking a poo poo in a space toilet. It's amazing.

Why did I go look, why.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Who the gently caress refers to themselves as "a shrewd businesswoman"?!?!?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sandi is incredibly professional

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hahaha was that sandi doing the "Doesn't have the balls" reply because thats exactly how people were describing one of her rants usually went.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Crap beer I thought I was reading the 1st chapter of sq42

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thirsty Dog posted:

Someone who is obsessed with themselves

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Thirsty Dog posted:

A raging, insane egomaniac. Not that we needed further confirmation.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hahaha was that sandi doing the "Doesn't have the balls" reply because thats exactly how people were describing one of her rants usually went.

Didn't someone post a bunch of Matilda quotes from Reddit where they kept saying things like that.

lol Sandi is Matilda.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lowtax posted:

And she can't take time off because everybody needs her help and the company would fall apart.

Don't worry, she's takes plenty of time off as evidenced by photos that have been posted in the threads.

EminusSleepus posted:

Merry Christmas and thanks for this all expense paid vacation spergs!

Notice the date. Sandi's reply to Beer was on December 18th. This post is from December 25th.

Also, since SC's development, they've been to Monte Carlo during the Grand Prix on a yacht. You can bet that wasn't cheap.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 5, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Read every word, and my god. Anyone. ANYONE. Who thinks CIG are competent custodians of anything are the biggest idiots walking the planet.

It's a scam. It has to be. I've never seen such run around stalling "hope they just give in if we baffle them with bullshit" in my life.

I'm actually really angry after reading all that, and I have no investment, financially or emotionally, in SC what so ever. People like this should not be allowed to run companies.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

That fuckin gallery. Holy poo poo. The first one is great.

That'll be those birds the crobber was talking about.

Yeah those are pretty fun if you can get past the jank.

I'd sell all my spessships in an instant for an eagle. (I don't have any spaceships. :( )

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh. My. loving. God. December 15th and no bullshit about how "most of the features have already been delivered", in fact they even offer you a full refund despite you not asking for it just on account that you are too negative. Here it is boys straight from the horses mouth, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Any goon that was denied a refund knows what to do.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Why does everybody related to SC spend time writing a million paragraphs about how Derek Smart isn't worth the time to write a million paragraphs about?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Sandi is actually Jeremy Clarkson :tinfoil:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

Why does everybody related to SC spend time writing a million paragraphs about how Derek Smart isn't worth the time to write a million paragraphs about?

:iiam:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I am a shrew businesswoman with lots of experience in business
I would put this in fake resumees jsut to see what reactions i get.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

They are very angry about him. He invoked their wrath, and now they take up the quills to write angry letters.
One could call them... Quill-wrath-y

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I used to make comparisons with Enron. Now I'm thinking more like Amy's Baking Company.
:cripes:

Still, I'm probably going to keep posing Enron quotes because it's still a good illustration of how greed can poison anything, and even if CRobber and SRobber aren't actually actively out to scam someone, I would be highly surprised if there wasn't someone in the organisation that is. There's just too much money floating around being spent on insane frivolities with far too few safeguards for there not to be someone who skims a hefty chunk of change off the top.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen is the premier comedy generator

Hats off to croberts

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

You know who does have balls? Space toilet guy. Look, they're right there, tucked into the bottom of his shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Yolomon Wayne posted:

They are very angry about him. He invoked their wrath, and now they take up the quills to write angry letters.
One could call them... Quill-wrath-y

:rimshot:

• Locked thread