Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
and yeah I think that's all I got for this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Just to clarify, you think bigup was scum because of the lack of a hammer, so scum are likely to be among those who didn't vote for him?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also EXAKT never bothered to reply to this.

Why exactly do you need the answer to that? Are you saying you don't believe EXAKT's claim?

Epsilon Plus posted:

You can see why I've been a bit of a non-participant. Getting useful data from this mess is hard. Wish Somber had stuck around, his insights are great.

In my experience, apologizing for lack of participation is usually something scum does because they're concerned with how they're perceived by town.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Everyone wants to lunch you. Those who don't want to lunch you are too divided and/or distracted by the other idiots to make a strong case on anyone else.

Yeah, it's stupid.

I feel like this is a strange post coming from someone who has neither voted for BigUp nor cased anyone else.

Looking over E+'s posts I don't see any sort of consistent point of view, it seems to me like he's just skimming and trying to post reactions to give the impression of content. ##vote Epsilon Plus

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Puntification posted:

That multiple vote flip onto bigup after Exakt claimed is utter bs. I don't buy bigup as scum and would happily vote any of those clowns.

Is there a specific reason you don't buy BigUp as scum? Like to me his alignment is a coin flip and I'm curious if there's something I'm missing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Why exactly do you need the answer to that? Are you saying you don't believe EXAKT's claim?

In my experience, apologizing for lack of participation is usually something scum does because they're concerned with how they're perceived by town.

I feel like this is a strange post coming from someone who has neither voted for BigUp nor cased anyone else.

Looking over E+'s posts I don't see any sort of consistent point of view, it seems to me like he's just skimming and trying to post reactions to give the impression of content. ##vote Epsilon Plus

I like this case.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

##vote kash

because...?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
besides what punt said the fact that you would even question me putting any pressure on Tommunist while your game is spent between voting ExactScience for voting Bigup and voting bigup who you admittedly don't even think is scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
general rudeness

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

besides what punt said the fact that you would even question me putting any pressure on Tommunist while your game is spent between voting ExactScience for voting Bigup and voting bigup who you admittedly don't even think is scum

I didn't vote EXAKT for voting bigup???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
voting EXAKT for tunneling is not the same as voting them because they were voting a specific player.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

general rudeness

you right tho

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

voting EXAKT for tunneling is not the same as voting them because they were voting a specific player.

When you immediately switch off of him onto the player he is "tunneling" it really makes it hard to believe you actually ever felt he was scum in the first place

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
HAHA CAUGHT YOU SCUM, oh wait you aren't scum? better vote the person that you were voting for that I voted you for for tunneling 4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I thought I was pretty clear that I want to vote bigup because they are a major distraction???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like if EXAKT just said "hey, bigup is soaking a lot of attention and I want to remove them" instead of "hey he scumclaimed and also *wetfart*" then I wouldn't be as bothered by it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

Is there a specific reason you don't buy BigUp as scum? Like to me his alignment is a coin flip and I'm curious if there's something I'm missing.

The way he doesn't give a gently caress and the fact most of the cases against him are fundamentally arguments from annoyance rather than anything else. It's almost never the person you really want it to be and he's "that guy".

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I thought I was pretty clear that I want to vote bigup because they are a major distraction???

You are part of what is making him a distraction

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like how did this become a thing that people think its a good thing to lynch someone because they cant stop talking about that person (but not about their alignment who cares about such things)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Its not like the dude is TMMing up the thread, he barely posts. Calling him a distraction is just a lie

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

You are part of what is making him a distraction

I agree with that, hence why I went off and analyzed a bunch of other content.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
owel a couple people want to vote bigupdj I GUESS My HANDS ARE FUCKINGTIED

votes bigup dj while a single tear drops from my eye

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello friends. im here to ssave the game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
kashono is right and killing dj for being a chaotic element is a fine reason. chaos is inherently scummy especially when coupled with no thoughts or reasoning or reads or opinions or anything. when we take the wildcards out of the deck the game is better for everyone

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

totino boy posted:

kashono is right and killing dj for being a chaotic element is a fine reason. chaos is inherently scummy especially when coupled with no thoughts or reasoning or reads or opinions or anything. when we take the wildcards out of the deck the game is better for everyone

Let's assume for a second that BigUp was out of the question - who would you be most likely to vote for and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Let's assume for a second that BigUp was out of the question - who would you be most likely to vote for and why?

Same question goes out to Chic and EXAKT and anyone else who wants to answer it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
e+ or jake, both for reasons previously stated

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think any of Kash's "cases" come from a place of him actually thinking a person is acting in a non-town way, but more that he is just looking for excuses to vote anyone.

This definitely does not feel like a town Kashuno to me

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

e+ or jake, both for reasons previously stated

Is there anything more to the jake reasoning than he made a bad vote on you?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jame out https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm saying that I didn't quite follow his logic and I would like a confirmation that what I understood is what he intended.

Murmur Twin posted:

Full disclosure: my past few IRL days have been kinda lovely. Combined with what a quagmire this game has been so far I admit to not being fully participatory.

I think bigup is town. I see a lot of the kind of shitposting I do when town's acting foolish and tunneling me. I'm glad to see that we're starting to veer away from it.

Kashuno posted:

I have voted to kill people I don't think are scum before to remove distractions from the game I don't see how this is much different :shrug:

This is lovely. Like, I understand the reasoning behind it but that doesn't make it good. If he's such a distraction just pretend he's dead and work cases on different people? You're basically saying "I am willing to lynch town and advance a scum win because I am incapable of focusing".

JakeP posted:

I don't think any of Kash's "cases" come from a place of him actually thinking a person is acting in a non-town way, but more that he is just looking for excuses to vote anyone.

Not that I know kash's town/scum metas but I wouldn't be surprised if Kash flips scum or 3p ##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You didn't actually case me in here, or if your case was that I was annoyed by DJ, you are blatantly ignoring the fact that I have produced a ton of other posts about stuff from other people that I want to interact with in a futile attempt to misdirect town in hopes that it will not be examined. Your vote on me lacks any sort of substance, other than "eh, I guess I'll trust Jake's meta read look at how much I'm not sure but am willing to get behind jake here!!"

And furthermore, ##vote E+

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now thats what i call omgus 16

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

you're not great at figuring out what a town Kashuno feels like.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it not jake fault though kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We are essentially at d1 part 2 because we have no flip to go off of and the deadline switch combined with it being nyd hosed with things so it's hard to really gather info based on the no-lynch. So yes, I'd be happy to lynch someone not me because the only thing I can really go off of is that I am town and with no evidence to consider other than the basics, I will go where my gut leads.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

it not jake fault though kash

I feel decently confident in E+, not much on Jake.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
d1 more of bk's fault turboin on new years tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

d1 more of bk's fault turboin on new years tho

:agreed::yeah:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i would vote for tommunist or punt because they are being very snipey and distancing from interactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Kashuno posted:

You didn't actually case me in here, or if your case was that I was annoyed by DJ, you are blatantly ignoring the fact that I have produced a ton of other posts about stuff from other people that I want to interact with in a futile attempt to misdirect town in hopes that it will not be examined. Your vote on me lacks any sort of substance, other than "eh, I guess I'll trust Jake's meta read look at how much I'm not sure but am willing to get behind jake here!!"

And furthermore, ##vote E+

You're right, there's no "case". I just don't think, out of the current players, that you're not playing the way a town player does. Welcome to psuedoday 1.

(lol "substance")

• Locked thread