Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tsyni posted:

Reveal our wings to all and have them bow before us!!!

:byodood:

We would probably get a huge boost off of direct worship...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

We would probably get a huge boost off of direct worship...

The very boost we need to destroy these demons and scatter the border patrol/thought police!

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Diogines posted:

Does anyone have a catchy name for the demon? It does not look like it is going to monologue and tell you its name. It looks like it just wants to kill you.

I will call it loving Nasty

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DCBomB posted:

I will call it loving Nasty

Fleshblight? :heysexy:

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Ew

Got a nice ring to it though

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Eugh.

I like it.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

We have a winner. A disgusting, disgusting winner

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
:golfclap:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

This is good.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

Fleshblight has the most support for the name of the Demon(?) but if you have a better idea, please speak up now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

Fleshblight has the most support for the name of the Demon(?) but if you have a better idea, please speak up now.

I'm so sorry Diog.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

Pookie.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Call it Leaj.

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

Mrs Nesbit

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

horrible lurkbeast is spot on

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Brett

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Look, I know this thing is pretty nasty but that's just harsh.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Ishamal was evasive in your youth but has opened up a great deal on many topics as you got older and finally stopped "experimenting" behind his back.  Which apparently he knew about all along.  Still, after you return from the destruction of Tanaach he said...

Diogines posted:

Ishamal says matter-of-factly as if he was telling you to pick up some fruit from the market that "You may not have a pair of wings, Enkidel.  You probably have some other questions, ask."

He also claimed you were dying before Jael (and others?) intervened because you were clumsy in putting your body back together.  You do not forget the tremendous concern of the Trio in Zepahath that men might be overly influenced by them and the tremendous concern your civilization has with worshipping Melachim, a crime punishable by death.  Did Amok tell you the truth of your lineage?  Did Ishamal and the Trio know?  And what about others?  Jael claimed some... others he would not name would not let you back into Ur at all unless you let him finish... which involved fixing your mangled back and maybe removing wings?

These thoughts cross your mind.

So do others.

Mainly thoughts related to the Demon(?) currently chasing you, which you have decided to call Fleshblight.  It is a strange looking abomination of mishapen flesh, a blight you think to yourself and so you name it such.  For that and for no other reason at all. Thirty five feet tall and running at you with great speed, your doom is close at hand.

Other thoughts on your mind as you run include the fact that you do not want to die.  Well you might be immortal but you don't want to be eaten either.  Nor do you want to allow your men, your children and the innocent people of Gebeb to perish for nothing.  Your survival might make all the difference and you don't like your odds of fighting that thing alone for several minutes.

FWOOOSH!

You glap your wings hard and keep going! You soar into the air and thirty paces ahead!  The ground trembles behind you as Fleshblight pursues!  Howlers and other demons rush towards you from every direction but you and your men will probably have a few minutes to fight Fleshblight alone before they make it to you.  If your men were not putting everything they have into getting to you as quickly as possible Ithma would probably raise a hand, point to you and say to Nahari "He's flying! Enkidel is flying!" He does not.  This would take a wasted moment he could spend running to you. Snarls continues to shout encouragement.

GO GO GO! GET TO THE PACK! KILL THE BAD-SMELLERS!

Running and leaping with mighty flaps from your wings, you keep going.  Your Balls haul-rear end towards you in heavy armor at speeds which would break all Olympic records and make Usain bolt hang up his running shoes if any of those things existed in Ur which of course they do not.

You run!  You fly!  You GO as quick as you may, Fleshblight getting closer by the moments.

[...]

In large part as a result of your actions, Manhood Trials have come back in style in Zepath.  If you leave no other legacy(after this demon kills you in a few minutes), it will be that all male youths in the lands Tudiya rules go on a Manhood Trial as in days of old.  Granted, the unblooded do not do particularly hard ones but by and large they are succeeding.  Some youths do die, but not many.  Tudiya is greatly pleased by these more humble efforts.  Well he was, before the fall of Tanaach.  Tudiya rarely smiles anymore.

With Aaron to mentor you as a boy and decades of adventuring under your belt you are a master of the arts of the wilderness.  You taught them and have not all of your sons survived their Manhood trials, three succeeding in spectacular manner and one even seemingly meriting divine intervention?  You know rather a lot about wilderness survival and the ways of animals.  You've even had a few odd observations, such as the fact that when they are very, very young, before they are born, all animals seem to look kind of alike and kind of like fish? Weird.  Well, other thoughts are on your mind now.  Thoughts about predator rivalries, territory and predator-prey relations.

The demon which is about to kill and perhaps eat you must be pretty mean to survive out in this El-forsaken wilderness.  Which means either something even nastier is protecting it, or if not, that it is just that tough.  Is it invulnerable?

You have seen a number of rather ridiculous fights during your life and fought many terrible foes.  Killing Bareen took two kings hours.  At Tanaach Eliahba and a demon threw each other through buildings and into the sky without apparent effect.  You have fought several monsters which seemed to regenerate.  First and Second were not invulnerable but you were unable to pierce the skin on most of First's body and had you not caught him sleeping AND had supernatural aid from the giant stones would have surely failed?

Yet many foes you fought were not so impervious to harm.  The Great Toad.  The Manticore.  Everfang.  Terrible and deadly foes surely and very tough but not invincible.  The "gold-mesh" giants for all their magical power did not seem as impervious to harm as Tudiya is?  Fleshblight is getting closer to you by the moment and it IS going to get to you before you get to your men.  One critical piece of information you want to know is how tough its flesh is.

You have several javelins on your back courtesy of the Amalakite giants and so moments before Fleshblight is in striking range you grip your shield in one hand and grab a javelin in the other and throw it towards Fleshblight HARD! There is a small CRACK in the air which you lack the knowledge to know is caused by a sonic boom and your projectile soars towards the demon!

You hastily draw your club(*1) even as the javelin smashes into Fleshblight in the center of its chest!(*2) 

The wood from the javelin explodes into a cloud of splinters and you see... the edge of the javelin is mostly flattened into a metal slug, piecing Fleshblight's flesh ever so slightly and remaining imbedded but doing little harm.  You flap your wings hard to try to dodge out of the way of its initial blow, the great demon whails a terrible whail from its mouth and a ripple of nearly unseen force is projected from its mouth(?) towards you!  You barely manage to get your shield up in time, which catches the attack and sends you flying far further than you intended!

You crash into the ground and bounce twice, rising to your feet only in time for Fleshblight to be upon you again!  You flap your wings again to try to put more distance between you and it, to dodge out of the way of its next attack!

You make it into the air!

...and then feel something grab at your leg as it grabs you.

One of its arms is as an enormous spear and it tries to skewer you with it but in a move which would require focus and reflexes such that it would be impossible for a mortal man, you block the blow with your shield!  Dangling upside down, the demon tries again and you block the blow a second time!  If you somehow make it out of this alive you really need to thank Tudiya for that shield!

You try to smash at the demons grip with your club but your blow does nothing, the demon grabs your entire upper body with its other claw!  You struggle to break from its grasp but it is futile, this thing is vastly stronger than you.  Your armor is exceedingly tough and has not broken so far, yet Fleshblight raises you towards its mouth, your Balls are rushing towards you but they are still far and its jaws, close. Your entire upper body is clamped in one long, spindly yet surprisingly strong claw and one leg in another.  It is about to chow down on you like an El-drat corn on the cob and you are about to die.

[???] is/are/have/will/may decrease.  Uriah is/was/will/may be responsible/cause/source/foundation.  You can't see him.  You can't even see the demon's mouth right now, your field of view is focused upon the ground because of how it is holding you.

1.  You....
A.  Stop whatever Uriah is/are/have/will/may be doing or have already done.  You will succeed.  It is a small act of will and effortless.  If you want to stop prevent pause delay cease undo never was, you can will are is. Keep struggling to break free!

B.  Keep struggling to break free and don't stop whatever Uriah is or will have has do done!

The following options are add ons with any option above:

C. gently caress it! What does it matter you decide! You already flew on front of four of your closest friends, each of whom are prominent Kavodel citizens, are you even going to be allowed back into Ur now!? What does your promise to Ishamal matter anymore!  Light the demon on fire with an act of will! [???] cost is trivial.
D.  No.  I mean light its rear end up! Okay then! Put far more [???] into making fire than you ever have before.  Lose between 5 and 15 men worth of strength from this great conflagration!

E. As an act of will, you can move an object weighing about a hundred and fifty pounds... if you are so close you can almost touch it. Given your enormous strength, this ability has few... practical combat applications, though it is what you use to make Blooded Bronze arrows, subtly manipulating the metal over and over.  It also lets you strain dirt from water or swirl liquids. If you release this ability in an... uncontrolled and explosive manner you suspect you might be able to release tremendous force all around you.  Maybe enough to break free? You once saw Eliahba (while doing a summersault up the side of a city wall) turn a stone block into a fragmentation explosive, was that how he did it?  Like C. above this is explicitly the sort of thing which breaks your promise to Ishamal.  You don't know how much this will effect [???] but are actually pretty sure that the effect will be so small you won't notice? You are almost virtually certain this won't empty your Well all in one go.  Manipulating things in this way seems to effect [???] very little.

F.  CLAMP your teeth into the demons claw and bite as hard as you can! The thought of trying to eat this thing is DISGUSTING and VILE but you could try!  It is... technically edible?

G.  Abandon your body which is about to be eaten! Given Ishamal training on not leaving your body by accident combined with the more than a little crazy experiences on this long adventure you have a good guess at how to divorce your (mind? spirit? soul? ego? cconsciousness?) from your body. Try it and hope for the best! It can't eat (you?) if you abandon your corpse!

H.  Something else.  Fill in. Any physical effort to break free falls into option A/B above, variations of how you try to break using physical strength are not viable. Your entire upper body is clamped in one long, spindly yet surprisingly strong claw and one leg in another.  It is about to chow down on you like an El-drat corn on the cob. It is tough to get creative from that position.

(*1)You drew your club and shield because trying to use your bow in close range with a fast, enormous demon was probably suicide.  You needed to adopt a more defensive style and hope to live until backup arrived.  And you were right.  Chalk it up to knowledge you benefited from as an adventurer.  That is why we did not have a vote on the question, giving you a chance to commit suicide.

(*2)In a similar line of reasoning to *1 above, we did not vote on what you aimed for.  Chalk it up also, to a benefit of what you know as an adventurer.  You wanted to find out if it was supernaturally impervious to harm.  At least one Amalakite giant was literally able to dodge your arrows while running at them.  The head is a smaller target than the body and harder for it to dodge, so you aimed for it.

*1 and *2 were both in response to requests to apply Enkidel's... battle-savy more, otherwise we would have had a vote.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 6, 2016

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

BE excited be be excited.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
B

Also uh, Pray?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

B and F. Let Uriah do whatever the El he's trying and use your jaw strength for something that isn't eating rocks!

ETA: I don't want to eat our attacker. I want to startle him enough that he moves and slips up somehow.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 6, 2016

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. B at least. Might also vote for one of the other things later but probably not?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A. Don't experiment, don't break oath.

Using magic will just draw more demon to us, it's counterproductive. Believe in our balls and don't give in to pressure.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

To clarify, the "80% rule" applies to C through G.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Diogines posted:

To clarify, the "80% rule" applies to C through G.
Why won't it apply to B?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
B

Do not break the oath. You know, since we already got our balls banished, we might as well not forsake everything we are and represent.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

BC

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AH

Pray?

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 5, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B please don't stop Uriah, he's the only one allowed to use our magic!

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

B

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
B

G is tempting.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Well, Ishamal told us to not let them draw on our well (as happened at Tanaach), but we broke the flying rule already so w/e. It's not technically experimenting either I guess.

B- let Uriah do the thing. Don't experiment. Don't yet allow ourselves to die - we can hopefully take one blow (chomp?) before our well empties.

Maybe. Probably not.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

B

Do not break the oath. You know, since we already got our balls banished, we might as well not forsake everything we are and represent.
In response not just to your post but to several, I want to make it ABUNDANTLY clear you do not know if you are banished or not. Some options assume you are. Some options assume you are not.

Amok said he is a god and the child of a Melachim, who he seemed to hate. Your civilization punishes Melachim worship with death. The Trio seem REALLY worried about overly influencing people. Ishamal told you not to put words on the mouth of El or Labaras or the House of El. There are probably many people or beings more than a little worried you might reveal your wings. Ishamal flatly said you can't have them. Jael said you could not re-enter Ur if you did not let him finish but did not explicitly say they was because of wingats or not.

On the other hand, are you not doing a great, mighty and righteous deed and is El(?) not smiling upon you? How could any cast you aside when El(?) has shown you such favor? People in this entire region of Ur are going to take notice if you actually pull off such a monumental deed as defeating an Amalakite king and rescuing hundreds of innocent all the way back to civilization!

I have laid things really thick in the last update and this point but you don't know for certain if you are exiled or not.

It is up to you to decide, to weigh the issues at hand and act as you think best.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 6, 2016

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

Nyaa posted:

Why won't it apply to B?

I suppose because technically that's not actually something we're doing?

B

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
What weapons do we have?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

act as you think best.

welp rip Enkidel

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Why won't it apply to B?
You are not actively experimenting. Someone else is doing done does do have had will something. Not you. That is TECHNICALLY not part of your vow. Ishamal may have even had a word or two about such times, but it is not technically covered.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
B
And SMASH IT IN ITS loving STUPID FACE

If our arm is free that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Why won't it apply to B?

Because the 80% rule is a rule against using our powers in violation of the oath we swore to Ishamel, which was to not experiment. B is an option to do nothing, to not resist something. It is not a vote for us to experiment with our powers or use them in combat, it is a vote to let happen what is already happening.