Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

totino boy posted:

i would vote for tommunist or punt because they are being very snipey and distancing from interactions

I don't really know what you mean by this so will assume it's scum talk for I intimidate you with my vast mafia prowess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

You're right, there's no "case". I just don't think, out of the current players, that you're not playing the way a town player does. Welcome to psuedoday 1.

(lol "substance")

based on what?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

I don't really know what you mean by this so will assume it's scum talk for I intimidate you with my vast mafia prowess.

punt who besides me is giving you scum vibes?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

everyone who has not shared the answer to the following questions during this tdool 2 who besides me is giving you scum vibes?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

idk why it was so hard for me to understand what you were saying there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

totino boy posted:

i would vote for tommunist or punt because they are being very snipey and distancing from interactions

I'm going to go look at Tommunist RIGHT NOW but I don't see what you mean about punt. Dude basically resuscitated this thread. That doesn't mean he can't be scum but I don't want to vote him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

You can see why I've been a bit of a non-participant. Getting useful data from this mess is hard. Wish Somber had stuck around, his insights are great.

btw, this is a little odd considering we have barely interacted this game. thanks though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think Tommy is scum. He is skittish when pressured and I have trouble buying the bigup vote from him. Bigup has actually, i think, contributed more to this game than several people. i mean, go read Gay's post history. White noise is better than silence.

As Jake brought up earlier, his earlier suspicion of me is nowhere to be found. He has nothing to say about my new posts and hasn't tried to engage any of the other players who wanted to vote me. The bigup vote isn't cohesive with his stated positions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

totino boy posted:

kashono is right and killing dj for being a chaotic element is a fine reason. chaos is inherently scummy especially when coupled with no thoughts or reasoning or reads or opinions or anything. when we take the wildcards out of the deck the game is better for everyone

this is nuts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Not that I know kash's town/scum metas but I wouldn't be surprised if Kash flips scum or 3p ##vote Kashuno

that seems out of place?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

btw, this is a little odd considering we have barely interacted this game. thanks though.

You're in my top 3 Mafia players bby :swoon:

(Taste is part of that top 3 though so according to some others I may have brain damage)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

You're in my top 3 Mafia players bby :swoon:

(Taste is part of that top 3 though so according to some others I may have brain damage)

Taste is very good at Mafia at least, he's one of the best scum players.

I'm not really feeling Kash. He and Jake both read like town arguing past each other.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

punt who besides me is giving you scum vibes?

Well,

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with this statement, in that my failure to prevent a no-lynch is more incriminating than my having a serious tone on D1 when I made a case.

Why not mention it when you originally cased me?

This post by murmur pinged me, it seems weird and wrong logic-ed, like, who assured in their own towniness thinks their own behaviour is incriminating? And attacking exakt cos the argument she came up with that may not even have occurred to him until pointed out by her is better than his seems really odd.

Otherwise I'd consider voting anyone who used the word distraction in a vote of theirs but I've not got a huge amount of strong feelings past that other than derp talked smack about me so he's deffo a buster. Is buster a thing people still say?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
mafia inaugurates a paranoiac machine in which all action is potentially intentional and assumed intelligence tends to infinity. are kashuno and exaky science actually this incompetent? is it a ploy - an attempt to take advantage of my assumption that no one who has played mafia before and was scum could be so poo poo at everything? am i being had??? mor to come

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
yes, an endless recurrence of second-guessing. are they incompetent? woud they like me to think they're incompetent so I don't think they're scum? would they like me to think they'd like me to think they're incompetent so I don't think they're scum so i think their scum?? and many more. the qestion: from which assumptiongs can i work?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
"the Media is the Massage"
-mcluhan

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bigup DJ posted:

mafia inaugurates a paranoiac machine in which all action is potentially intentional and assumed intelligence tends to infinity. are kashuno and exaky science actually this incompetent? is it a ploy - an attempt to take advantage of my assumption that no one who has played mafia before and was scum could be so poo poo at everything? am i being had??? mor to come

I'm really sorry Somber but Bigup DJ is now my first, second and third favorite Mafia player

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
pardon me - the effects of all action on me, bigup DJ. a blunder, to be sure *chuckles into pipe*.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish you had a single useful opinion

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Puntification posted:

This post by murmur pinged me, it seems weird and wrong logic-ed, like, who assured in their own towniness thinks their own behaviour is incriminating? And attacking exakt cos the argument she came up with that may not even have occurred to him until pointed out by her is better than his seems really odd.

My thought process was that EXAKT's case on my tone was, in my opinion, faked. I didn't buy that someone could have read over my posts and come to the conclusion that my tone when casing EXAKT was the scummiest thing about me (instead of my failure to vote to break up a no-lynch). I figured I would question them there to gauge a reaction.

I mean - even now, their claim is the only thing that makes me feel like my read was incorrect.

totino boy posted:

Can you clarify a post or two of punt's that makes you say that? And what's your read on E+?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
e+ is going with the flow and sort of riding other peoples waves, maybe trying to get a feel for the game, or could be a 'stay under the radar' tactic.

you can read punts posts and see what i mean like they are all just 'thats point point wham okay bye' and not really wanting it to be a conversation, just like a post he puts out there and doesnt have to deal with or think about anymore. i dunno maybe im not phrasing what i mean correctly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The deadline is in less than a day and I think this is best ##vote Epsilon Plus

Epsilon will be the first to tell you that I have a 100% track record with reads on him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
honestly mafia is very frustrating for me now.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

The deadline is in less than a day and I think this is best ##vote Epsilon Plus

Epsilon will be the first to tell you that I have a 100% track record with reads on him.

I don't think this will ever stop being funny.

Somber, do you think kash's vote on me was an OMGUS? If you had to take your best guess at it right now, who would you say my scumbuddies would be?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I unbookmarked this thread accidentally oops

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Anyways I have somewhere to be soon and don't have enough time to catch up (and won't be around at deadline either) so I'm gonna drop a ##vote bigup and post more d3. sorry folks!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote chic trombone

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

id vote chic trombone

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote chic trombone

id vote E+ as well over Bigup if it comes down to it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Full disclosure: my past few IRL days have been kinda lovely. Combined with what a quagmire this game has been so far I admit to not being fully participatory.

For what it's worth, regardless of the game state I hope things improve IRL :)

Chic Trombone posted:

murmur fwiw not voting out a new person on d1 of their first game is pretty much common courtesy and i think saying "i don't want to vote the new guy out" is a null tell, if anything imo

I've had a scum read on Chic since the above post - my two biggest reads are E+ and Chic but at least E+ is engaging more with the game. ##vote Chic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:justpost:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It annoys me that so many people are just vote locked on bigup and content to not to anything else, its very frustrating, and the fact there are so many doing it tells me its not just scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
its really just lazy as poo poo and pretty indicative to me of the current state of SA Mafia

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think kash is still the best choice but I'll jump to chic if that's the only way to avoid a no-lynch; I think bigup dj is more likely to be town than either of them so I'd really rather not go that way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

its really just lazy as poo poo and pretty indicative to me of the current state of SA Mafia

no u

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're wringing your hands over people voting someone who is completely refusing to play and saying that those votes are reflecting poorly on the community?

Oh please.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

You're wringing your hands over people voting someone who is completely refusing to play and saying that those votes are reflecting poorly on the community?

Oh please.

Let the mod deal with it and play mafia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hes not even the least active player in this game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
asiina scum meta spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
we no lynched yesterday and the fact taht people are content to sit on this one dude, and post nothing else until the deadline in a couple hours is pathedic, especially considering many of the people voting the guy have even said they have no alignment read on him. Its going to be day 3 and we are going to have a no lynch and a lynch where nobody is even accountable and everyone is fine with that

• Locked thread