Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

fuctifino posted:

In every acting video I've seen of Sandi, she's a wooden 2-dimensional robot. There is no kind of emotion in her voice or face.

In the snippet of her firing someone, she looks animated. Her face is alive, and her voice is non-mono-tonal.

This leads me to believe that the video did in fact catch her genuinely firing someone.

I wonder if it could be botox? She's old enough to be worried about wrinkles, and botox helps prevent and smooth out wrinkles. Botox works by paralyzing the little muscles around the eyes and forehead, so if the person doing the injecting is a little heavy handed you wind up with an immobile doll face, which is obviously really bad for actors. In a lot of her performances her eyebrows don't move at all, which could just be terrible acting or it could be a botox side effect.

example:

Even when she does really extreme eye movements her eyebrows barely move at all. It's odd.

In the telephone performance video her eyebrows and forehead do move a bit, which would be consistent with the botox wearing off. It makes her look much more lively and human.

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Iglocska posted:

If you read the rest of his recent tweets, it's obvious that the whole Austin leaking people thing is "slightly exaggerated".

Says the person who doesn't work for CIG... Hrm.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Due: Two Weeks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got a link to these emails?

Text Format: http://pastebin.com/jZVuT00q

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

OWLS! posted:

Says the person who doesn't work for CIG... Hrm.

I'm kind of surprised to be honest, expected someone that has left CIG to either not say anything or have some salty words, but this guy went all out in defending them. Maybe things aren't as dire after all?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

from the same pledge level as the documentary

That's called saving your game, Crobber. Games have had that since forever. Dressing it up as a feature and calling it "hibernation mode" is some Transverse level poo poo.

hahaha so what the gently caress, if you aren't a high tier backer you can't even save your game?!?!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Happy Sisyphus posted:

How much does Ben weigh?

In my professional "Lives in the south" opinion, ~400-450.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Iglocska posted:

I'm kind of surprised to be honest, expected someone that has left CIG to either not say anything or have some salty words, but this guy went all out in defending them. Maybe things aren't as dire after all?

He could be one of those guys with such an anti-Derek hard-on that he can't fight through his own cognitive dissonance. To say anything bad about them would be to prove Derek right.

Also he needs a job.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Khanstant posted:

hahaha so what the gently caress, if you aren't a high tier backer you can't even save your game?!?!

The cheapest lovely 35$ Aurora has a bunk.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Iglocska posted:

He was probably promised a good reference on the way out.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Khanstant posted:

Sounds more like a “safe logoff” kind of feature that ensures you're actually removed from the game world if you quit in space, whereas plebs will have to find a station or other safe spot to do so.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cms-preview/3.eb1fea423589/

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

The cheapest lovely 35$ Aurora has a bunk.

I spent $45 for my lovely Aurora. Somehow in the exchange I apparently lost :10bux: that I could have used for Platinum. That was probably CIGs plan all along.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

How much does Ben weigh?

Nevis or Lesnick?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol im gonna be so glad when this game fails and we can view his tears on reddit

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

That Works posted:

He was probably promised a good reference on the way out.

In which case he would probably shut up. Being this defensive is unusual I'd say for someone that was just told to stay silent about the bad stuff. #believe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

Okay I just started writing this two hours ago, so it's not near finished or edited, but feel free to have a preview of my Star Citizen article so far:

Please do not share it since I'd rather have the finished one shared instead of this incomplete one. Any feedback or ideas would be great!

gently caress yes I needed something to do at work

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Lowtax posted:

I'd intersperse it with various screenshots of the game in different states of failure. Which means any screenshot of the game should suffice.

Edit: Or those user-submitted pics, like the guy with the falcon, or the dude standing in front of what appears to be a garbage bag festooned with Christmas lights.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks for the text, beer.

Here's the analysis of the text:

Beer's text analysis:

Sandi's text analysis:

She doesn't like you beer. I'd start getting your assistant to start your car in the mornings.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: Spaceships in Space Piloted By Spacemen Inc

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lowtax posted:

Needs more ego-maniacal ranting and references to special snowflakes :golfclap:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Thanks for the text, beer.

Here's the analysis of the text:

Beer's text analysis:

Sandi's text analysis:

She doesn't like you beer. I'd start getting your assistant to start your car in the mornings.

Alas, much like Sandi, I do not have an assistant.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lowtax posted:

You need a section on "Meet the Devs!" where you lambast Chris, Sandi, and Ben. Complete with short bios.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lowtax posted:

The best part is some of it reads like a post on the CIG forums and not hyperbole.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Only one mention of a bird, I heard birds are very high up on the things to do list, please write more about birds. And birds in space. Maybe cover zero-g bird flying simulations, too.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Alas, much like Sandi, I do not have an assistant.

Ha ha, yeah. But seriously. Get that remote starter in your car today.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How long until it appears on reddit and the poster pretends like he is a detective.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Lowtax posted:

I can't see any pubes, so I'm assuming Sandi has edited this already.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd intersperse it with various screenshots of the game in different states of failure. Which means any screenshot of the game should suffice.

Edit: Or those user-submitted pics, like the guy with the falcon, or the dude standing in front of what appears to be a garbage bag festooned with Christmas lights.
I am going to use the photos of the SC backers, I add the pics after I get done writing. Also I'm not going to seriously address any actual drama like the Sandi customer service insanity, since that would require a lengthy backstory and explanation for the average reader.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

In which case he would probably shut up. Being this defensive is unusual I'd say for someone that was just told to stay silent about the bad stuff. #believe

He seems to have been a volunteer before he started working there

Guess the citizen cheer can last you just about eight months

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Lowtax posted:

Surely this game will have an in game trial system to execute or enslave players convicted of pvp? Space-McCarthyism sounds like a game module that should be great for immersion.

Also, don't forget to refer to it as the 'verse or some dumb parody of it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Do people actually read Something Awful articles? :laffo:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

Without the rape barn I'm just not immersed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Decrepus posted:

some of them are pretty great

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Decrepus posted:

They will read this one if it somehow ends up on the reddit and SC forums

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Without the rape barn I'm just not immersed

This guy is immersed in Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Ha ha, yeah. But seriously. Get that remote starter in your car today.

Do an analysis of Chris's letters.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bait and Swatch posted:

They will read this one if it somehow ends up on the reddit and SC forums

How would that ever happen?!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

They would have to be completely insane not to do everything in their power to shart out SQ42 Episode 1, Chapter 1, Verse 1 in 2016.

SQ42 is not the interesting part. Any B class studio can manage a 30h gameplay single player only cryengine FPS with some turret and vehicules sections between mocap cutscene with 2 years and 20-40M$. It will score between 65 and 75 on metacritic with a higher user rating due to cultsts and be average on all aspects.

The only real question is will crobizzle throw his wife (and VP of a 100M company) as a love interest to the depraved hordes of player asking for rape dungeons aboard their ships or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Lowtax posted:

I could really go for an Orange Julius now.

• Locked thread