Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Yes. If you don't own anything (which, considering all the money they've made according to public records, they don't), there's nothing to seize.

i don't think you can lease that anniversary edition that photobombed homeless santas picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Bait and Swatch posted:

Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

Sweet baby Odin, what the gently caress is wrong with these people? :stonk:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Wafflz posted:

can't forget

Is that a real picture and where the hell did it come from? The context for this photo has to be equally as :wtchris:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

Sweet baby Odin, what the gently caress is wrong with these people? :stonk:

A combination of mental health issues and sexual frustration while worshipping a hack game producer who hasn't done anything notable in more than a decade

Oh wait we're taking about goons right?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

LuiCypher posted:

Is that a real picture and where the hell did it come from? The context for this photo has to be equally as :wtchris:

Now imagine what the person that took the photo is thinking

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

LuiCypher posted:

It is very very real. Bunnyman showed up to the event at PAX South last year.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

LuiCypher posted:

It brings joy to my heart when I post that pic and a new person sees it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Star Citizen faithful never stop being funny (to wipe bunnycreep from your mind):

quote:

You do know that the commercial launch is Squadron 42, and it is very much on track for a launch this year.
There's no evidence that Squadron 42 is on any track at all, but CIG said it's almost done so it's true. -someone who "invested" $2250

quote:

Whichever way it swings, both 'sides' of this ridiculous argument are stooping more and more to hyperbole in a desperate attempt to somehow prove themselves more right. Why do you give so many fucks?

How is this any different from any other AAA game development cycle? Practically the only thing blowing this into a disproportional shitfest is that arsewalloping thundercunt Derek who is determined to undermine a direct competitor to his utter train wreck of a game that would make even Spore hang its head in shame.

Let's just agree to the fact that the game will be late. The game won't meet all your expectations (duh). The game will hopefully be fun. And leave it at that.

Meanwhile, the PTU has been a giggle. It's the first time in any game I've been able to fly around in a multicrewed ship with mates, get out and EVA around an abandoned station then jump in and go pew pew some pirates. Had plenty hours of fun on it already (which is more that can be said for anything DS has ever released in his 20 years in the industry, just saying.)
Both sides are being ridiculous, but Derek Smart is the devil. Derek's game and CIG can't possibly be sucking at the same time -someone who paid $180

(sorry Derek)

quote:

I really don't get the hype of No Man's Sky - looks to me like a bland arcade "explore the universe"-game
All these other space games of which there are release- or playable pre-release versions, they're bland and boring. Unlike Star Citizen which is 100% perfect in my mind. -someone who donated 450 bucks

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

How the gently caress does someone who is supposedly a 10x marketing genius consistently self own on a daily basis holy poo poo.

Sandi for the love of god stop using the Internet. You can control the narrative in CIG and no one will mention your constant retcons and double think but the rest of us are beyond your reach. :cry:

Because she's an idiot. As the attorneys have said to me repeatedly, she's going to be a deposition Gold mine

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

If that bust is "big", I apparently had had sex with a lot of freakishly deformed women. (Of course, this assumes Sandi IS a woman.)

My wife do a lot of sewing (some featured in theatrical/tv production, think PBS) and here is her comment on the subject :

"By modeling standard anything above "A" is big. Ideal models (not cover girls or supermodels, just regular catwalkers) are living clothes hanger wearing size 0 so your demo clothes looks good and are easy to sew and cheap to produce since you do them by hand at first world labor cost in a city studio. The peon in a 3rd world sweatshop will deal with bigger size once the optimised laser cutting and machine sewing steps have been designed for the production model"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Yes. If you don't own anything (which, considering all the money they've made according to public records, they don't), there's nothing to seize.
Psychoanalyzing a bit, but it's kind of part of a pattern, yeah? They want to look rich, but are not actually wealthy (because they don't own anything). It's ... superficial. Star Citizen looks fancy, but most of the effort is being done to make it look good for shows and commercials while the foundation is utterly broken.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Somebody mentioned this hundreds of pages back but I finally saw it myself. Sandi also put in a semi-recent performance on Hulu's "The Mentor". She was a part of an all-female focus group, offering candid feedback on the user-friendliness of the Swagbacks website.

The opening question from the group facilitator: "Have any of you ever used a website that was really confusing and difficult to understand?"

Sandi got one line in: "I'm just completely... confused..."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Death of a forum poster
well it happens a lot round here, and if you think ships are the common goal that goes to show how little you know
death of a forum poster, well i'd rather not get involved, I never talk to my therapist i'd rather not get involved
love peace and harmony love peace and harmony oh very nice very nice very nice very very nice, maybe in the next verse.....

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I got wind of it last night actually. But in between sporting a massive boner from this latest reveal, while resisting the urge to post about it last night, instead of waiting for today (I just did), it has been rough.

Back in Sept when I said she was using backer funds for this poo poo, again, some people chose not to believe it. There is a movie she shot (for some Paris show) using staff and equipment and which I have seen and have access to. It is solid proof of this.

It's creepy when you talk about your boners Uncle Derek. Please don't.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

It is very very real. Bunnyman showed up to the event at PAX South last year.

"Both Sandi and Disco confirmed there will be no official CIG event at PAX East this year. That said, some folks from CIG may come out and they encourage Citizens to arrange their own meet-ups while there. :)"

Gee, I wonder why.

Also, where are my god damned space emus. gently caress sakes it can't be that hard to code in.

The front page article needs the shipramp.gif too. Otherwise it's good.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Somebody mentioned this hundreds of pages back but I finally saw it myself. Sandi also put in a semi-recent performance on Hulu's "The Mentor". She was a part of an all-female focus group, offering candid feedback on the user-friendliness of the Swagbacks website.

The opening question from the group facilitator: "Have any of you ever used a website that was really confusing and difficult to understand?"

Sandi got one line in: "I'm just completely... confused..."

How the holy gently caress do you find these things?

:psyduck:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Holy poo poo, I think the Sandi simulator is becoming sentient :stare:

"I don't understand though if what exactly? David Jennison and things for the issue storily and abetting I was able to set it. All the executives and I am confident this whole company. I'm abusive, I'm about me are not able to respond to be which case you are not able to do it. As the backlash from the forums is, however, not aware of your actions.

Wermanded which I don't understand why you feel the company. I'm spending backers money on person out of the community and they with forum staff and abusive, I'm only here because if your request to have their opinions and as the community and they are consident the permanent and really writing and I am confident this to Patrick."

(also it's a neural network, not a markov bot, and I'll sue anyone who says otherwise :argh:)

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

Because she's an idiot. As the attorneys have said to me repeatedly, she's going to be a deposition Gold mine
It occurred to me that Sandi can't find someone else to do her job(s) at her pay rate because anyone who sees how much of a fuckup she is will of course want to get paid more just to do it right.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

This is the sort of denial we can expect when it all crashes.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
All Lowtax has to do is give the word that there will be a Star Citizen community article, and this thread will open up to vomit forth all the wonders and horrors of the 'verse

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

They're going to deny cig and star citizen ever existed and they totally didn't spend thousands of dollars on jpegs.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Omi-Polari posted:

Psychoanalyzing a bit, but it's kind of part of a pattern, yeah? They want to look rich, but are not actually wealthy (because they don't own anything). It's ... superficial. Star Citizen looks fancy, but most of the effort is being done to make it look good for shows and commercials while the foundation is utterly broken.
Yeah, the game is a reflection of them: desperate to keep up with the Jonses.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God drat it, Lowtax. Now I really want some of those crispy onion string things.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Derek your next game should be primarily about forging emails in space to make the droid army or whatever go to a different planet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fargin Icehole posted:

Trespasser. Daikatana. Spore. Star Citizen.

Any other overly ambitious projects that suffered from delays and eventually were released, and bombed?

How could you forget DNF? And so many others after?

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Star Citizen embezzled away 100 million hopes and dreams, because Derek Smart and friends

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

God drat it, Lowtax. Now I really want some of those crispy onion string things.

I've got some at home. I loving love them. Great on salads. Or just eat them right out of the package with your fingers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

I've got some at home. I loving love them. Great on salads. Or just eat them right out of the package with your fingers.

I thought I had some left over from making green bean casserole over the holidays, but I was wrong. My hopes and dreams have been crushed.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

ewe2 posted:

What I love about this is how blissfully unaware they are about how Twitter works (you can be searched despite a block), and that simply being blocked from a feed doesn't give you carte blanche to slander on the internet, or that their lame witticisms behind the doubtful safety of a nick are of such importance. It's so hilariously juvenile.

I'd also love to know exactly what DickWulf is asking in the repeated FOIC requests, since the answer is so very carefully "did not identify a record that would respond to your request". :allears:

I just like how this guy is literally gloating about being a big cowardly baby. "Tee-hee I can say mean things and he can't hear me because direct confirmation is too scary."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm the aggro freak out Sandi is having right now because of Derek's tweets.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Wafflz posted:

can't forget

I showed this to a friend at work. He shrugged, told me this was harmless and showed me this.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/peendroid/freewillyohshit7jb.jpg

He won.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

How the holy gently caress do you find these things?

:psyduck:
It wasn't really my find, actually.

Kronok mentioned it back in the "Fear, Uncertainty, Debt" thread...

The big acting reel dump yesterday reminded me about it so I figured I'd use my hulu account to get better screen grabs.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm the aggro freak out Sandi is having right now because of Derek's tweets.

Wat

Link pls

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Omi-Polari posted:

They want to look rich, but are not actually wealthy (because they don't own anything).

To be fair, leasing does actually do away with the issues of scheduled maintenance, and is usually at a loving premium compared with buying a 2 year old porker, bearing in mind that it's difficult to know the year of a car in the US; it's not in the license plate. You don't 'walk away from a lease', either, they're very specific on terms.

Mansions are in a similar vein, but again, there's also the point that it makes it hard to sieze assets *BUT* that's why you build limited liability corporations four deep as a liability shield. I think the renting is vaguely innocuous.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

It wasn't really my find, actually.

Kronok mentioned it back in the "Fear, Uncertainty, Debt" thread...

The big acting reel dump yesterday reminded me about it so I figured I'd use my hulu account to get better screen grabs.

Waiting for sandi to update her imdb page as GUEST STAR on this show.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Romes128 posted:

Waiting for sandi to update her imdb page as GUEST STAR on this show.

That's SPECIAL Guest Star!!!!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ewe2 posted:

I'd also love to know exactly what DickWulf is asking in the repeated FOIC requests, since the answer is so very carefully "did not identify a record that would respond to your request". :allears:
- Are you investigating CIG yet?
- No.
- No.
- OK, OK, we'll do it!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Romes128 posted:

Wat

Link pls

sorry I should clarify that this is a hypothetical freak out.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lowtax posted:

I am going to use the photos of the SC backers, I add the pics after I get done writing. Also I'm not going to seriously address any actual drama like the Sandi customer service insanity, since that would require a lengthy backstory and explanation for the average reader.
Please include the self-proclaimed Dark Knight of Star Citizen.

Mirificus posted:

The Dark Knight of Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thronde posted:

That's SPECIAL Guest Star!!!!

Next... A very special episode, starring Sandy Gardiner.

"So, show me on the doll where she touched your wallet..."

• Locked thread