Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Tab8715 posted:

How's the patch?

Had fewer mm and party failures and gunplay seemed nicer to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Was partying with goons post-patch once in a game there wasn't much, if any, difference compared to pre-patch, but we had more trouble than ever actually getting into games.

Fewer instances of endless matchmaking but many more instances of being stuck in a lovely purgatory screen where we get to look at smoke until we alt+f4.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a trick to killing a medic when they self revive or do they just get to be invulnerable because of magic?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

BadLlama posted:

Is there a trick to killing a medic when they self revive or do they just get to be invulnerable because of magic?

Just shoot them. AFAIK there is no invulnerability.

Orv
May 4, 2011

whoknew posted:

Just shoot them. AFAIK there is no invulnerability.

They have iframes on the standup, when their gun appears they're good to die.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Orv posted:

They have iframes on the standup, when their gun appears they're good to die.

You can kill them as they're shooting themselves with the gun, though. Just immediately aim for their body when they fall and they won't even get a chance to get up.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

lohli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGcAZXVJYlU

We might have won but you were a little too committed to the gimmick in a pretty bad way, you should have planted and then you could have stood, stalwart, in the fireplace.

You either commit fully to the shield ace gimmick or you might as well have lost already.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 8, 2016

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Liberatore posted:

I don't know about bullet drop, but at long distances you're basically trying to be pixel-accurate when almost none of the sights are good enough for that.

I presume that wasn't the case but if you shoot a camera from an elevated position, you end up hitting the post rather than the camera itself.

Ok the pixel thing makes sense.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This game is so great and I hate it so much. Stupid 0.62 kill ratio.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

The combat is all close quarters, adding in bullet drop doesn't make any sense.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lohli posted:

We might have won but you were a little too committed to the gimmick in a pretty bad way, you should have planted and then you could have stood, stalwart, in the fireplace.

lol. I need to give this a try.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Pfox posted:

This game is so great and I hate it so much. Stupid 0.62 kill ratio.

lol I am in the same boat; shitload of fun for each shitload of anger.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My only real gripe with the game are the angles, I've died way to many times to some dude who could see all of me and I couldn't see him at all, or if I could just a tiny sliver.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
They need to fix clipping through walls. I get so mad when I see a kill cam where my gun was tracking right through a wall.

Also clipping through and setting off Kapkan traps is infuriating.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Doctor_Acula posted:

They need to fix clipping through walls. I get so mad when I see a kill cam where my gun was tracking right through a wall.

Also clipping through and setting off Kapkan traps is infuriating.

Yeah I have seen quite a bit of the gun clipping as well.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus

lohli posted:

I've uploaded a lot of the stupid rounds we had, cause I didn't know lohli had uploaded stuff too.
It's being processed as I'm posting this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXtYKCKuD4

I didn't bother to split the videos up into different links, so here's a compilation of last nights fun plays, about 13min long. Last night was literally the most fun I've had playing R6:Siege, so much stupid poo poo going on.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Tachanka continues to be worst dude since I shot around 30 bullets into Twitch's head from the MG with blood flowing everywhere, then they obliviously looked left and right, and then calmly raised her gun and shot me in the head.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
That's not an issue exclusive to Tachanka.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Do we know why this would happen because it's pretty uhh broken. Never seen anything like it in a game before.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AbortRetryFail posted:

Do we know why this would happen because it's pretty uhh broken. Never seen anything like it in a game before.

Packet loss maybe or more likely :ubisoft:

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus

Schnugaf posted:

I've uploaded a lot of the stupid rounds we had, cause I didn't know lohli had uploaded stuff too.
It's being processed as I'm posting this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXtYKCKuD4

I didn't bother to split the videos up into different links, so here's a compilation of last nights fun plays, about 13min long. Last night was literally the most fun I've had playing R6:Siege, so much stupid poo poo going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfnbJnjeDM0
Here's also a little bonus clip of Wolffensteins finest moments.

Sorry, Wolff.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
i blame my mistakes on the inability to cancel actions

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tachanka's special should also be a shot to the head doesn't instant kill him but instead knocks him down (When at full HP). He is wearing a giant teapot after all.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

BadLlama posted:

Tachanka's special should also be a shot to the head doesn't instant kill him but instead knocks him down (When at full HP). He is wearing a giant teapot after all.

It should just spin his helmet around backwards, and he has to spend a second or two comically readjusting it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BadLlama posted:

I actually like this a lot

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

between the people able to see through walls and some operatives just being straight up better than others, this is a really weird F2P game

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I wish some of the people playing this game would not get so salty after they died. I had one guy talking poo poo on me for being the last one left alive "because I was hiding like a bitch" the whole round from the last attacker.

We're on defense. He *has* to come to me. Why give him the jump?

Kids thinking this is straight deathmatch. :argh:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doctor_Acula posted:

Kids thinking this is straight deathmatch. :argh:

It isn't?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I'm not saying that killing everyone is bad. But when the attacker has to enter a specific zone or I win anyway, why risk it? I see this a lot when it's down to like 2 attackers. They'll post up and wait, and then it gets to be the last thirty seconds and I'm like "do you not get that they're not coming out?"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

You aren't wrong about the defender having time on his side, but if you are merely sitting still (defender or not), you are at a disadvantage unless you are hard to spot at first glance:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/ImportantIllfatedCoati.webm

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 8, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kills are always more important than the objective.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Jehde posted:

I love how often I steal a hostage or secure a point against players with this mind set. While roaming as a defender is needed, remember to keep the objective in mind and be close enough that you can react.

Last night our team won a round as attackers where we only killed one defender, I was waiting for the trap to be sprung the entire run out with the hostage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't like hostage rescue, its really easy for attackers to grab the hostage in most maps unless you all pack into the room which then tends to get you all killed anyways. If you couldn't repel with the hostage then everything would be fine.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/l6wkTPk.gifv

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
First match I play after coming back from the holidays and my entire team dies in the spawn point because the enemy exploited outside the building in the deployment phase.

:thumbsup:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Dezztroy posted:

First match I play after coming back from the holidays and my entire team dies in the spawn point because the enemy exploited outside the building in the deployment phase.

:thumbsup:

Didn't play a single game tonight where someone wasn't doing this. It's super easy too. Aim at door, hold f and Ctrl. :effort:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Great Beer posted:

Didn't play a single game tonight where someone wasn't doing this. It's super easy too. Aim at door, hold f and Ctrl. :effort:

Teams that don't TK the assholes doing this piss me off.

V On plane I ganked some lone dude in the very top of the plane who had the defuser and my entire team actually listened to me and came up to the top of the plane and just camped all the access points for any easy win.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 8, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Jehde posted:

i love it when some dipshit has the bomb defuser, and im on voice comms telling them to plant it at the completely empty bomb which also has an easy to camp plant site where we can all sit outside and cover it from safety, and they are loving crouch walking away from the bomb up the stairs into another part of the map, where they die and drop the defuser and cause us to lose because the enemy has entrenched themselves in some bullshit nothing part of the map. This kind of thing is understandable in casual, but in ranked its loving ridiculous if I ever have to deal with that poo poo.

The best part is, doing the objective is an ez way to get kills because the defense has no choice but to come back to the objective or lose. Just do the objective, camp, and wait for the kills to roll in!!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Do any Euro Goons pay this on PS4? My need to shoot people in the face is overcoming my reluctance to talk to people.

e: nvm, it was in the OP, I am dumb, sorry!

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

streaming some goonsiege: http://twitch.tv/antipax

• Locked thread