Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Pretty bleh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I don't like Derek's new avatar. I just skipped over probably a bunch of really good Derek posts thinking he was one of us regular retards.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lowtax's pocketbooks thank you for the 10 dollars to change Derek Smart's avatar, kind redditor

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dear avatar-changing reddit-dude, I would like to request you spend :10bux: and capitalize the "s" in "I forgot to think of something smart to put here" under my avatar. It'd be like a wicked burn on Derek and he'd probably get really mad.

You know you want to do it.

e: I like my picture of a happy beet though, so don't change that. Unless you have a better picture of a beet. Or any picture of a beet. Thanks in advance.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Even handed, doesn't really sugar coat things but just presents the facts. Backers will naturally consider it clickbait trash.

From the comments posted:

Wait, why would the dude be banned from the forums for ten years for "interacting and associating with DEREK SMART" when goons have historically hated DEREK SMART for years? That, and goons have been some of the biggest supporters for the game, from what I've read.

I dunno. It doesn't seem to add up.

I personally don't have a horse in this race; I'm just wondering why stuff like this would happen.

It doesn't add up, but is entirely accurate, it's a brave new world.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

G0RF posted:

Maybe if Sandi wasn't spending company time, equipment, and personnel to pad her acting reel footage, she'd have more time to train up Customer Service staff.

Then again, we wouldn't get stuff like this and that would be sad.

I still can't get over how in one shot it's a jail uniform in the next it's business casual. Guess that's what happens when Roberts is a producer.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I still can't get over how in one shot it's a jail uniform in the next it's business casual. Guess that's what happens when Roberts is a producer.

It's meant to be a flashback. Just really poorly executed.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

fuctifino posted:

LOL. People are mad enough over an imaginary game to spend $10 to change someone's avatar.

Though saying that, they have spent $1000's on fake imaginary spaceships for an imaginary game, so $10 is a drop in the ocean.

It also probably provides more entertainment than a jpeg spaceship ever will.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Man, when is someone going to get angry enough to change my avatar. Hey redditors, it's me Derek Smart's nephew. Please change my av. Something Taylor Swifty would be nice.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, spend all of your free time on the food lab website. It has recipes for (and the science behind) everything.

The what now? Link this fucker.

Unless you mean Serious Eats, in which case yeah, that is a good cooking website.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer they probably aren't telling David Swofford the truth, though I doubt he's that interested. His email address is on this press release if you wanted to ask him to stop responding to the gaming media with allegations against you that are untrue, as that's not very nice.

He's probably a decent bloke, maybe if he figures out how dodgy all this is there is less chance of somebody else getting hosed over in the same way.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol, good article

gently caress star citizens

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
sandi looks like a việt cộng :\

she should play one in an upcoming groundbreaking vietnam war movie

her character should suicide bomb something

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Or, to stay positive, they've realized that going to those events was costing more money than it was worth spending on development.

Could be, CIG are famous for their frugality.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zyo4u/wait_backers_can_get_banned_in_rsi_forum_even_if/

lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
If you want to get more value out of your avatar purchase, I'd avoid Derek and target one of the top five posters in the thread.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

sandi looks like a việt cộng :\

she should play one in an upcoming groundbreaking vietnam war movie

her character should suicide bomb something

My friend Ken Burns has a documentary coming out on Vietnam

http://kenburns.com/films/vietnam/

Probably too late for Sandi to snag a role though

Needless to say I am looking forward to it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you buy me an avatar though, please make this the avatar

and just add your sick burn below it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but make it funny

if its not funny ill probably just buy this back

if its a funny-ish burn i usually let it stay for like 30 days

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
So is this just a truce or are goons and derek smart allies for life?

I still think of that Roberts vs Smart beating up a coke machine joke and smile from time to time

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Beer they probably aren't telling David Swofford the truth, though I doubt he's that interested. His email address is on this press release if you wanted to ask him to stop responding to the gaming media with allegations against you that are untrue, as that's not very nice.

He's probably a decent bloke, maybe if he figures out how dodgy all this is there is less chance of somebody else getting hosed over in the same way.

Contacting him directly wouldn't do much. I'm not a member of the press, and frankly all he'll do is refer me to CS.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So on a scale of calm to sandi how many butthurts will this article produce in the cig community?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So on a scale of calm to sandi how many butthurts will this article produce in the cig community?

Mild diaper rash. Unfortunately it's not terribly controversial and it's easy for backers to simply accept what CIG says at face value.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

It's a Starcult.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

AP posted:

It's a Starcult.

Holy poo poo that guy is everywhere. Hi Rajafa, I know you are reading this. See you in the 'verse!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

AP posted:

It's a Starcult.

Rajafaaaaa! :argh:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

If you want to get more value out of your avatar purchase, I'd avoid Derek and target one of the top five posters in the thread.

Or more specifically the 13th poster ITT. Registered 2005 and I still don't have an avatar so you know that poo poo is sticking around. I'm not begging I'll be genuinely crushed if you tag me with something nice about Fart Shitizen to wear with shame for the rest of my days

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It will make the rounds long enough for them to jerk each other off and dismiss it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, been a few dozen pages, but I didn't forget about Duke Nukem Forever, I just wanted to forget it

Trespasser. Daikatana. Duke Nukem Forever. Aliens: Colonial Marines. Archeage. Spore.Sim City 2013.X:Rebirth. Star Citizen

Anything else?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
this thread has totally cursed me because ever since i started cataloging the restoration hardware stuff, every single website i visit now shows me a banner ad from that stupid store.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jimb posted:

It will make the rounds long enough for them to jerk each other off and dismiss it.

I see I see *strokes beard* this will all be published in my scientific manual : callidi negotiatoris qui opus VI populum

https://translate.google.com/#en/la/shrewd%20businesswomen%20who%20do%20the%20work%20of%206%20people

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Alright which one of you wrote that?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

The Walrus posted:

So is this just a truce or are goons and derek smart allies for life?

I still think of that Roberts vs Smart beating up a coke machine joke and smile from time to time

I would say frenemies at best. Goons anarchically side with the situation giving the best laugh and right now its uncle Derek. I personally appreciate his insight and the deep knowledge he has of the gaming industry and game development but rest assured many are not above taking a piss at him wen he get into ridonculous Internet feuds with cripples or the unemployed.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Google translate posted:

Did you mean: shrewd businessman who do the work of 6 people

Ha!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Contacting him directly wouldn't do much. I'm not a member of the press, and frankly all he'll do is refer me to CS.

No wouldn't do much, would be funny if he went on a rant though. I understand and I think it's a lovely that after all the effort posts you put in on RSI trying to actually help them make a decent game they turned on you for something trivial that isn't even against their stupid rules and are so embarrassed at loving up again they won't even admit it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I like when someone who hasn't been following any of this expresses confusion. It reminds me of how much absurdity I've become habituated to.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it shouldn't be that hard to internet sleuth this one, since I used the same name

though there are some grammar errors there that I missed- yuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ravane posted:

Man, when is someone going to get angry enough to change my avatar. Hey redditors, it's me Derek Smart's nephew. Please change my av. Something Taylor Swifty would be nice.

I would also like a new avatar after the "Derek thought I was mocking him" incident :smith:

• Locked thread