Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

ill be in a round table

I'll be around a table. Hit my digits at dinnertime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I do feel like if this game ever came out I would be the most hunted man in the entire universe. It's kind of cool.

Maybe, until they all figure out Derek Smart is playing.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
2016 Lesnicks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So you're saying he wouldn't refer to a customer as a butt-hurt special snowflake?

To be fair, I have now started referring to customers as butt-hurt special snowflakes nearly every day at my job, and I think it is perfectly acceptable customer service. The interactions typically go something like this:

"Uh, hey, these hotdogs all got stuck on the roller and are burnt on one side and raw on the other."
"What are you? Some butthurt special snowflake? Just eat the loving dogs and shut the gently caress up. They taste fine, I ate six of them when the assistant manager wasn't looking"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FrankieGoes posted:

To be fair, I have now started referring to customers as butt-hurt special snowflakes nearly every day at my job, and I think it is perfectly acceptable customer service. The interactions typically go something like this:

"Uh, hey, these hotdogs all got stuck on the roller and are burnt on one side and raw on the other."
"What are you? Some butthurt special snowflake? Just eat the loving dogs and shut the gently caress up. They taste fine, I ate six of them when the assistant manager wasn't looking"

same

when a server went down earlier and I couldn't find anyone to own up to being responsible for it I just told the customer

"what are you some butt-hurt special snowflake? yeah maybe you can't schedule deliveries, just make due with what you have idiot"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Maybe, until they all figure out Derek Smart is playing.

They actually removed Smart's account to keep him from having game access. It doesn't stop him, but presumably if they found him playing an alt CIG would ban that as well.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They actually removed Smart's account to keep him from having game access. It doesn't stop him, but presumably if they found him playing an alt CIG would ban that as well.

It would be really nice if someone would ban Chris Roberts and his Sandi Wife from the company.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Assuming the impossible comes to pass and this game is both released AND actually half-way worth playing. What will the Goon flagship's name be?

S.S. Derek Smart?

S.S. Burkey?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I suspect they refunded Derek in full in an attempt to prevent him from being a member of a possible class action suit... but what do I know?
I'm just a radio dj, and project manager.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

lilspooky posted:

Assuming the impossible comes to pass and this game is both released AND actually half-way worth playing. What will the Goon flagship's name be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjj4e1VRfc
U.S.S. SUCKLORD

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Imagine your friend or coworker got a brand new special edition porsche and you're too fat to even sit in it, and your bodyweight exceeds the max weight for the chassis hahahahaa

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

lilspooky posted:

S.S. Derek Smart?

S.S. Burkey?

I vote for the S. S. Whale Breaker

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

lilspooky posted:

S.S. Derek Smart?

S.S. Burkey?

S.S. lilspooky

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it has to be some variation of Pequad come on

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kakarot posted:

S.S. lilspooky

Im pretty sure any name we come up with will be put on a "to kill" list anyway, so we might as well come up with every name for a ship possible.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you haven't heard of my ship? this is the ship that made the kessel run in 12 lesnicks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I suspect they refunded Derek in full in an attempt to prevent him from being a member of a possible class action suit... but what do I know?
I'm just a radio dj, and project manager.

Also a toxic presence, and a nice guy who fell in with a bad crowd.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

lilspooky posted:

S.S. Derek Smart?

S.S. Burkey?

FLJK Professionalism

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My ship is the SS Sandi because I'm so good I do the work of ten ships - warpspeeds into sun

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012
USS Paarpquod :yarg:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you haven't heard of my ship? this is the ship that made the kessel run in 12 lesnicks

Lesnick: (pronounced Lesnick): Can be used interchangeably for both units of weight AND distance. 1 Lesnick is *usually* equivalent to ~415 pounds of weight, which can then be calculated to a distance of nearly 1 mile per ~41.5 minutes. It has revolutionized our understanding of just how weight truly affects speed and how black holes can slow time.

Edit: Seriously Mr. Lesnick, from 1 fat rear end to another, you look like your about to have a heart attack any minute. for your own sake, lose some weight.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it will be the Exxon Valdez because everywhere it goes is a huge spill of tears and birds die

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

and bad frogger

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

it will be the Exxon Valdez because everywhere it goes is a huge spill of tears and birds die

The Smarxxon Beerdez.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

How many pages ago did you make that? After you read this, how many pages are you behind again?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is great.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I do feel like if this game ever came out I would be the most hunted man in the entire universe. It's kind of cool.

if I was limited to one account I'd have the same fear myself

but the verse is supposed to be 90% NPC and 10% furry pedos, so the odds are not worrisome.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the slowest ship in the verse

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its true it has to stop and rest/refuel every few steps :( i mean space meters

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grimcreaper posted:

How many pages ago did you make that? After you read this, how many pages are you behind again?
By the time I made it I was behind six posts again.

Every single post has been worth reading. You are a beautiful thread.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Same.

I hadn't expected any more gold from this thread until at least mid-late January, but it continues to exceed all expectations. loving magical.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I learned it by watching you!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I learned it by watching you!

I am the Harbinger of PAAARP.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
this is really morbid but ifwhen lesnick does die from a massive heart attack they'll probably blame goons/smart for stressing him out

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

lilspooky posted:

S.S. Derek Smart?

S.S. Burkey?

S.S. Weedlordbonerhitler

• Locked thread